“Better than last time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   410 South Missouri Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Wayne, Michigan
“Better than last time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had stayed here last year, but had some problems. Being the nice guy that I am, I gave it another shot. Things have improved. The staff is very friendly. They were doing some remodeling outside, as well as fixing the roof, so they are trying to keep up with things. Pool area was clean this time.

I had an upgraded room which was nice. It was clear and had a good view of downtown Indianapolis. You couldn't really hear the street noise so sleeping was easy.

There are still a few problems. The spa and printer in the business center were out of order. I didn't ask when or for how long, but they at least had a note saying this. Breakfast was good, however I was surprised there were no bananas. This may be the first HI Express I have stayed in without them. It's a staple breakfast item. The TV selection is also mediocre. Not even all of the locals are carried, and they need a few more sports options. The water pressure is weak, and the bathroom exhaust fan did not clear the steam off of the mirrors.

I will be back in town next year and will probably stay here. Hopefully they will iron out the kinks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for noticing all the improvements we have been working on. We have made many improvements this year--new hallway carpeting, new lobby furniture, completely renovated pool area. Once we finish the new brick pavers at the front entrance, our projects for this year will be complete. It is important for us to maintain and improve our facility.

I am sorry that the spa was not available to you during your stay with us. We had to make a repair to the bottom surface but it is complete and the spa is available to our guests. We also had the printer in the business center checked and it is working well also. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this caused you.

Lastly, I am sorry that we were out of bananas. Please be assured that this is an item that we normally offer every day.

We are working with our television service provider to make sure we offer our guests a wide range of channels.

Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Berwick, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our stay here was the best. Our room was very clean with ample room. We had plenty of towels and the bathroom was very large and well lighted. The breakfast bar was great. There were lots of choices, hot and cold. Yogurt, fresh fruit,cereal,toast, bagels,eggs,... We have no complaints. We would definitely stat here again

• Stayed April 2014
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your compliments! Sounds like you experienced our Hoosier hospitality firsthand! We take great pride in offering our guests top notch service and accommodations! Glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! Please come back and see again!
Lake Station, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel brings so many good things to the table. The appearance is completely shined to a gloss, not a dirty spot to be found. I found my check in to be every bit as fast as a tired traveler would wish it to be and my room to be clean to all of my expectations. (Corners, doorways and mattress checked.) I enjoyed the pool area as it followed the motif of being spotless and the waters maintained perfectly. . .temperature as well as cleanliness. The staff I dealt with would be perfect for any vacation at any location - very helpful, very friendly, excellent ambassadors. I would be remiss not to mention the excellent quality of the breakfast. Every item was made to order fresh, a great thing to enjoy in your morning.
Saving the best for last, I would like to mention that we experienced a hotel emergency loss of power during my stay. For 19 hours I was able to frequently witness the hotel and staff bend over backwards to help all of their guests in any way they possibly could. From providing meals to communicating and networking guest needs, every detail was updated and addressed. An amazing job done under a high level of stress. Something I won't soon forget. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area as it is most definitely a well run machine.

Room Tip: Top floor is excellent!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your glowing review! Providing our guests with super clean accommodations and a friendly, helpful staff is what Holiday Inn Express is all about!

Thank you for your patience and understanding during our emergency. Our first concern was our guests and getting their needs taken care of. It is gratifying to know that your perception was that we handled a difficult situation well.

I will share your comments with our staff who went out of their way to assist our guests. Thank you.
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Overall it was ok, although I requested a king bed but got a twin room. It wasn't a big deal.
The hotel and it's rooms have a dated look to it. I was astonished at how much disposable utensils (cups, plates) were used for the guest rooms and the breakfast area.
The in-room free Wifi was a joke. The signal was very weak in my room that I had to stay downstairs at the lobby to use the internet.
The staff members are helpful when I asked them to do something, such as changing a $100 to smaller bills, or call a cab. But they are not ones who will go out of their ways to serve.
All-in-all, everything worked, but nothing was impressive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We appreciate your review and have noted your comments.. I am sorry that you had issues with the Wi-Fi. Please be assured that this is not typical of our hotel. We have 24 hours offsite support to help if we are unable to resolve this at the property.

While I realize the disposable items do not make an impressive presentation, our brand standards do put a strong emphasis on providing items that we are sure are 100% sanitary. Using a wrapped disposable item means peace of mind for our guests.

Providing a shuttle to the track is certainly an idea that we can consider for the future.

I have shared your customer service feedback with our staff and it will be used to help us improve! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope you will stay with us again!
River Forest, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel on race weekend. The hotel is directly across the street from Lucas Oil Stadium and would probably be a great location for a Colts game. It is not close to the restaurants / bars of downtown Indy -probably a 1 mile walk. The room was pretty standard. A/C worked well, beds were comfortable, bathroom was pretty good, noise level was low. There is a free hot breakfast, which was a nice touch. There is a "store" next to the reception desk open 24. We did not see the pool or fitness center. Overall a decent hotel, but I thought the price was too high (race weekend is a premium though).

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Our location adjacent to Lucas Oil Stadium is the best in Indy for Colts games. While we are not directly in the heart of downtown, it is only a short walk. Nearby Bankers Life Fieldhouse and Victory Field are close by as well. Our hotel shuttle which operates Tuesday through Saturday will transport guests to downtown locations for a nominal fee of $5.00 per room.

Guests love our complimentary hot breakfast featuring fresh pancakes, cereals, sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt, and more. Makes staying here a great value!

Our rooms are spacious and have comfortable beds! Which means our guests get a good night's sleep.

Our pool and hot tub are conveniently located on the first floor right next to our fitness center.

Thank you for your business. We appreciate it and hope that we will see you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

a nice hotel, close to downtown, stadium across the street, staff accommodating, breakfast was good, nice breakfast area, what you would expect of a holiday inn express. rooms was very nice. would stay again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
"Would stay again" says it all! That makes our day! Our goal is to have all of our guests feel this way about their stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express!
Concord, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on three previous occasions, but this stay was a disaster. The hotel needs a major clean up. The room that we got was equipped with a hot tub. The room above us was equipped with one as well. The people above us decided to use the hot tub at 11:30 at night. The sound of the water filling the tub was so loud that you could not sleep. Then the sound of the couple playing in the hot tub kept us up. Then when they finished, we had to hear the water drain for 30 minutes. All in all this hotel needs a major clean up and renovation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
I am so sorry that you were bothered by other guests. I do not know if there is a way to add soundproofing to this area so that noise does not carry over from one guest to another. Please be assured that this is not typical of our hotel. Also, if you would have called to the front desk and mentioned this to them, we would have gladly moved you to a quieter room. We want our guests to always get a good night's sleep.

On a happier note, I am glad that you rated our service 5 stars! Our staff trys to consistently deliver a positive guest experience.

We hope that you will come back and visit us again!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre? Share your experiences!