“I drove to see nothing!!” 2 of 5 stars

Type: State Parks
Activities: Birdwatching, Hiking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This 1700-acre park is chock-full of activities and history, housing a former World War II prisoner-of-war camp. Recreation includes fishing, bicycle trails, walking and jogging trails, horse trail rides and hayrides, picnicking and a nature center. Knowledgeable naturalists answer your questions and offer guided hikes and talks.
greenwood
46 attraction reviews
“I drove to see nothing!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I think this is the only Indiana State Park I have went to that was a total disappointment. My 3yr. old grandson son said it was "Boring". This seems to be more a city park that has very little to do. We actually spent about 5 min. in the building the consider a Museum.

Visited July 2013

Springfield, Illinois
20 attraction reviews
“Didn't do my research before going”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm from out of state and in Indy on business every week. Decided to pack a lunch and enjoy it at a park this week. Fort Harrison is just right up the road so I headed that way. I didn't even make it into the park, it cost $5.00. Ok so that's not expensive if you're going to spend a day there, but all I wanted was a picnic table for 30 minutes.

Visited June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I loved that the food was steaming on my plate. Service was very old school even in the banquet setting. It felt calming.

Visited November 2012
Snellville, Georgia
31 attraction reviews
“Fort Harrison State Park better than I thought”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Fort Harrison State Park better than I thought it would be. The city has done a great job transitioning the army base to a state park. My family had brunch at the Garrison restaurant, then checked out the beautiful park. A lot of woodland for a city park.

Visited May 2013
Muncie, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
“Great Hiking Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fort Harrison Park is a beautiful state park, full of various types of trail, including rugged terrain or paved trails, as well as a fairly large hill you can walk or run.

Visited April 2013