“very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown

You added Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 East Market Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #18 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Wisconsin
“very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn the night before a Colts game. The building was once an old savings and loans so has been remodeled but kept much of its original historic charm. We used the valet parking (which we never do) because we had a bunch of packages in the car we didn't want to drag in and out. The valet assured us the parking area was locked and the car would be safe. When we checked out they stored our other belongings in a locked and secure area while we were at the game. It was wonderful when we got back to the hotel, picked up our belongings and car and everything was just as we had left it. The valet service was wonderful. The room was very nice, linens clean, had to call down for another towel as there were four of us and only three towels, was delivered within 15 minutes or so. The beds were a little too firm for me-no give, but that is personal preference. The room was quiet (12th floor) The location is great. Walking distance to restaurants and Lucas stadium. The breakfast included in the morning was outstanding. A lot of choices and could even order omelets, pancakes, french toast. All in all and very nice stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
indyilinds, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thanks for your review! Tip for next time: the beds are adjustable between firm and soft using air chambers inside the bed. It's the Hilton Garden Inn's Garden Sleep System. We have a display at the Front Desk explaining the process. So next time you can deflate the air chambers a little to get a softer sleep!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is located just off the monument circle. Its a perfect location for walking to businesses, shopping and restaurants. I think it might be one of the best locations in the city. My room was large and had a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and well maintained. It was nice and quiet for sleeping! Although I didn't actually use the restaurant, there is a full service restaurant serving all meals and a small bar in the lobby. There is free coffee and tea in the main lobby that I enjoyed each morning before my workout. The workout facility was clean and included updated machines - although there was only one elliptical machine, which seems to be the most popular piece of equipment, there were two treadmills, a cycle and free weights. There is also a small pool and hot tub, which appeared clean and well-maintained. The staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. I always felt welcomed when I came back from work each evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will stay here again when working in Indianapolis. The only minor nitpick would be that the elevators seemed to be a bit slow in the mornings - only in the mornings - which I guess is due to the popularity of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
indyilinds, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for writing. I am glad you had a great stay at our great location! The elevators can be a little slow at a certain time during the morning and in the afternoon when our amazing housekeeping staff is going up and down to clean the rooms. The architects didn't put in a service elevator when the building was constructed nearly 100 years ago. We hope you will come back to see us soon!
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had a good experience at the HGI. I had business at the Chase Tower and the HGI was right there, and a block from Monument Circle. There are a number of good restaurants nearby. The building itself is an old converted bank, and the architectural details are interesting.

The staff was great. There was always someone at the front door to let me in and say hello. The front desk staff always had a smile for me. When I checked in, they noted that I had requested a quiet room and changed my room to one away from the elevator, without asking. the double room I was given had a nice view of the monument in Monument Circle. The breakfast buffet was pretty good and included sausage gravy and biscuits along with eggs and bacon. When I went to the bar one evening, the bartender didn't skimp on the drinks she poured.

The fitness center is a bit lacking and cramped, tucked away in the basement. That may not matter to many people, but I prefer a large fitness room with lots of room to spread out, with good AV equipment to entertain while I'm on the stationary bike

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
indyilinds, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are happy you had a pleasant experience with our hotel and staff! Our fitness center is on the lower level, next to the indoor pool and hot tub. Although a little smaller than ideal, it has been completely renovated to include Precor fitness equipment with TVs and there is also a TV in the room for those not using the equipment with screens. I hope you come back to visit us soon!
Plattekill, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hotel was in the center of everything. Great Location. If you are into spanish crusine must try Tata's Cuban Restarunt. Take a walk of Veterans Park, lots to see. The staff are very helpful.
The rooms was very nice and comfortable. Room had a refrigirator and microwave which is always a welcome addition to any hotel room.

Room Tip: Great location in the center of everything.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We hope you will request our hotel if you stay for the other AL conventions during the year.
Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Overall we were pleased with the hotel. The staff were friendly, the room was nice and the location was great! My only complaint is that even though we had reserved a King room and arrived at 4:30pm we were told there were no King rooms available. I expressed my displeasure and was told there was a handicapped accessible room that was available. I don't understand how there was not a room for us when we had reserved a room!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
indyilinds, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thanks for posting and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I apologize for the inconvenience in your room type. Although I do not have the details of your specific reservation, what sometimes happens is a guest may stay over or a Hilton Diamond VIP books a last minute room (part of the perks of being a Hilton HHonors member) and we become overbooked on a particular room type. This forces hotels to balance room types and we do our best to minimize the inconvenience to our guests. I hope you found your accommodations clean and comfortable nonetheless. We hope to see you again soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The staff at this hotel is one of the best I have ever experienced they want to help you in any way possible. The location can not be beat you are on the circle and right in the middle of everything Indy has to offer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you! I'll be sure to pass your comments along to our staff with a pat on the back!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the ideal location for our recent weekend trip to Indy for a concert at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. We were within brief walking distance of shopping, restaurants, the concert venue, and more (including Scotty's Brewhouse which has a wonderful outdoor lounge area that's ideal for a breezy summer night). The hotel itself is an older building, but they've done a nice job of updating and giving it a modern look. Our king room on one of the upper floors was spacious, very clean, and nicely furnished. The beds had an adjustable firmness feature, which was nice. We had an in-room microwave and refrigerator. There were no noise issues. Parking was across the street, and we paid $10 (I think the hotel website says $18?). We had a pleasant experience, and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you had a great Indy experience and were happy with our hotel and staff! Yes, our website says $18 for self-parking but that includes unlimited in and out privileges. Our guests may opt to pay the garage directly for (currently) $10 per night but there are no in and out privileges with that. A great tip for those who do not need to use their car since downtown is so walkable!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!