“Yum!!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Just opened in March of 2012
Avon, Indiana
“Yum!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Definitely a great BBQ spot! Always split with someone, the portions are big enough to be full! Also, get the fried pickles, and peach cobbler both excellent! If a group is dining get the family deal, way too much food for just 2 kids and 2 adults!

Visited September 2012

Indianapolis
“You call that a sandwich?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love barbeque and it has to be really bad for me to not like it. I have heard a few good things from my wife about City Barbeque so I decided to stop by for a quick lunch. Since I was on the run I just picked up a pulled pork sandwich. Like a previous reviewer I was dismayed with the size of the sandwich. I had to double check the menu to make sure I didn't order the child's portion by mistake. It was also a little dry with out much flavor. The price I paid for that sandwich I feel like I should have got 2 for that size. I won't disregard a restaurant completely because of one experience but I am hoping for better next time

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pikeville
“City Bar B Que A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The St Louis Ribs were excellent and for me the fresh cut fries were unbelievable. In todays restaurents most of them use frozen potatos far to much. The staff was extremly nice and were frequently checking on me.

Visited September 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“BEST Barbecue in the state of Indiana! Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We LOVE this place. My husband is an executive chef, and I know good barbecue. We've both had the best, and this place is as close as Indiana gets! It is mouthwatering delicious and consistently good ever time!

What I don't get are the negative reviews for this place or "average" and then the same people are raving about how much they love the AWFUL chain restaurant Famous Daves. That tells me one thing, those people DO NOT Know barbeque. Famous Daves food is horrible, the value is crappy, and they use pre-packaged everything.

City Barbeque smokes your meat with love, the portions are HUGE, and the food is amazing. We have been there time and time again and will continue to go back.

There is no choice when it comes to true barbecue! City BBQ is the place! They have 1.15 ribs on Tuesdays too! Yum!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Average~ at Best -”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nice looking place, but the BBQ was something you had to really 'chew on'. Some tasty good sauces but the bbq itself lacked that good down home smokey flavor.And the sandwich itself was TINY...! From NY, but Lived for years in Memphis-and this was nothing like what you could get at any local TN mom and pop or chain joint. Not bad→ if your northern taste bud's dont know what you're missing-

• Visited August 2012