“Tree Top Birthday Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

5901 Delong Road, Indianapolis, IN 46254-9797
+1 800-971-8271
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Tree Top Birthday Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Even tho I am scared of heights I chose to do this to get this off my bucket list and to prove to myself I could to this and have a great time. I must say if my 3 best friends were not with me, Traci, Chitra and Zac, I probably would not have done it. We all had such a good time with lots of laughs, spills, scares and fun. I am sure if we all could we would do this again in a minute. The best BIRTHDAY treat to myself ever, and I got to spend it with my friends who I know had a great time. Thank to "Jessica" our tour guide and the other staff memebers as they were so friendly and helpful. I hight receommend this to anyone and everyone who wants a "High" fun adventure.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“20th Wedding Anniversay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at Go Ape today. We love outdoor adventures but had never ziplined before. I'm OK with heights, but afraid of rope ladders (the way they sway back and forth). I had a great time but realized quickly that I need to work on my upper body strength :-) Virtually everyone in our group was an adult so we felt right at home, although most were younger than us. Wear old clothes because you will get dirty - zipline landings are soft, mulchbeds. We changed into our "anniversary" clothes in the restrooms after our adventure and were off to fine dining. What a great day.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great combination of high ropes adventure and zip line fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I was skeptical because I've done zip lines in much more exotic locations. But this was a great combo of high ropes fun, Tarzan swings, and really good zip lines. Surprisingly good. My 11 year old and 17 year old had a great time. And my wife and I were challenged and thrilled.

1 Thank JeanlovesJerry
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“If your considering GOING APE in Indy...Read this review.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

First off, I'm 51 years old and took my son for his 16th birthday. We are both physically active, healthy and in relatively average to above average physical shape for our respective age group. With that being said keep this in mind when considering to GO APE:

ALL participants should be in good enough shape to tie their own shoes and/or without feeling the need to catch their breath between doing the Right shoe and the Left one...

But seriously, it is a physical challenge and it will require you to be able to pull your own weight, literally. It will involve climbing rope ladders, walking across 2X6 boards hanging from ropes suspended about 30+ feet above the ground and you'll also fly down Zip lines at a high rate of speed with the only method of stopping being a bed of mulch used as a scrub brake on your backside.

If any of the above frightens you or you just don't feel like you have the physical capabilities to do these tasks, simply pass on the actual Course (and let those in your group enjoy it) and you can follow along on the ground taking pictures and offering encouragement to those "up in the trees". GO APE Indy has great trails that follow the courses through each and every station and offers great photo ops of the participants. PLUS, you won't feel like your dragging your group down by either taking too long to accomplish the tasks or by dropping out completely and losing your fee (along with any pride you may have left)

Got it? Ok, now that I've weeded out those who where either second guessing the activity or those who just simply thought this was like a ride at Disney Land. Believe me, IT'S NOT AN AMUSEMENT PARK RIDE! (It's better)

YOU are responsible for your own safety PLUS those underage participants you sign up.

This place is a BLAST! It is VERY NEW (summer of 2012 opening I believe), the course material (lumber, cables, ropes etc, etc) are in Great Shape, the Safety Equipment is outstanding and the Staff is super attentive and very knowledgable.

My son who is a pretty typical teenager (I know cause I've got 5 kids, 3 of whom are older than him) ENJOYED THIS A LOT. It challenged him both physically and mentally but at NO TIME was there any trepidation about moving on to the the next challenge (you can skip a challenge if you don't feel up to it). There are a few choices made while progressing through the course, you can choose going through an either moderately demanding skill set or a tougher route, again there is no requirement to do anything, you always have the option of "passing" on a particular task...but why would you?

The entire course is well maintained and monitored. Your equipment will protect you, if used properly. You will feel better about yourself when you complete this course. I guarantee it!

Bottom line (in my humble opinion)...don't miss out on doing this if you feel you can. Don't let my above ramblings scare you off.

**NOTE: you can sign up, get suited up w/safety harness and go through a ground level "sampler" task, if your fine with it, move on to the Main course...if not, take off your gear, go back to the Office trailer and get a Full Refund.

**i believe this to be company policy but call to confirm**

8 Thank BigDaddy45013
Dan D, Owner at Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thanks for the review!

Regarding our policy - we DO provide full refunds to anyone who goes through the training site and decides to not continue. We want to encourage everyone to live life adventurously, but we want our guests to be comfortable too.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Absolutely AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I took our grandson last Saturday, October 20, for his 12th birthday looking forward to zip-lining. WOW, it was so much more with rope ladders to climb to start each of the five stations. Each station included a number of different bridges to get from one tree platform to the next ending in a zip line to the ground to go to the next station. I felt really great being able to do this at 64! I was very tired by the end, but oh so pumped by the experience. We will definitely go back as a family again. My husband declined this time thinking it was just zip-lining, but after seeing the course he is anxious to go as well as our son and daughter-in-law. Can't wait to go back again. The whole course is so well done and a real challenge; definitely not for the faint of heart. Great adventure -- great job GO APE!