“Great pizza” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palomino

Palomino
49 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204-3522 (Downtown Indianapolis)
(317) 974-0400
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Palomino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 2,029 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Old Hickory, Tennessee
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went for lunch,very busy place during the week and they take reservations. They accommodated our group of 6 and had us out before we had to be back for our meeting. Great team work by the staff and awesome pizza!!!

Visited July 2014
Jeffery P, General Manager at Palomino, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for the great review. I will be sure to let the Chef know how much you enjoyed the PIZZA!

Jeffery J Perkins

“Delicious food and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We really enjoyed our outdoor dining experience at Palomino. I had the maple chicken salad with the warm wedge of pecan crusted blue cheese-delicious! My friends tried pizzas which also looked outstanding. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We used open table for our reservation which was very convenient. I would definitely come back here if I lived near Indy.

Jeffery P, General Manager at Palomino, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello,

I just wanted to thank you for visiting Palomino on your recent trip to Indy. I hope you get to visit us again next time you are in town.

Huntington, Indiana United States
“Save room for Tiramisu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great food, good atmosphere! Half price bottles of wine on Wednesdays!! We ate there for lunch on Wednesday while attending a convention in Indy! The waitress, Ami was professional in the manner that she handled food and customers. We ordered the Maytag Salad first and my wife and I split it. Then she had the soup and pasta, it was portabella soup and pomodoro pasta. I had the Steak Frites. I ordered the steak rare and it came out medium. The waitress said she would take it back and get me one that was cooked to the right temperature. We were on a break from the convention so I decided not to send it back. She assured me that the kitchen usually get the temperature right. We ordered the Tiramisu Palomino and it is a really great dessert!! They have good wine at reasonable prices and on Wednesdays, half price bottles! They have a loyalty program that Ami signed us up for and we were earning points from the first bite. If you have a group, they will return a generous portion of your checks to your organization. This restaurant really strives to earn your business!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for the nice review and apologies for the over cooked steak. I'm glad you were such a big fan of our Tiramisu! I hope you get the opportunity to come back and dine with us again soon.

Carmel, Indiana, USA
“Don't go for the scallops”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Have visited several times before & been happy with what we ordered - some disappointing surprises this time. We arrived early for our reservations but were graciously seated right away. Our waiter, Derek, was fantastic! The Maytag blue cheese salad was enjoyed immensely by my husband. The bread & salsa appetizer was delicious. My husband's filet was tender & yummy but not so much the artichoke & mushroom topping - happy to have had it put on the side. Salad that went with his meal was delicious, kind of a greek dressing, black olives, tomatoes, mozzarella & lettuce - YUM. I ordered the scallops almondine & was terribly disappointed. When told they were extremely popular, perhaps my expectations were too high. They appeared as though they had been fried and the accompaniment of almond was overdone. Expensive dish not to be totally satisfied. Another positive was the anniversary dessert Palominos gave - very thoughtful. We would go back but I would not order the scallops again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hello,

I wanted to thank your for your feedback and apologies for the over cooked scallops. They are normally one of the guest favorite items. I will be sure the chef follows up with the team to be sure they are preparing them correctly. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your evening.

Happy Anniversary,

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Always hit this place when in Indy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

It is casual and chic at the same time. Liked the Palomino in LA so tried it in Indianapolis and have been happy every time. Great after visiting the downtown museums and park, it is with in walking distance so you don't have to worry about parking.

Visited June 2014
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for the great review and dining with us why you were visiting Indy.
We look forward to your next visit!