“Left without staying” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Suites at 14 West

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Indianapolis
The Suites at 14 West
You added The Suites at 14 West to your Saves list
14 W Maryland St, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Formerly Malibu Suites) (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #136 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, IN
“Left without staying”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

To start with I hate complaining and rarely do it, but this place was totally unacceptable. I stayed at the same place about 5 years ago and loved it, so I thought I knew what I was getting into when I booked. The booking process was easy and the people where nice. After checking in (which is at the restaurant FYI) I went to the room. The furniture was in desperate need of repair, and there was a window that was slightly open that wouldn't close. It was a rainy, cold October day, plus all the street noise was loud, so I decided to see if they had another room available. Also, knobs missing off light switches, the washer and dryer were rusting and venting into the room itself and instead of an ice machine there were ice trays, which were not filled. Hunting down the manager was a process but she did switch the room. Though the second room was better, it still had issues, mainly a dirty pillow, water marks on the ceiling, broken washer, only a few plates and dishes, broken shelf in kitchen, and still no ice maker, with only broken trays that needed filled. When I went to complain, I had to wait at least 10 mins to talk with the manager, and she initially seemed put out that I was bothering her yet again. After showing her the problems, she softened a little and offered to comp the room or help find me another hotel downtown. She said she could bring more dishes, they just don't normally leave dishes in the rooms, and hadn't anticipated anyone staying in that room. How was I supposed to know that? Apparently she didn't even look at the room before moving me to it, and didn't feel she needed to provide that information to me prior to me compaining. I left without staying. It's really a shame because with a little much needed maintenance, and better customer service this place would be great. It is a very convient location. You will have to pay for parking.

• Stayed October 2012

Families
Solo
Business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

A lot different than any place I have ever stayed. Really unique and private. Will never stay anywhere else! It's like your own apartment. Full kitchen, washer and dryer, and cooking tools. Weird to not have 24/7 room service

• Stayed August 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

One of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. Dirty panties and marijuana in the room for starters. Old food was left in the fridge along with dirty dishes. Called and complained over and over again. They never even offered to move our room. Asked to talk to manager and were told she was unavailable. No one could even get us extra blankets, pillows and towels.

• Stayed August 2011
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

Had a gift certificate I won in a golf outing. Wife made reservations. When we arrived, we sensed something wasn't quite right. After a brief delay, we were upgraded to the penthouse suite, which is beautiful. Went down to dinner after we dropped our bags and had a fantastic experience. The staff really knows how to take care of people - from the hostess to the bartender (who made a great wine recommendation) to our waitress. Everything was first class. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2004

The level of luxury provided by the Malibu Suites is unsurpassed in this town. I very much enjoy the privacy and security of the suites and the posh decor makes you feel like royalty. We stay here every year for our anniversary (4 years and counting) and have never been disappointed!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2003

Malibu Suites hotel is the best kept secret I have found since I moved here. They are beautiful, home like and private. If you come to Indy you have got to check them out! You will feel like a celebrity!

Been to The Suites at 14 West? Share your experiences!