“Great place great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Elmo Steak House

St. Elmo Steak House
127 S. Illinois, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)
(317) 635-0636
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Elmo Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,027 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Maryland
“Great place great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We came here on a snowy Tuesday night and the place was still jammed packed it was a little noisy. Service was outstanding the food was great had the prime rib bone in end cut it was great. They say world famous shrimp cocktail, they were good but nothing I don't get elsewhere.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Maine
“I think one of the best Restaurants in Indianapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We came here with some friends....great place where to celebrate an important event together!!!
Very elegant atmosphere, awesome table service and great food!!!! The price is not so cheap compared to the other restaurants downtown, but it really worths!!!
My filet and the desert were excellent....the only little disappointment were the famous shrimps....totally frozen, no taste at all.... just this horrible spicy sauce...you can't really tell me this is a specialty!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Birthday Blah...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I would have rather gone to steak and shake instead of here. The shrimp cocktail was about the only thing that was good. My filet which I ordered medium came back three times, once rare, twice well done almost burnt. The sides were blah. Our server argued with me over what medium looks like, last time I checked it doesn't bleed... or look grey. Then the table beside us he obviously knew the two gentlemen there and gave them their filets TOTAL for $35.00 plus gave them complimentary soup, I had to pay $5.00 to upgrade my soup, not that big of a deal but here it was my birthday that my hubby had planned and I was barely being recognized lol I mean we all like to have our birthday acknowledged right? Anyway, we are frequent trip advisor reviewers and we were just blown away about how awful the service and food was.... I usually give second chances but in this case and all the amazing reviews I say you only have one chance to make a first impression and this place is NOT for us. I still say go and form your own opinion :-)

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Greenwood, Indiana
“paid reviews shouldn't count”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Horrible place for food, service or price, recommend anywhere else but here. BAD, BAD, BAD.. Food was late and not properly prepared, late fro our concert due to waiter focusing on larger groups even after we advised him of plans. ! and half hour wait until they rushed out the food because we were getting ready to leave. should've just left but was overly nice to them.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Interesting Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Outstanding food and service located in a historic building that only adds to the ambiance and charm of the dining experience. If we are ever in Indy again we will definitely be stopping in.

Visited March 2013