“Fantastic omelets” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Portage, Indiana
“Fantastic omelets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was recently in town for business and pleasure - I had the pleasure of meeting a long time friend and she took me to Patachou for breakfast. It was very relaxed, seat yourself, and be at home. The food was so good! I thought my omelet was great and just need more cheese but cheese is my thing, trust me, it was magnificent without it I only prefer more, ha ha! Our server was very personable and helpful. The only real flaw I could tell you about is the entire coffee station. You have to go get your own coffee, which is very coffeehouse style however, not my cup of tea or coffee if you will. It would have been better for them to give you a carafe for your table since the station was in the middle of the dining room. Beyond that strange quirk, everything was worthy of a first or second visit. Next time my sweetheart will be in tow and maybe I'll ask about that carafe.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dearborn, Michigan
“Another great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Sweet or savory - we enjoyed our choices. It is always packed and we know why. Breakfast was lovely. The fruit is delicious - the bread for toast is substantial. Yummy.

Madison WI
“outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

popular and crowded, this is a place the locals all come to for weekend brunch. Great omelettes and they are known for their "broken yolk" egg sandwiches as well. Locally owned, and many food items are locally sourced. I thought the service was excellent as well -- fast and friendly.

North Central Indiana
“Trendy Breakfast place close to Butler University”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stopped here for breakfast. Although we thought it was a bit pricey, ($15 each), it was very good. They use lots of locally grown and healthy items. I had the omelette of the day and my wife enjoyed the runny egg sandwich on sour dough bread. It's very trendy and a bit noisy, but we'd go back if we were in the neighborhood.

Chicago, Illinois
“Foo Foo Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I love that you get your own coffee. If your cup is empty, get some more. Good first step. I had the french toast. What ever happened to white bread with egg coating and syrup? This round pound of some type of foo foo bread had nuts all over it which got stuck in my dentures all day. And, they had some type of runny egg yolk sandwhich on the menu, which I did not want to go near. My suggestion: dial it down a notch and serve American Breakfast. People were friendly, but I missed the hotcakes and sausage from the McDonalds that used to be in the Hyatt.

• Visited September 2012