“Could be better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #125 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Rochester, NY
“Could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The motel seems a little tired. The tub is pulling away from the wall. The shower water pressure is weak. The lobby is bare, but the staff tries hard. It's soft water and I don't like that. The room is clean but small. It's hard to negotiate.
This place just needs to be spruced up and the staff needs to be more professional.
The sign on the pole is hard to see from the road, The building in front of the motel hides the sign and the motel.

Room Tip: I think the place is under new management. Give it a couple of months to get everything under contro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ron G, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this review, December 5, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The service here is always excellent. Okay the rooms are not the Ritz, but if are looking for clean room at great price for the area look no more. #1 test if I can get to sleep and sleep good and there are no extra unwanted guest like bugs of any kind then I will stay and keep coming back. My room was clean and did not smell. Some rooms have been converted from smoking to nonsmoking new law in IN. I am sure if talk with someone they would let you change rooms. Remember you pay for what you get. I slept like log and there were no bugs. I would recommend to family and friends and I do plan on coming back. Do not forget Waffle House is right next door for 24the hour food. Hard to find in a truckers world. They do have truck parking. Hope this help you get past the bad reviews.

• Stayed September 2013
Ron G, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
We are very pleased to hear about your stay at our hotel. We hope we can provide the same qualities for you in the future.
Columbus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

shower did not drain, hot/cold mixed up, no plug for alarm, toilet did not flush
light bulbs had to be replaced, refrigerator dirty, tv did not work, had to change rooms

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Ron G, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We hope next time your experience is a better one. If there is any other problem in the future-I will personally handle it. Ron
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My first impression wasn't bad, the room was large, we got the options we wanted and everything seemed clean apart from a little dust. I was slightly upset that the A/C had been left off and in August that meant the room was stuffy and breathless. The A/C turned out to be slightly undersized for the room and it was quite late before the room cooled down enough to be comfortable. We were out all the next day and when we returned the room had been cleaned and tidied, but the A/C had been turned off again.This happened every single day. The cleaner they use is strongly scented and in the enclosed hot room it was very strong and irritated my allergies. I also found the mattress unbelievably hard, even for a discount hotel. On the last night the fire detector battery ran low and set the thing beeping loudly at exactly 1:15 AM. The room hadn't cooled off enough to sleep until near midnight, the mattress made it difficult to get comfortable, and once I did get to sleep I was jerked awake by this ear piercing sound. The attendant at the desk did answer right away and came out with a battery to stop the beeping, but really? We drove home foggy, achy and irritable. I have stayed at Super 8 before and never had a problem, but I will not be utilizing this one again even though I visit the area often.

Room Tip: If you go during the summer guard the A/C or tell them not to clean your room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ron G, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We hope next time your experience is a better one. I wish you had requested for not to turn off your AC. If you give us another chance in the future I will personally handle it. Ron

Been to Super 8 Indianapolis? Share your experiences!