“Sleepless in Indy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre

You added Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   410 South Missouri Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #61 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Sleepless in Indy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

The hotel laundry did not work properly (washer or dryer).

If you are staying on a Saturday night, be warned that you may not get to sleep before 2am. There is a night club on the back side of the building and I was not warned about the loud music. Had I known, I would have booked a room on the front side or stayed elsewhere. The hotel staff did not seem overly concerned nor did they offer to move me to another room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
North Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Hotel was perfect for attending the Colts game. Location for downtown was also very good. Rooms were nice and clean, water pressure in shower was great!!! Morning breakfast was normal for Holiday Inn, however the coffee was excellent. Staff was friendly, except for shuttle bus lady. Did not like the $5 charge to use the shuttle bus. Parking was $12 and lot is small. Over flow parking is in a near-by parking garage that we had to use 1 night. Rooms facing stadium may hear road noise, but we had no problem.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Indiana/KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice place. Right across from the Lucas Oil Stadium. The front desk called after we checked in to see if everything was ok - a really nice touch. Coffee pot in room and everything clean. We will stay again.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
East Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Although I reserved 2 rooms through their webservice for $97.99 plus tax/night. At checkout, they charged $107.99 plus tax/night. I had a printout of my reservation and showed the clerk, but she said she couldn't reverse it. I asked why they had hiked the price up, she didn't know. I ask, "Can I see a manager?" She says, Ms. E--- is away and left word not to be disturbed! I left my email for her to contact me, but she never did. Then I go to the Holiday Inn website and explain this to "Customer Care" and they never responded.

SO BIG WARNING: these people are liable to charge you more than they agree to in the reservation, and you will be at their mercy. Take my advice, unless you don't care how much they charge you when you check out, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This hotel is accross from the Colts stadium. it is downtown and close to everything.
The only issue I had with this hotel is 2 times I called before my scheduled date and verified if they were with in a block of conseco fieldhouse, i was told both times YES! and in fact NO they were not., they were 8-10 blocks from my concert. the hotel offered us a free shuttle to the event beacuse I was given wrong infomation. I felt this was a good fix. I dont know what else they could of done. I was very satisfied with this option and I tool them up on it. The hotel was nice and clean updated and the staff was very nice and considerate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

This hotel was in our price range and we got more than we expected. The complimentary breakfast was just what we needed to start the day. It was within walking distance of the centre circle mall and the bus to the airport was across the street. The staff were great. They let us check in early (7am) because we had just gotten off a plane from Sydney-LA and were exhausted! The room was comfortable and the bed and other room amentities were also good. The wired internet access was also great. Only downside was the noise. traffic in the morning was loud and there is a freight train that runs through the city so you can hear it from most areas.

Room Tip: Lots of optional amenities such as a laundry service. Big TV and a good heater/air con system in the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
St. Joseph, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Reserved the room through the 1-866 reservation line. Operator told me that they only had one HIE in all of Indianapolis. We drove by two on our way to this one!
Upon arrival there were four or five scantily clad young ladies sitting on the sidewalk drinking beer outside the front door. It was approximately 12:30 am. My daughter and I were informed that there was no parking near the hotel and that we had to park a block away. It would cost $12.00. My daughter had already unpacked the bags onto the rolling valet so I took the car to the garage myself. Not a great idea! Midnight and city alleyways was not very safe.
The night manager was not courteous at all. When I expressed my concerns about the parking situation he said, "You haven't competely checked in yet, you could go somplace elsse you know." I assured him that at 12:30 am I wasn't going to be looking for another hotel.
We arrived at our room which was clean, no complaints there but as we were opening the door a pack of teenagers in the bathing suits ran down the hallway screaming obscenities and nearly knocked us down. I assume that these creatures didn't get any sleep that night because every ten minutes or so they would return to our hallway, running, laughing, screaming and knocking on doors. I called the manager who said he couldn't control everyone in the hotel, but he would try to find them. Needless to say, they were smarter and much more energetic that he was and they continued to run rampant. My 17 yr old daughter went out into the hallway at 4:00 am and took care of the little hoodlums.
Did I forget to mention the poor screaming baby above us on the fourth floor? Poor kid must have been there by him or herself because no one could stop the crying...
After getting absolutely NO SLEEP, we check out at 6:30 am.
I personally checked out returning the keys with eye contact and was never asked about our stay or anything.. I would NOT recommend this particular HIE to anyone, ever.
I wrote to HOliday Inn to alret them to this problem, who sent my concerns on to the specific HIE's management... guess what? I haven't heard a thing. What did I expect? Somehow we have lost the whole concept of service business and what they really should be doing for their paying customers.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre? Share your experiences!