“very enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Alexander

Save Saved
You added The Alexander to your Saves list
The Alexander
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 S. Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #2 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Asheville, North Carolina
“very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The staff from check-in to check-out were professional, helpful, courteous never have I experienced such a well traine staff. I have traveled the world for the past 40 years and have never experienced such a well trained staff.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Ed R.,

Wow, what a compliment! Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander. I am so excited to hear that you truly enjoyed the staff and that you felt they were the best trained staff in 40 years of traveling! It is comments like this that continue to drive our associates and managers to be the best. Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The Alexander looks and feels cool. The rooms are spacious. Everything feels modern. However, I go to Indy once a year for a convention and the hotel is just too far from the convention center. It isn't 2 miles a way, but probably .75 miles away and it is just annoying. It is very close to the sports arenas and would be an excellent choice if you need it for that purpose.

I also found it odd that the hotel wanted to charge me for basic toiletries. Most nicer hotels will you those for free. I was surprised. I asked for one and they tried to sell it to me at airport prices.

Free wifi, so that is nice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
cph327,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's overall look and feel, as well as the complimentary wifi service. We are about 6 blocks away from the Indianapolis Convention Center which would be about a 15 minute walk or a $5.00 cab ride. As for the additional amenities, we do offer some things complimentary, and other more upgraded amenities at a charge. I do apologize that we did not have what you were looking for during your visit this year, but do hope that you think of us if you are in the area for another event or leisure trip. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further suggestions or concerns.

michelle.dollens@dolce.com
317-624-8224
Oak Lawn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Best hotel I've stayed at in Indianapolis. Very accommodating & attentive.clean and modern,great food & liquor selections...took my girl here for a weekend getaway & she loved the place...also the valet is very nice as well. All around great experience

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jcfleming773,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an online review of The Alexander. I am so glad to hear that you and your guest enjoyed the hotel, food, and overall service. We certainly hope to see you back again soon!

Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Alexander, I thought was going to trump the J.W. Marriott and other hotels in Indy, but sadly, it wasn't special enough.

The positive is decor. It feels like an art gallery.

The issue is you have to go up the stairs or wait for ONE elevator to go to the lobby. People want to check in fast.

Other major issue was the overall staff attitude. Lisa in the Marketplace dining was the best, but others were not. Amber in front desk was very good. Very professional, cared about the customer.

Rooms were very spacious, clean, but the cleaning lady didn't clean the bathroom very good.

The drawers were dusty and dirty, and my clothes had to be cleaned again when I got home.

With so many options in Indy, I'll pass on the Alexander. Sadly, I didn't feel the quality and service that other hotels provided in the past.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Daniel C.,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I do sincerely apologize that the cleaning was not up to par and that the overall service was not satisfactory for you. I appreciate you mentioning two of our great staff members, Amber and Lisa. I have passed along your comments to them personally. I would love to talk to you about your experience, for I can assure you this is not typical of our service. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience via phone or email.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My stay at the Alexander as a great experience! I have never had such a great experience at a hotel. I highly recommend the Plat 99 bar. I was in town for a gaming convention and stopped in for a drink almost every night. Ask for Justin or Scott.

Chris K.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. It is so great to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Plat 99 is a great place to hang out each and every night, especially with this fall weather we have coming up. The atmosphere with firepits on the deck and the irresistable concoctions that our mixologists create, perfect night out! Thanks again and we do hope to have you back next year.

Shawnee, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you've ever wanted to share an overnight with friends in an art gallery, and be able to get artisan cocktails while lounging on a comfy sofa and sketching at the same time, this is the place. Huge rooms, amazing food, great drinks, and the nicest staff. The water and coffee service in the lobby made our stay several times as well. When you walk up out of the heat with sore feet and they have Strawberry Vanilla water waiting for you, the day just turns around.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Ruth L.,

"Coolest hotel in Indy!" We will certainly take that! Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your comments about the atmosphere and artisan waters provided. You painted a great mental picture with your review, and we always enjoy when people can take advantage of our inspiring, art laden environment. We do hope to see you again, sketching in our living room with a great cocktail designed just for you.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My friends and I booked a room at the Alexander while attending Gencon 2014. We wanted a hotel that was close enough to the convention centre but far enough away to allow us to escape the crowds. The Alexander delivered top notch service on all fronts - the staff were friendly and helpful, the common areas stylishly decorated and comfortable and the rooms well appointed and quiet.

We did have problems with the hotel wifi but weren't in our room enough to take it up with the hotel so it is possible that our problems were isolated ones. Bathroom in our room didn't really have any place to hang towels so tossing them on the floor was basically our only option. Breakfast in the Market Table was tasty if simple, and with the addition of a buy one get one coupon from the front desk was very reasonably priced with the very thoughtful option of a coffee to go provided as you leave.

The hotel certainly went out of their way to serve Gencon attendees, setting aside a gaming room for the duration of the convention and pouring the convention official beer 'Froth of Khan' in the Plat 99 lobby bar. The bar also features a balcony with fire features making for a comfortable place to relax albiet one without much of a view.

We would absolutely stay at the Alexander again, it is a reasonably expensive hotel when compared to my usual choices, but with inflated conference hotel rates across the city the extra money did translate to extra service and an excellent experience.

Room Tip: It seems that the wifi drops off the further from the elevator you go - we saw guests crouching in t...
Green Features: No towel bar in our bathroom meant we had to discard towels on the floor and not re-use them - it's nice to have the choice to be green.
ekkridon,

It was certainly our pleasure to be your hosted hotel for GenCon 2014. We do always love when this convention comes around. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the extra touches we provided for our guests. I will pass along your comments about the wifi to our IT technician to ensure that we are not having any failures. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, as our wireless network is typically very fast. Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander as you home away from home during the convention, and we would love to have you back again next year.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Been to The Alexander? Share your experiences!