“Great martinis” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #241 of 2,023 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International, British
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westfield Blvd.
“Great martinis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had dinner here one evening mid-week. Not too crowded. They have a nice beer selection and the bartenders make really good martinis. We had the chickpeas as appetizers. They saute the chickpeas in olive oil and then flavor them with spices. Unusual and delicious and well worth trying. I had a lamb burger sandwich and my husband had a beef burger. Both were cooked to our specifications and tasted great. Our server was very helpful in describing menu items. We like the atmosphere in the restaurant. It's cozy and intimate.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Atmosphere...Disappointing Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had talked about trying the Corner Wine Bar for a while; and during the recent art event in Broad Ripple, we decided to give it a try. We sat outside which was a great choice because it was a balmy beautiful evening. The waitress was friendly and chose a lovely bottle of wine for us for $20.

However, the food was not so good. The gazpacho which is always one of my favorites was way too spicy and very chunky with lot of onions. When I mentioned that to the waitress she replied that most people don't finish it because it is too spicy??? Where's the feedback loop to the chef?. We shared a chicken pasta dish. The chicken was just barely cooked and the dish was served luke warm when we got it. Just didn't hit the spot for us.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
INDIANAPOLIS, IN
“Everything perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Corner Wine Bar has been a Broad Ripple staple for years. It could pass for a small bistro in Europe, with dark woods and outside sidewalk seating. On this visit my spouse and I both ordered from the $19.95 prix fixe menu and we were both more than pleased with our selections. I had a 6 ounce filet that came with fingerling potatoes and asparagus. The steak was cooked properly to order and was sufficiently tender. My spouse had chicken breasts in a tarragon cream sauce that came with snow peas and a carrot souffle. While everything was delicious, the carrot souffle was the standout suprise of the evening. It was sweet enough to have served as dessert, and I don't even like carrot cake. The meals also came with tossed salads and desert. My spouse had cheesecake topped with caramel sauce and I had the ice box lime pie. The lime pie was like a whipped key lime pie with the perfect balance of tart and sweet...so good. Our server was prompt, efficient, and friendly. When I requested a side of chimichurri for my steak (I saw it listed for another menu item) he not only complied but relayed a question from the chef to confirm if I wanted the steak prepared as usual with butter. The service, the food, the ambiance, and the value all came together for one of the most pleaseing dinners out we've had in a long time. High recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Canaan, Connecticut
“A touch of NYC in Indy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had the feel of a unique NYC restaurant. Great local food in the trendy Broad Ripple neighborhood. While street parking has meters, they take credit cards. Nice outdoor seating area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food & wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This small Broad Ripple eatery has wonderful food & offers a good bottle of wine, chosen by the server, for $20. We requested red & told our server what we liked. She chose a great bottle of wine to compliment our meal. I ordered the Caesar salad with salmon & requested the salmon blackened. It was extraordinary.

Visited November 2012