“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Alexander

You added The Alexander to your Saves list
The Alexander
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 S. Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #3 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Modern, comfortable, filled with art along with all the amenities to make for a first class stay. Hotel is on the southeast corner of downtown, in a more industrial area that is being renovated. Rooms are spacious, bed firm but very comfortable, piles of down pillows, huge flat-screen TV with HD channels, modern, tasteful furnishings, lights on dimmers, super-modern bathroom with glass-walled, tiled shower. Nice touches like art in all the common areas, every day hot-weather refreshments in the lobby like fruit juice. The staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping staff greeted me each time I walked by and asked how I was enjoying my stay. Outstanding property, completely enjoyable, highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
James R.,

It was such a pleasure to read your review of The Alexander. I cannot thank you enough for your kind words and overall positive feedback for our staff and management team. It is reviews like this that keep us engaged and striving for even better service. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The staff at The Alexander were amazing! They attended to every need of our group in a quick and friendly manner. Since this is a fairly new hotel, everything was fresh, clean, and vibrant! The artwork was amazing!

Room Tip: The hotel has great view from upper level rooms. It is located near an industrial area and offers an...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Carolyn Y.,

Thank you so much for staying with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was attentive to your needs. We hope to have you back for another business meeting or for a leisure visit with us.

Elmwood Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was happy to choose this hotel. My room was one of the Deluxe California King room on the 6th floor. The big widow with a view of the city was amazing. The beds are very comfortable and this hotel is beauty inside and out. Amazing work of art everywhere. Love it!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Iris V.,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We certainly appreciate your feedback, and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to The Alexander. We are curated by the Indianapolis Museum of Art and will soon be featuring modern artists in a quarterly exhibit on property. We do hope to have you back with us again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was my first visit to Indy, and I chose Alexander based on the fact it it had good reviews and it wasn't one of the big chains, like Westin or Marriott. I had a very good experience and was very happy with my choice.
The parking is super easy- right next door, although one could valet park i suppose, which is more expensive. I am not sure how much the parking is per day because when I was coming in there was a ticket jam in the machine, so I called to the attendant by pressing a button and was let in without the ticket.
Checking into the hotel was a breeze too- easy and quick. The lobby is beautiful, very modern with very unique art, very airy. There is usually either coffee or a lemonade available (free) and newspapers (USA Today). My room was far from the elevators on the 4th floor, where the fitness center was also located (convenient- I used it the same day for a jog as it was very hot out). The room was clean, with modern decor, fluffy robes and slippers, lots of nice pillows and a great comfortable bed. The internet was free, which I loved too. The bathroom was well lit and clean. There was a conditioner, shampoo, 2 bars of soap and a vanity kit.
On one of the days we went to restaurant Cerulean located on the hotel floor- excellent local food and great wine list and craft cocktails.
Also, depending on how you book, you might get a free breakfast, which was served at the Market Basket cafe downstairs. It's a bit expensive but if you are getting included with the room, it's a great choice. Overall, an excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
swinka12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an extensive review of your stay with us. It is great to read that you enjoyed the water and coffee station in the lobby as well as the easy check in, and modern artwork. We do have some great packages that include breakfast or even valet parking if you get a Colts package for this upcoming season! Hopefully we will have the pleasure of serving you again on another visit to The Alexander.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Alexander was just the right place. We visited Indianapolis for a 3-day convention. The hotel was comfortable, trendy, and just right for our stay. Walking distance to stadiums and downtown. Love it!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Aceves8,

Thank you so much for staying with us for your convention. We are certainly glad to hear that you enjoyed the trendiness of the hotel. We do hope to provide our guests with a modern and inspiring atmosphere while they are visiting. It sounds like we hit the mark during your stay! We hope to see you back on your next visit to the downtown area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel was great! they where so friendly. We had breakfast there they ran out of fruit loops and the host, offered to go back and look for them! Not even her responsibility, but she noticed, and went. Everything was great!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Estella S.,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Alexander. It is always great to hear that an associate of ours made a personal impression on your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments and we hope to see you again in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at The Alexander as part of a wedding block for my cousins downtown wedding. When my husband arrived to check in our room was not ready. He needed to shower and change to prepare for the ceremony but was given no options on how to do this without a room! It was an hour+ after check in time. The staff was not helpful with this issue and we were not the only ones. When we returned from the wedding we had more issues steaming from the parking. It took us 20+ mins to get our car parked because the staff actually made the situation harder by not telling us the correct procedure. We ended up having a bartender from the hotel, that was leaving her shift, help us out more then the front desk staff. They just keep saying "I dont understand what you want me to do about it?" and at one point started making neagtive comments about my husband while I was standing within listening distance. There were other members of our party/family that didnt have rooms for one reason or another, even thought they were booked and confirmed as part of the block (that had 20+ rooms). No resolution was offered or mentioned, the staff Saturday night just made things worse. My family was upset and disappointed that they had trusted The Alexander to take care of their guests and will definately make sure none of our friends or family uses this hotel for a downtown wedding event again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Cari C.,

Thank you so much for your feedback and for speaking with me about these concerns. I again want to apologize for the lack of genuine service that you received while visiting us for your cousins wedding. We certainly look forward to having you back with us to show you the type of service that we strive for here at The Alexander. Feel free to contact me directly when you are looking to book, and I will make sure your entire stay is comfortable and effortless. I look forward to hearing from you.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Been to The Alexander? Share your experiences!