“Great Food, Hip Scene, Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prime 47 - Indianapolis

Prime 47 - Indianapolis
47 South Pennsylvania Street, Ste 303, Indianapolis, IN 46204-3650 (Downtown Indianapolis)
317-624-0720
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime 47 - Indianapolis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 1,990 restaurants in Indianapolis
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Bellaire, Texas
“Great Food, Hip Scene, Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Mo’s is without a doubt the best steakhouse in Houston. This place has a great mix of a formal/casual scene. The inside dining area is elegant and romantic if you are looking for a quite dinner. The inside bar is lively with a hip scene (sometimes with a pianist or a live singer for entertainment) and very plush seating with a large window that wraps around the bar offering a great outside view of the patio and greenery surrounding the patio. The huge outside patio has great seating (for both dining and lounging) with several TV screens strategically placed around the patio so that they do not intrude on guests (not “in your face” sports bar style), but nonetheless, they are there if you want to watch the sporting events (or whatever they happen to be airing at the time). The service is fantastic. Most tables usually have several waiters/waitresses assigned, so you pretty much never go without someone around to get you what you need promptly. The manager or owner always stop by every table to ask how you and your party are doing. The food is also outstanding. They have a large variety of steak cuts and sizes (all of which are cooked to perfection). Their sides are great and large portions. The wedge salad and lobster bisque was delicious. Appetizers are also original and very tasty (especially the kung-pao calamari). They have an extensive wine list. And last, but not least, their desserts are decadent, especially, the Mo’s cookie, which is giant chocolate chip cookie served in a shallow skillet that is crunchy on the outside and gooey heaven on the inside, served warm topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce! It’s phenomenal. This place delivers the 5-star experience. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my first time at Mo's and I was surprised just how busy it was on a Tuesday evening. I was attending a business dinner so we did not have the full menu. Our choices: Filet, Salmon or chicken.

Among the immediate group at our table 3 of us chose the filet and 1 chose the salmon. The salad was crisp and fresh and consensus agreement was that both choices, filet and salmon were excellent. My filet was perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned. Served with wonderfully seasoned and tasting mushrooms, broccoli and mashed potatoes.

About the only down side at Mo's on this evening was that it is incredibly loud, like a constant buzz, but that was because everyone was having a great time and the place was full to the rafters.

Overall, Mo's is A Place For Steaks as it's name perfectly states.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
indianapolis
“Worth every penny! Best steak I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

There were four in our party. We decided to try Mo's for the first time, on a Saturday night. We were impressed from the first step into the restaurant until we left. The service was excellent, the drinks were good. I love Filet Mignon, which was $40, but I decided to try the dry rub Kansas City Strip, which was $57. The steak was the best I have every had, the flavor was over the top. All four of us loved the appetizers, the steaks, two had Lobster tails that they described as the best they had every had. For the four of us the bill came to about $500, it was worth every penny. For us, this is a once in a year kind of meal.....wish we could afford it once a month....If you love steaks, splurge and get the dry rubbed KC strip, and ENJOY!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Laguna Beach, California
“Delian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had the Oscar medallions and the tomato salad, washing it down with a lovely Tuscan red. It made of the perfect end of the day. I left feeling happy and sated.

I ate in the bar, which I do often when traveling. Greg was awesome and very personable. His service was appreciated.

Visited November 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
“oo many other great places to eat, just skip it!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was in town for a conference and Mo's was recommended by my hotel. I had high hope for Mo's after looking at the menu....I wish I had checked Tripadvisor before going because I would have chosen one of the higher ranked steak houses. I love Filet Mignon so I ordered the 8oz with Oscar topping and two sides: the Mo's Signature Double Baked Potato and Sautéed Mushrooms.

I ordered my steak medium, but when I received it, it was well done. So they took it back, but when it returned it was rare (cold in the center). I should have just said keep it, but ever the optimist I sent it back again....third time was not a charm, but I ate it anyways because I was starving. Interesting enough they never offered to redo my sides and since it took so long for my steak to come out they were both cold. The mushrooms were good...well before they were cold, but there was nothing special about the Signature Double Baked Potato.

They did offer to give me a free dessert....REALLY???!!! I did not take them up on it. I would say hands down this experience was one of the worst experiences I have ever had.

I love good food, this place is definitely hit and miss....for the price I would recommend skipping it and trying one of the other higher ranked steakhouses downtown.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mos Indianapoli... I, Guest Relations Manager at Prime 47 - Indianapolis, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent visit at Mo's... A Place for Steaks. Please allow me to apologize for what appears to be an unsatisfactory experience. We would like to address the issues as soon as possible. Please provide me with your contact information via email (guestservices@epichospitality.com), so that we may have our General Manager at the restaurant reach out to you. Your complaint is taken very seriously by our company and will be followed up on.

Again, my apologies and thanks for writing.
Allison M