“Nice alternative to pricey downtown hotels.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre

You added Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   410 South Missouri Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #61 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice alternative to pricey downtown hotels.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for business because it was a cheaper alternative to the host hotel and other recommended options. Hotel was clean and updated and the staff was very pleasant. This was an economical business option. As stated by other reviewers, downtown bars and restaurants are about a 10 minute walk away. Location also had easy access to local running/biking trails which was nice. Breakfast was typical - nothing to get overly excited, about but functional. Enjoyed the Wed happy hour (beer and light snacks) which was a nice surprise after a run. Worst thing about my stay is that I was solicited for money by a shady local about 5 minutes after I arrived (and was still in my car).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for pointing out what a good value we are! And we are conveniently located to downtown restaurants and shopping as well as Lucas Oil Stadium and Victory Field. For those who enjoy walking, running, and biking, the canal just north of us is a great area for recreation. You will also find the IMAX Theatre, the Indiana State Museum, the Eiteljorg Museum, and the NCAA Hall of Champions there. If you did not get the opportunity to explore these places due to business on this trip, come back and check them out for vacation or weekend visit. Indianapolis is a very walkable city!

Thank you for choosing our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Okay....it's a nice property that is conveniently located, but for the price, it is not that good. The front desk/reservation team needs a significant upgrade. My reservations were confirmed twice the week previously to my arrival and yet when I arrived they insisted I had no room. 30 minutes to clear up and we found it under a different name; one that had been changed more than once! I don't know if it the reservation system or the people, but it was very irritating. I travel a lot and never have I had to go through so much at check-in. Oh, and the rooms are not even close to sound proof, so if you stay be prepared for the city sounds and the morning construction crew.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kelly T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I apologize for the problems you encountered locating your reservation. Our staff takes pride in providing excellent guest service. If you are willing to provide more information regarding your stay, it would give us the opporunity to correct the problem you had in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at 317-822-6400.

Kelly Tabeling
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you are in the downtown Indianapolis area, especially for a longer term stay, this is the place to go! Chelsea (ask for her) really helped me find the best deal for me in the area for the 8-9 weeks I was there. This place is also RIGHT next door to Lucas Oil stadium and about 2-3 blocks from bars and restaurants. The front desk staff was great, very friendly and made me feel right at home. They have a great breakfast in the morning, pool, gym, etc. The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are more than extremely comfortable- I was sleeping like a baby. They had drinks and snacks on wednesdays for guests, which was great. I will definitely be visiting this place again when I am in the Indianapolis area.

Room Tip: I had suites close to the corner for the most part and had zero issues!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My friends and I were in Indy for a girls weekend and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express downtown. Very, very clean and nice. The staff was wonderful. This hotel is located right across from Lucas Oil Stadium and also within walking distance to all the downtown nightlife, shopping, food, etc. Also the free breakfast was amazing...the biscuits and gravey were wonderful! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
So. Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here 1 nite on business.
+'s: Convenient to businesses & gov't offices downtown, across the street from Lucas Oil Stadium; appears to be a new hotel or newly remodeled; very clean & new. Nice size rooms.
-'s: Street noise - even though I was on 5th floor, I heard lots of traffic noise from street below.

Room Tip: Stay in King with sofa bed & side chair = good sized room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ottawa, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were in Indianapolis for business and stayed at this hotel. It is nice and close to downtown, shopping and restaurants. The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. The staff is great. It is right across the street from the Lucas Oil Stadium and down the road from the conference centre.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are flying in to Indy I would not suggest taking the bus from the airport. They don't let you off at the hotel but a block away and only after they drive you around the city letting everyone else off first.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kendallville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Holiday inn is located close to the convention center as well as Lucas Oil Stadium. The staff were friendly. The room and the hotel were clean. The room could have used some updating. The shower head was plugged up some, and one of the chairs in our room was broken. They were in the process of painting in the hallways while we were there. The breakfast was good. They have cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, eggs, ham, and a pancake machine. The pool area was not the best. It looked a lot older than the rest of the hotel. The hot tub was lukewarm. When we started the jets it sound like a jet taking off. The sound continued the entire time we were in the tub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear waltja02,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room furniture, pool and the hot tub. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre? Share your experiences!