“Great Place will definately come again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Alexander

You added The Alexander to your Saves list
The Alexander
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 S. Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #4 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Carrollton City, Ohio, United States
“Great Place will definately come again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Alexander two times. Once in October, the Second in December. Both times the rooms were clean, valet staff was courteous, and I had a great overall experience. The hotel is very contemporary and a really cool place to be. The rates are reasonable and I've also used their conference rooms for work. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: There are few rollaway beds, so ask ASAP if you want one!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Charles C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a 5 Star review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your continued business and positive comments about the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights for the Big 10 Football Championship. The hotel is a contemporary masterpiece...marble, polished stainless steel, modular seating areas, color and texture art pieces, clusters of colorful pendant light fixtures cover the bar's ceiling. Our standard room had two extremely comfortable queen beds (king bed not available) and spacious bathroom with a large glass walled shower. The housekeeping department keeps every area immaculate and sparkling! The weekend brunch has delicious selections for everyone. The front desk and valet service were gracious and helpful. Angie D, Michigan

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Angie D,

We certainly appreciate your business and your elequent comments about The Alexander. I was so excited to read your countless comments about the design, artwork, and cleanliness of the hotel. It was absolutely our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you back for your next visit to Indianapolis!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Recently stayed here for two nights of a business meeting, the hotel was beautiful and meeting room, break service and the meals were all amazing. I would recommend this hotel to others for meeting events as well as just a place to get away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Carolynk21,

It was a pleasure to have you here with us at The Alexander during your business trip to Indianapolis! We greatly appreciate your postive feedback about the hotel and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Stonington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I recently stayed at The Alexander while attending an industry event hosted by a major local corporation. I enjoyed, unexpectedly, my most pleasant domestic hotel experience in many years. The facility offers attention to quality and aesthetics superior to many high-end and more expensive hotels. The integration of design and artwork is cohesive; it captured my interest and curiosity. The dining experience and food quality was excellent, and the staff was very acommodating and curteous. Well done. I may not return to Indianapolis for quite some time, though this is where I will stay upon a return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Matt H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments online. It is our goal as a hotel to provide excellent service and an inspiring environment for people to meet. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience as well. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy!

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Alexander for a 2 night business trip. The hotel was beyond beautiful and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. I had reservations for Harry and Izzy's for dinner and the shuttle wasn't running so Jessica offered to drive me in the coporate car and just call her when I finished dinner and she picked me up. Oh....it get better.....This morinng I called for my car to be pulled around at 7am and received a call that my car had been toad from the valet area. Hmmmm, this was a new experience for them and me. Long story short Matthew Fuhrman with Elite went beyond what I expected. Took me to my office, picked me up with my luggage, drove me to the tow truck place, paid the ticket, put the luggage back in my car and.......Gave me a gift card to Ruth Chris Steak house. oh wait, i also followed him to the interstate to start my trip back home. FABULOUS Service all the way around. I will be staying there again in Jan. and I look forward to it.

Room Tip: 6th floor room was quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Valarie63,

What an interesting experience! Thank you so much for your understanding and patience in such an unexpected situation. I sincerely apologize that you had to go through all of the hassle of getting your vehicle back. I am glad to hear that Matt and Jessica were so helpful and accommodating for you. I can assure you this is not typical at all of The Alexander and we certainly used this as a learning experience. Please feel free to contact me directly when looking to book in the future. I would love to meet you and ensure that you have a flawless experience on your next visit to the hotel.

The Alexander, A Dolce
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have admired The Alexander since its opening earlier this year, and at last had a reason to stay. Our experience was fabulous! Our corner suite had an amazing view of the cityscape, including Lucas Oil Stadium and other landmarks. Every creature comfort was anticipated, we wanted for nothing. The staff was courteous extremely helpful, from the first encounter with the gentlemen at the valet parking, to a warm reception by the lobby desk staff, and from the housekeeping personnel to the Platt 99 Mixologists & Market Buffet Chefs and attentive waiters. The Alexander -- and Indianapolis in general -- was a very welcoming and friendly place. As adults, we appreciated the "grown-up" ambiance and the general absence of the fussiness of small children in the hotel. We took in many of the local sights, from the holiday lighting of the Monument Circle, to a Blue Ribbon Carriage ride, a visit to the 'Matisse Paints the Town' exhibit at the Indianapolis Museum of Art, and a creative culinary treat at Mesh on Mass Ave., to name a few, everything was spectacular. To add to our delight, after being out for the day, we returned to find the hotel was decked out in holiday splendor. What a treat! Our object was to depressurize from previous weeks of stress and our mission was absolutely accomplished.

Room Tip: Corner king suite has floor to ceiling windows with great views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AndrielsThoughts,

Thank you for visiting us at The Alexander and for taking the time to write a great 5 Star review on Trip Advisor! Sounds like you really did the full tour of downtown Indy and the hotel! What a fun trip to the city and to top it off with christmas lights upon return to the hotel. I was so glad to read your comments about each department of the hotel and how great of an experience they helped to provide for you. I do hope you enjoyed your holidays and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice now and not impressed. I know a lot of European colleagues like the hotel but I do not. Bar service is one of the slowest I have seen. I am here now and there are four people working and about fifteen people are here. It took 20 minutes to get a drink. I just don't get it. I have been here twice to stay and once for drinks and servers are not only slow but snotty. This ain't New York people.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jeanette49,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us again after your first trip. I do sincerely apologize for the flaws in service that you encountered with the bar and lack of bellmen available. I know that you have spoken with the bar manager, but I would love to hear your feedback personally. Please feel free to contact me at 317-624-8224.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Been to The Alexander? Share your experiences!