“Great place for a memorable event” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Alexander

You added The Alexander to your Saves list
The Alexander
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 S. Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #4 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great place for a memorable event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had the honor of attending my god son's wedding recently and I was so amazed with the hotel from the art to the personal greetings by thee employees ( Jessica at front desk), and things only got better! My stay was spectacular! There was a few particular things that set it off for me personally, such as their group of young ladies and gentleman that made it obvious that they loved there jobs. I was greeted by everyone with a smile and a simply "how are you?" When the wedding started there were two young gentleman that stole my heart (Bartenders Mack and justin). They took their jobs to the next level of customer service, although Very busy they made time for each individual. I highly recommend the Alexander hotel and will be telling friends and family about this place! :) Thanks Guys!

Stayed October 2013
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Howard_betty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rave about our staff at The Alexander! Congratulations to your god son! I hope they had a great time as well. I have passed along your comments to our staff, specifically highlighting Jessica, Mack and Justin for their stellar service and dedication to their craft. We strive to create memorable experiences for our guests, and our associates really show their passion through comments like these. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again for maybe a personal leisure trip or another special occasion.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Littleton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I booked this hotel through the marathin website. We wanted to be close to the start line/finish line. There is astounding art interspersed on the walls of the parking garage. Paintings of men painting, very cool! The outside of the hotel is unassuming, almost industrial looking, very clean exterior. Then you walk into a modern lobby, well lit, and your eyes are immediately taken to the colorful lights that are on the landing of the stairs. The check in desk is upstairs, a little confusing, different. The art on the walls is ecclectic, and the staff know what it is and why it's there, impressive. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever experienced in a hotel. We will definately stay there again when in Indianapolis, which is surprisingly asy to get around for a major city.

Room Tip: There was a wedding at thetime of our stay, and we heard a lot of high heels above us. Maybe stay on...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IrishGirlinWI,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 Star review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback about your experience. Congratulations on running the marathon and thank you for choosing The Alexander as your host hotel for the event. It was great to read your comments about our staff being knowledgeable about the artwork throughout the hotel, and also the impact that it had on your overall experience. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stay here almost weekly for business. By the way I am treated the entire time, I feel like I am really appreciated. Khadazeau in Guest Services is amazing. She is kind and thoughtful and is genuinely happy to see me! I always ask if she is working that day. Troy is great as well, as is Matthew in Valet. They know me by name. The rooms are top-notch and luxurious. Room service food is always great. The bath items are great quality as well. All around, I feel warmly welcomed every time I go. And Plat 99 has the BEST, most knowledgeable server, Jessie.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Christine C.,

Wow! Thank you so much for being such a dedicated traveler with us here at The Alexander. I was so happy to read your comments that our staff, especially Kadazejau, is there to welcome you and remembers your name each time you return. I have passed along your comments to Jesse and the Plat 99 manager as well. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor and help get the word out about The Alexander. We will see you soon!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I are from Indianapolis, and decided to stay at The Alexander for our one year anniversary. We had dined at Cerulean previously, and just walking through the hotel lobby made us want to stay there. I'm so glad we did! It is a beautiful, modern hotel with a ton of great art work all throughout. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, with plenty of room to stretch out. We had drinks at Plat 99 before dinner, and just watching the bartenders in action is an experience. The cocktail menu is impressive and the work that goes in to each drink shows. They are delicious!

When we arrived back to our room after dinner, we found a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries with a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary. We had only mentioned that it was our anniversary to a hotel employee that we shared an elevator with, who went out of her way to make sure it was special.

I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone visiting from out of town, or even for locals who are just looking for a nice night out. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mkgunn,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for spending your special occasion with us. I was so thrilled to read your 5 Star review on Trip Advisor highlighting our staff for recognizing your Anniversary. I'm glad we were able to create a memorable experience for the two of you. Thanks also for stopping by Plat 99 before your dinner. Our mixologists use their artistry to create the wonderful cocktails that you spoke about. One of our mixologists even painted all of our Plat 99 menus with eye-popping colorful, paint splatters. Art is in our DNA here at The Alexander!

Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you have another great year together.

Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at The Alexander immensely. The decor is modern and fresh. Quiet rooms, comfortable beds, and plush robes. Other than the near by church bells that sounded on the hour, we heard little in the way of noise. Rooms are spacious with kitchenette. We also loved that the room was "green" built. We will definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Palatine, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you are a fan of The W Hotel, you will love this place! Hip, sleek, cool. Great bar and bartenders. Had fabulous Brunch in restauarnt. Awesome staff accross the board. This one gets 5 Stars from me..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The room was very clean and bed was comfortable. There is so much art throughout this hotel. Very unique and interesting. It is very close to the Lucas Oil Stadium and other downtown interests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Alexander? Share your experiences!