“So nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
FANCY FARM
“So nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here for an out of state wedding. Everyone was so nice. The breakfast was very good with many choices. The coffee was excellent. The room was nice and clean. We really enjoyed our stay. we would stay there again.

Room Tip: we were on the second floor on the east side, it was great.
Green Features: excellent environmental practices. If you want new towels leave them on the floor. The sheets are not changed daily unless needed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello Lyndia E,

I wanted to thank you for offering your feedback from your most recent stay with our property. I am very glad to hear that during your time here for the wedding, the hotel accommodations and service helped provide a great experience.

Thank you so much for your review and we will be looking forward to seeing you again if and when you travel through Indianapolis in the future! Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Arrived at Hotel late at night due to flight delay and was greeted by Shelly - she was so caring and helpful. She took care of all my needs and even supplied me with a cellphone charger :) While the hotel could use some updating in the rooms - having a full kitchen was key to my 2 week stay for business. Staff were always polite. At times there did appear to be some disorganization at the front desk, but there was always a smile. Overall this is a 3 star hotel - only because it would be hard for it to compete with the JW Marriott Downtown :) (which does not have a full kitchen and double the cost).

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hello N P,

I am extremely happy to hear that Shelly’s check-in experience with you went so well. We are very fortunate to have staff that go the extra mile to make a guest’s experience one that is remembered well.

I really appreciate your feedback on our room design and desk operations as well. I would love to hear more about both so that we can appropriately grow our hotel. Having just finished a room renovation in 2013, much our room design is new, as are many of the items. Your input would be very valuable to me to help us improve where we can.

I would encourage you to reach out to me either by phone at (317) 275-6000 or by email at ri.indws.gm@marriott.com. Once again, I am happy to hear that your stay was one that was memorable and I appreciate any further feedback you could supply to me directly.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Clogged up shower, and generally a weird "dusty" feel to the room. The woman who checked us in was friendly, and brings the rating from 1 star to 2. All of the other staff members were disorganized, and it was extremely difficult to get help checking out, (even though there were no other customers aside from myself at the front desk at the time.) The front desk was completely deserted in the afternoon, which was odd. After a couple, "hello?"s there was no response. After loudly asking if anyone was available very irritably, employees quickly came out from the back office. I think it was unprofessional to wait until I was distinctly annoyed for the employees to feel like they could be bothered to speak to me and do their jobs. We were also harassed and then followed by an obscenely drunk man who was also staying at the hotel, but I do not blame the hotel for that, as I suppose that kind of thing could happen most anywhere. It was just unpleasant. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hello Christine Y,
Thank you very much for leaving your feedback from your most recent stay. Your feedback will assist in us growing as a hotel. I am sorry to hear that your experience with our staff and property were not as pleasant as they should have been. Your concerns over the staff organization, responsiveness, and the feeling of the room during your stay will be addressed. I have always had the opinion that in hospitality you must be hospitable, and I’m glad to hear that your check-in experience afforded you this among the other experiences during your stay.

It is unfortunate to hear about the other guest that had followed you around as well. We always want a safe environment for our guests, and if we see this happening, we like to address it immediately to prevent uncomfortable experiences.

Once again Christine, I truly appreciate the information you’ve provided to me regarding your stay. We will be addressing each item. Please feel free to contact me at (317) 275-6000 directly if you have anything further that I can be of assistance with regarding your stay. Thank you.
Naperville, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were in town for a Volleyball tournament. Really liked this hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Everything was very clean. Play was nice and they had a outdoor basketball/tennis court. Pool and hot tub was also very nice. Had plenty of choices in the free breakfast. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great place to stay when you need a little more room. We were traveling with an infant and it was SO nice to have the kitchen and the living room area so that we could spread out when he was up during the night. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was great--comfortable beds (even the sleeper sofa wasn't bad for what it was), very clean. I cannot fail to mention the front desk staff--the were consistently pleasant and helpful. Especially when we arrived at almost midnight--the front desk clerk was cheerful and efficient--what a treat for tired travelers! The breakfast was pretty typical for a breakfast buffet, but it was hot (and cold when appropriate) and still well stocked when we got there almost at the end of their serving time. Again, the staff was pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: The suites are down at the end of a long hall, so if you are disabled, be prepared for a hike
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this property. The staff is super friendly and professional. Rooms are clean and well decorated. The morning breakfast is tasty and well stocked. The evening socials are an added bonus. There are several places to eat within in a shirt drive as well as shopping.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here last week (April 28 – May 1) and had a wonderful stay. We had a 2 room suite that was extremely clean and spacious. Upon entering room, there was a pleasant smell that wasn't of cleaning products. Everything in the kitchen was well stocked, clean, and ready for use. Dish detergent was provided, so you could clean dishes beforehand and afterward. The beds were comfortable enough for the three nights we were there (we have an icomfort at home, so it's hard to be as comfortable as we normally are), and the pillows did not leave us with sore necks even though they are not super firm. The air conditioning is not a wall/window unit and has a thermostat in the wall just as you would at home. The in-room climate was very well controlled and comfortable. The hotel is right off of the interstate, but we never heard a sound while in our room. Our daughter has extremely sensitive hearing and never woke up once throughout the night. We were on the 3rd floor furthest from the interstate, but I never heard traffic while in any part of the hotel. The swimming pool was a great delight for ourselves and our children, and it was an added bonus to have extra flotation devices on hand. The hot tub was clean and relaxing and towels were plentiful. The reception dinner Monday-Thursday was exceptional. The first night consisted of beef stroganoff, steamed vegetables, salad, rolls, drinks (including beer and wine) and dessert. The following night included appetizers (with the most delicious pinwheel sandwich bites), and the third night we were there consisted of hot dogs and brats (we did not have anything this night). It was all delicious, and the dinner hostess was incredibly kind and on top of any and all requests. You really couldn't ask for a better dinner social.

We did have a very small issue on the second day that was taken care of very promptly, and we were extremely appreciative of not only the response time but the attitude toward the report of the issue. A personal note written by the general manager was left in the room with a follow-up which really impressed us. No further issues arose, and we were extremely satisfied with our stay.

I had written a previous review that went into great detail about the aftermath of some items that we had accidentally left behind. I deleted that review in order to update and provide more information.
We had left some camera gear and our camcorder behind in a dresser drawer and did not realize it until 4 days later. Upon first contacting the hotel, I was quickly transferred to housekeeping who is responsible for lost/left behind items. There was no answer, so I left a message that was never responded to. My husband and father (who was also staying with us) got in contact with the hotel shortly after my initial call. Mixed information was given, and it resulted in me not having the proper information to base my initial review.

My husband was informed that no one had been in the room since our departure nor had it been cleaned. We were extremely happy to hear this as we knew that meant our items would still be in the room. Unfortunately, once the room had been checked by housekeeping, the items were gone. With the initial information given, we were only able to come to the conclusion that someone in housekeeping must have taken the items as no one else had been in the room.

My father’s call resulted in more information. Apparently someone with the same name as myself stayed in our room immediately after us. Because of the similar name, it was assumed I was the later resident of the room which explains why no one had been in the room to begin with. This, of course, leaves the opportunity for whoever booked the room after our family to take what items we had very unfortunately left behind.

The general manager, Bryan, has been in close contact with my father. He would be in close contact with me (my father has stated this), but my father informed him I was extremely distraught over the situation and perhaps not in the best place to discuss the issue. There were, after all, very intimate videos of my children and their births on the camcorder that cannot be replaced. I do, however, give incredible credit to Bryan for staying on top of things and informing my father that he is doing everything in his power to find a positive outcome.

I must add that I am fully aware that the hotel is not responsible for any item I have left behind. It was just unfortunate that we were initially given misinformation by someone who mistook me for someone else. It is a little bit comforting to know that the general manager deeply cares about my situation even though it is purely my fault (which he has never stated it is my fault).
With this extra information, I must recommend this as a wonderful place to stay. While I am still not certain if housekeeping or another guest took my items, I am still rating this hotel as a high quality accommodation for your budget. Despite the unfortunate circumstances, we will seek to stay here again once in the Indianapolis area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!