“Friendly staff, clean property.” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #24 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Friendly staff, clean property.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed for a full month with our cat! We could not believe the welcoming and accommodating staff members who responded positively to any request and/or need. The food served in the lobby was just icing on the cake. Even the cat was happy!

Room Tip: We stayed on main level, near the outdoor patio with fire pit. It was a good location.
Green Features: This property has an environmentally friendly practice in writing as well as tent signs in the room to encourage sustainability.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello Jewelsees,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our property! It is wonderful to hear that you felt so welcomed by our staff members, and that their assistance during your stay was appreciated. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff, and also let our breakfast and evening social staff know that the food was a hit! We would be happy to have both your husband and yourself back in the future, not to mention your furry companion. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
FANCY FARM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here for an out of state wedding. Everyone was so nice. The breakfast was very good with many choices. The coffee was excellent. The room was nice and clean. We really enjoyed our stay. we would stay there again.

Room Tip: we were on the second floor on the east side, it was great.
Green Features: excellent environmental practices. If you want new towels leave them on the floor. The sheets are not changed daily unless needed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello Lyndia E,

I wanted to thank you for offering your feedback from your most recent stay with our property. I am very glad to hear that during your time here for the wedding, the hotel accommodations and service helped provide a great experience.

Thank you so much for your review and we will be looking forward to seeing you again if and when you travel through Indianapolis in the future! Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Arrived at Hotel late at night due to flight delay and was greeted by Shelly - she was so caring and helpful. She took care of all my needs and even supplied me with a cellphone charger :) While the hotel could use some updating in the rooms - having a full kitchen was key to my 2 week stay for business. Staff were always polite. At times there did appear to be some disorganization at the front desk, but there was always a smile. Overall this is a 3 star hotel - only because it would be hard for it to compete with the JW Marriott Downtown :) (which does not have a full kitchen and double the cost).

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hello N P,

I am extremely happy to hear that Shelly’s check-in experience with you went so well. We are very fortunate to have staff that go the extra mile to make a guest’s experience one that is remembered well.

I really appreciate your feedback on our room design and desk operations as well. I would love to hear more about both so that we can appropriately grow our hotel. Having just finished a room renovation in 2013, much our room design is new, as are many of the items. Your input would be very valuable to me to help us improve where we can.

I would encourage you to reach out to me either by phone at (317) 275-6000 or by email at ri.indws.gm@marriott.com. Once again, I am happy to hear that your stay was one that was memorable and I appreciate any further feedback you could supply to me directly.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Clogged up shower, and generally a weird "dusty" feel to the room. The woman who checked us in was friendly, and brings the rating from 1 star to 2. All of the other staff members were disorganized, and it was extremely difficult to get help checking out, (even though there were no other customers aside from myself at the front desk at the time.) The front desk was completely deserted in the afternoon, which was odd. After a couple, "hello?"s there was no response. After loudly asking if anyone was available very irritably, employees quickly came out from the back office. I think it was unprofessional to wait until I was distinctly annoyed for the employees to feel like they could be bothered to speak to me and do their jobs. We were also harassed and then followed by an obscenely drunk man who was also staying at the hotel, but I do not blame the hotel for that, as I suppose that kind of thing could happen most anywhere. It was just unpleasant. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hello Christine Y,
Thank you very much for leaving your feedback from your most recent stay. Your feedback will assist in us growing as a hotel. I am sorry to hear that your experience with our staff and property were not as pleasant as they should have been. Your concerns over the staff organization, responsiveness, and the feeling of the room during your stay will be addressed. I have always had the opinion that in hospitality you must be hospitable, and I’m glad to hear that your check-in experience afforded you this among the other experiences during your stay.

It is unfortunate to hear about the other guest that had followed you around as well. We always want a safe environment for our guests, and if we see this happening, we like to address it immediately to prevent uncomfortable experiences.

Once again Christine, I truly appreciate the information you’ve provided to me regarding your stay. We will be addressing each item. Please feel free to contact me at (317) 275-6000 directly if you have anything further that I can be of assistance with regarding your stay. Thank you.
Naperville, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were in town for a Volleyball tournament. Really liked this hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Everything was very clean. Play was nice and they had a outdoor basketball/tennis court. Pool and hot tub was also very nice. Had plenty of choices in the free breakfast. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great place to stay when you need a little more room. We were traveling with an infant and it was SO nice to have the kitchen and the living room area so that we could spread out when he was up during the night. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was great--comfortable beds (even the sleeper sofa wasn't bad for what it was), very clean. I cannot fail to mention the front desk staff--the were consistently pleasant and helpful. Especially when we arrived at almost midnight--the front desk clerk was cheerful and efficient--what a treat for tired travelers! The breakfast was pretty typical for a breakfast buffet, but it was hot (and cold when appropriate) and still well stocked when we got there almost at the end of their serving time. Again, the staff was pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: The suites are down at the end of a long hall, so if you are disabled, be prepared for a hike
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this property. The staff is super friendly and professional. Rooms are clean and well decorated. The morning breakfast is tasty and well stocked. The evening socials are an added bonus. There are several places to eat within in a shirt drive as well as shopping.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!