“Cool Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Alexander

Save Saved
You added The Alexander to your Saves list
The Alexander
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 S. Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #2 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
“Cool Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a new hotel located blocks from Lucas Stadium. Very cool place and located near lots of great restaurants. Very cool artwork! Loved it. It's got a young hip vibe. We stayed here for three nights and it is a super place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Michael V, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Busyboyproductions,

Thank you for your review of The Alexander. I enjoy hearing you describe our hotel as a "Cool Place", We think so too! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the "cool artwork" and felt the "young hip vibe"! The Alexander is a great place to Work, Stay & Play! We look forward to your return visit and appreciate you selected our hotel during you visit to the Circle City.

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Cool, modern, nicely appointed hotel. Attentive, helpful staff. Interesting art everywhere. Very nice and new. Nespresso coffee makers in every room. Nice desk area and robes. Very comfortable bedding and great reading lights and other lighting.

Room Tip: I think they are all pretty good but mine did look out over rooftops so not good views.
Jan J,

Thank you for your review of The Alexander. I am so proud of the team’s service to your needs. I also appreciate knowing how you enjoyed your guest room amenities and our food outlets. I wish you good health and look forward to welcoming you back to The Alexander.

Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My stay at The Alexander was fantastic. The hotel is located very near to Eli Lilly and Company and within walking distance of the Colts and Pacers stadium/arena as well as to downtown Indianapolis. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I received a "Hello" everywhere I went. The sleeping room was very comfortable with a large bathroom and free WiFi. The hotel has ambiance, decor, and artwork throughout with an Indianapolis, Indiana theme. Each piece has a story. There is a relaxing bar area, Plat 99, off the main lobby. Plus, there are multiple restaurants in the hotel with excellent atmosphere and food. If you are looking to have a meeting, The Alexander offers very funcitional meeting space with high tech capabilities, including virtual meetings. If you are coming to Indianapolis, I highly recommend The Alexander as it is a MUST STAY.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael V, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
traveler1615,

We enjoyed reading your 5 Star Review of The Alexander on Trip Advisor. We enjoyed reading your review to our staff at our daily and weekly team meetings. You could sense the pride in every associate as we read your positive and kind words. We are so happy you enjoyed and appreciated the facilities, your guest room and the variety of art displayed through out the hotel.

We are proud of our team and it was our pleasure to serve you! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My first visit to the Alexander was amazing. The architecture, art, ambiance, staff, location and amenities were the best I have seen in Indianapolis. I have yet to book another hotel in the area with such class, sophistication, and fantastic restaurants and lounges. If you are there for lunch, you must hit either the hotel lounge or Cerulean on the first floor. Both have a great menu and the best drinks in town (mixology type spirits). I was amazed at the amount of time and effort it appeared that was spent on the finishes, technology and art decor within the hotel. Where I see most hotels try to cut corners on certain finishes, the Alexander did not. The staff was very accommodating and knowledgeable about the surrounding area attractions and "what to do" on a Wednesday night. I would definitely recommend the Alexander to anyone who will be staying in the Indianapolis area. Even if you are not staying overnight, you should check out the hotel and make sure to grab a bite to eat at one of the on-site restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Michael V, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dan R,

I look forward to seeing you again when traveling back to our area and thank you for your review of The Alexander. I appreciate your comments on the service you enjoyed from our team of hospitality professionals and that you enjoyed one of our uniquely different cocktails at our Plat 99 Mixology Bar. Art is in our DNA. We use it to create a unique sense of discovery and a place that inspires, intriques and stimulates our guests. We apprciate your feedback and thank you again sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I couldn't be more pleased with my recent stay at The Alexander. The hotel was clean and modern. I liked the attention to detail and the art displays. Definitely upscale. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The room was spacious with a great view of Lucas Oil stadium. Had a unique cocktail at Plat 99 (with the helpful suggestion of our server), then headed to Cerulean for another cocktail as well as a wide varitey of specialty appetizers. The location was well within walking distance to other downtown Indy locations, even on a cold February night. I would definitely recommend The Alexander.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Michael V, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
traveler1615,

It was our pleasure to read your review of your recent stay at The Alexander. Your positive comments in regards to our staff's service are excellent and please trust we will share these comments with our team. Your comments in regards to the comfort of our guest rooms, complimentary wifi and our meeting facilities is greatly appreciated. These are all features we carefully explored to ensure they would be of value to our guests while focusing on upscale hotel offerings. The goal is to be the choice of travelers when visiting the City of Indianapolis.

We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to the Circle City!

Warmest regards,

The Alexander - Dolce Hotel
Newark, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Alexander recently for three nights. The hotel staff was excellent in every way, the room beautiful, spacious, and quiet. This is a brand new hotel, decorated exquisitely, very nice restaurant, and free WiFi, unusual for a 4-star. Rate was very competitive with much lower rated downtown hotels. The only thing missing was a store to buy incidentals but apparently that is coming.

Bruce H,

Your review of The Alexander and our staff’s ability to provide courteous and helpful service makes me very proud. We are fortunate to have assembled a dedicated team of hospitality professionals, they are the reason The Alexander has been so successful since our opening on January 21, 2013. Thank you for your feedback which I will enjoy sharing with our team. I look forward to seeing you again when your travel back to our area.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Recent had the opportunity to stay at the Alexander Indy, it was a very newly opened hotel. it is fantastic in every respect. the staff in reception could not do enough to help me and the staff in the bar off reception was brilliant as was the tapas style food.. I recomend the Beef panini and also the pork belly slider and the scallops!
I have stayed in many places in the US and this place is one of the best I have stayed in yet. It is walking distance to the convention centre and just over the road to Lucas Stadium.
I didnt eat in the main restaurant but had breakfast there, once again the service was great as was the omlettes and maple saucages.
I have never filled in hotel questionaires or reviews on trip advisor but the quality of this place wwarraanted this!
I will be looking for more Alexander properties when I travel in the US again.
Quite surprise to read some of the other review, guess because it is so new they are still working the bugs out of it???

Room Tip: this is a fairly quiet part of town so all of the rooms would be OK
rod g,

It was great to read your review on Trip Advisor and please trust I will share and celebrate this with our team. We pride ourselves on providing the highest levels or service and product quality so thank you for your positive feedback. Our Mission - To create inspiring evironments which bring people together. Our brand values with Dolce Hotels & Resorts are Nourishment, Connectivity and Community so we are excited we met and exceeded your expectations.

When your travels bring you back to the Indianapolis area please let us know as we would love to serve you again.

The Alexander - A Dolce Hotel

Been to The Alexander? Share your experiences!