“Nice hotel for business travel in city center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 East Market Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Downtown Shopping Package
Ranked #15 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Washington, DC, United States
“Nice hotel for business travel in city center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Convenient and pleasant hotel for business travel in the city center. Historical bank building designed by famous 19th century architects (including author Kurt Vonnegut's grandfather) is beautifully re-purposed and preserved.

397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Location: The location of the hotel is conveniently in the middle of Downtown, so navigation to places such as the Circle Center mall or Indiana Convention Center is extremely easy, whether you're here on holiday or for work. Lots of monuments and museums to see nearby as well. Staff: The concierge staff are helpful and polite. The restaurant staff are also super friendly. I was traveling alone and the breakfasts started my days on a good note. Room: My room was clean and quiet. WiFi is fast and reliable. I appreciated the iron and ironing board since I was on a business trip and had clothes to press. I was puzzled by the lack of toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom, but got them at the Pavilion Pantry on the first floor - for free even, using the $5 coupon provided with my keycards. Since there was nothing in my mini-bar I also used the coupon to get some food. Overall: Very pleasant experience. Would stay there again if I were back.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel is located steps from Monument Circle in downtown Indy. It's a great location, walkable to many attractions in Indy, including the Circle City mall (if you can find a pedestrian entrance!), Monument Circle and it's monument and cool architecture of the surrounding buildings, and the hip Massachusetts Av with bars and restaurants.

There is valet or self parking right next door at $17 a day.

There is also a free fitness center and indoor pool in the basement (which we did not use.)

The hotel itself is in a handsome old bank building with a spacious lobby with seating and fireplace, a 24-hour free coffee/tea station and a 24-hour small store with sundries, soda and snacks. There is a restaurant off the lobby, which we didn't visit.

The hotel rooms definitely needs an update from it's mid-80s neo-classical style, but that doesn't take away from the good-sized rooms, and functional, if not elegant bathrooms. The rooms have mini fridges, a small microwave, TV, coffee/tea maker and good closet and drawer space. Bath products and towels are of a good quality, and abundant, and there is good water pressure.

The bed was comfortable enough, though i could not get the advertised dial to make each side harder or softer to work.

Staff was pleasant and helpful, and quickly dealt with two very small issues (some trays left in the hall all day (gross); and a malfunctioning key-bard) cheerfully and apologetically.

I was impressed overall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice, quiet hotel close to Monument Circle. Great location, good value. All the amenities. The staff were friendly and helpful. I appreciated the free WIFI. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I really like how they kept the style of the old building but still modernized everything else inside. We had a pleasant, one night stay. Our double bed room was spacious with a nice bathroom and view. The front desk and breakfast personnel were helpful and friendly. Perfect location for walking anywhere in downtown Indy. $25 valet parking was on-par for downtown Indy. We have stayed at other Hilton properties in Indy but I think this is our new first choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here, the location is fantastic for getting around downtown. The staff was incredibly helpful and went out of their way for us. A couple small complaints and my reasons for not marking this as 5 stars, the cleanliness of the bathroom was an issue. There was a small amount of blood on the mirror and on the wall which was rather gross. The other issue was our room keys kept getting deactivated. We were in a large group and I'm wondering if that was part of the issue, but we were constantly having to go downstairs to have them reactivate our keys. Other than those two things, everything was great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Your comments are greatly appreciated. I admit recently we had challenges in the housekeeping department. We recently made some positive changes in that area, and I give you my guarantee these issues will be solved. The next time you stay with us please let me know (there will be no housekeeping issues).

Dallas, TX.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hilton Garden Inns are usually my preferred Hilton property but when I checked in late on the evening of March 25th I was surprised and disgusted to find the previous guest's stuff in the shower (see photo). While this was bad enough, I also found an ugly stain, from some unknown substance, on the bathroon door jam and a chipped glass on the bathroom counter. I had to wonder what else might have been neglected.
In all fairness, the General Manager and Sales Director responded quickly with apologetic emails including a number of excuses and defending the reputation of this property. Also, there was promise to credit my account with a number of points for my trouble which, to date, has not happened. I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown, just a couple blocks away, and will stay there again when I return as it was impeccably clean. I won't be staying at this HGI again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
The Hilton Garden Inn prioritizes guests safety, security and health. We excel in these areas, and it shows as we are one of the top performing hotel in our region for service. To achieve this we understand that that we are not perfect and mistakes occur. When a issues arises we make no excuses we “Make it Right” We always honor our promise that is how we are able to achieve out high customer retention making us number one in our market.

My staff and I have apologized for the issue along with “Making it Right”. Your points will be awarded it just takes a little time to post.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!