“Clean, comfortable, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Alexander

You added The Alexander to your Saves list
The Alexander
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 S. Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #4 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Clean, comfortable, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Loved staying here. The FD staff was friendly and knowledgable. The room was well appointed with super comfy beds. We were there on a busy weekend and the hotel bars were closed for private events. Also, I took a point off for service only because the valet were nice and eager to help but it wasn't a 5. Overall, terrific!

• Stayed July 2014
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
diana e.,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us here at The Alexander. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the overall decor of the hotel. Please feel free to contact me to discuss any suggestions of comments you have about the valet staff. We strive tp provide personalized service in every aspect of the hotel, so any comments would be appreciated. We do hope to see you again in the future.

michelle.dollens@dolce.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband surprised me with a night at the Alexander for my birthday. Everyone at the Alexander was happy to help in any way they could and then went beyond even that. When I walked in the man at the check-in desk promptly handed me a card from my husband. He also wished me happy birthday (after talking with my husband I found out it was a different person than who he had given the card to...perfect hand off). At the time, the hotel was hosting a huge NASCAR racing league, including Tony Stewart, for the Brickyard 400. Even with all of that going on, the staff never seemed harried and they made us feel just as important as if we were Tony Stewart. The hotel room was perfect with a handwritten note from the hotel staff and champagne and strawberries. The room was exceptional. Clean, modern, bright and beautifully decorated. (The artwork throughout the hotel was really cool.) The beds were extremely comfortable. Outside noise was non-existent. It was a perfect stay at the best hotel in Indianapolis. The restaurant on site, Cerulean, was also amazing. The chef prepared a custom 10 course dinner based on questions my husband answered about my tastes. The food was exceptional. Every course was beautiful and tasted even better. We loved our waiter...I wish I could remember his name. He was funny, friendly and the service was impeccable. I couldn't have asked for a better time. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer W.,

Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander to celebrate your birthday. Sounds like everything went perfectly! I am glad that we were able to help make it a great night for you and your husband. It was absolutely our pleasure to have you with us, and we do hope to see you again!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful, Artsy and Wonderful all around service. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Mobil One headquarters for the Brickyard 400. They did an awesome job transforming the hotel yet, not taking away from the classy atmosphere. We were all rooting for Tony Stewart!

• Stayed July 2014
Hapuna 1,

We certainly enjoyed hosting your group here at The Alexander. We love seeing the transition from normal Alexander to Mobil 1 Alexander! It is such a great event and it is absolutely our pleasure to be your host for the weekend. We hope to see you all again next year! Thank you for your raving review on TripAdvisor.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This new hotel has a very lean and clean look, with a modernistic style. The rooms was spacious and a little spare looking, but with a modern and user-friendly bathroom and nice shower. Staff were friendly, and bed was very comfortable. In-room Keurig coffeemaker a nice plus, free Wifi and reasonably priced make this a good value and comfortable stay. Walking distance to the Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Stadium and Lilly pharmaceuticals in a newly developing part of town, this is likely to grow in popularity over the years.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
hepadoc,

Thank you for staying with us! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. The area is still building up and they have just recently broken ground on a new 87,000 square foot YMCA, in addition to opening two new restaurant locations in the past 2 months. Next time you are in the area, hopefully you can stay with us again and enjoy some of great new spots!

Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently stayed at the Alexander hotel based on reviews in trip advisor and other sources and my families personal interests. The hotel is indeed a unique experience combining wonderful art with the hotel; the art work is all original and of very high quality and makes waking into each area of the hotel a wonderful experience. I would recommend walking the stairs top to bottom to catch all the art, especially at the elevator stops and the parking deck is filled with street art that looks like Banksy but is not, again you have to go up and down the entire garage or you will miss some wonderful art. The rooms were modern, spacious and comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Indianapolis and you can walk most anywhere.
I have a few concerns when I checked the room refrigerator their was left over food in it which made me question the cleaning skills of the staff. I also was surprised that parking was expensive for Indianapolis and the hotel gave no discount. I would however stay at this hotel again for the experience.

Room Tip: you might want to ask about view, we had a poor view but weren't really booking the hotel for th...
Green Features: This hotel is very environmentally friendly and had many innovative practices.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
karen a.,

It was a pleasure to have you here with us and we greatly appreciate your feedback about your stay. I happy so glad to hear that you enjoyed the look and all of the artwork throughout the property. The graffiti artist that took over our parking garage was Nick Walker, and he got his start in the Bristol graffiti scene in the early 1980's.

I do sincerely apologize for the cleanliness of the refrigerator. I can assure you this is not typical of our service, and I have passed along your comments to our Housekeeping Manager. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about your stay. I would be happy to speak with you personally.

michelle.dollens@dolce.com
Fort Wayne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Charming hotel, spacious 2-bedroom suite, great balcony, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms but tiny showers, functional kitchen, excellent 2d floor bar. Trip directions on hotel site are seriously misleading. No hair dryer; phone never worked. Not centrally located. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Johnine B.,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for providing your feedback about your visit. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Two-Bedroom Suite that you stayed in. They are great rooms for families or an extended stay apartment. I do apologize that there was not a hairdryer in your room as this is typically standard in each of our guest rooms. I have passed along your comments about the directions on our website in order to get that fixed promptly. If there is anything else I can personally assist you with, please do feel free to contact me at michelle.dollens@dolce.com.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was our first visit to Indianapolis and we were blown away by the friendliness and hospitality of the staff, as well as the artistic design aesthetic of this beautiful hotel. It is clearly part of a pedestrian-oriented sustainable redevelopment project that appears to be off to a fabulous start. I enjoyed my brief stay there and if/when I return to, or pass through, the area in the future I will definitely stay here.

Stayed July 2014
JSM958,

It was a pleasure to have you here with us as a guest. Thank you so much for your stellar feedback about the hotel and the Cityway project that is still underway in this area. We have opened two more retail locations and the YMCA is underway now! We can't wait to have you back so you can see the new locations in the area.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Been to The Alexander? Share your experiences!