“Mama Mia!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Tennessee
“Mama Mia!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This is by far, the best Italian food I have had. The atmosphere is lovely. There are several dining rooms which are not large, which makes for a more intimate experience. We started off with calamari and their garlic cheese bread. Everyone liked the calamari but the bread was to die for. It was delicious. My beef lasagna was by far the best I've had anywhere. The sauce was exceptional and the mozzarella was fantastic. My husband's loved his clam dish and our kids thought their meals were awsome, as well. I can't wait to go back to Indy to visit our son and his wife, so we can go back. I'd give it 10 stars if I could.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, IL
“Disppointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I really, really wanted to like Mama Carolla's b/c I love family-owned Italian restaurants, but we left feeling disappointed. Here's my quick summary:
- Pros: Rosemary Chicken Lasagna - this had great flavor combinations, and was a unique lasagna that my husband would definitely get again

- Cons:
- Misto Mare (pasta w/shrimp, scallops, clams, etc.) - my pasta dish was just okay, not great, but not horrible. I believe there were 3 medium-sized shrimp, 3 mussels and some bay scallops (small ones) so the portion was fine, but the flavors were a bit bland and I found a hair in my food about half-way through dinner. I should've said something to our server, but didn't see him come around for a while so we just decided to not worry about it.
- Italian Wedding Soup - I had soup before my entree and again, the soup was just okay, nothing special - rather bland - tasted like chicken broth with a few noodles and plain little meatballs.
- Atmosphere - they asked if we wanted to be outside which I was excited about b/c we saw the charming little patio in back, but then they took us out a side door and sat us on this "side patio" which was basically next to the driveway into the place and the road - it was not charming at all. It was loud and squished. They should not have tables here.

So overall, we left feeling disappointed and would not return when in Indy again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Zionsville, Indiana
“Goat Cheese Ravioli in Vodka Sauce - DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is the first time I have eaten here and it definitely will not be the last. We sat on the back patio and enjoyed a bottle of Riesling. It was fairly busy but after eating the food I understand why. We ordered the Bruscetta to start. Then he ordered the Veal Veal Saltimbocca and I ordered the special a Goat Cheese Ravioli in a Vodka Cream Sauce with a chicken breast and spinach over the top. It was amazingly delicious. I tend to never finish my food but I ate every bite of this entree. It was great!!! I will definitely be returning to this restaurant. It did not disappoint.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Muncie, Indiana
“Deliziozo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I loved the steamed mussels and the angel-hair pasta. The bread was delicious. Nothing here is disappointing. Service was awesome!! Very good for a date night or special occasion

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“2nd visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Yesterday was my second time and it was so great the first time I had to take friends this time. I had the chicken lasagna and it was incredible!!! we ate off of each other plates and so I tried the ravioli (made with a pesto sauce), the rosemary chicken, and another dish that was spicy and balsamic (can't remember the name). They were all fabulous! And the service was incredible!