“Car broken into” 2 of 5 stars

Type: State Parks
Activities: Birdwatching, Hiking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This 1700-acre park is chock-full of activities and history, housing a former World War II prisoner-of-war camp. Recreation includes fishing, bicycle trails, walking and jogging trails, horse trail rides and hayrides, picnicking and a nature center. Knowledgeable naturalists answer your questions and offer guided hikes and talks.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Car broken into”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This park was one of my favorite places. I enjoy the trails and wildlife. However, my car was broken into in the Delaware Lake lot two days ago. Apparently, this is becoming all too common. Please keep your eyes open and be aware of your surroundings! Have your valuables hidden before you enter the park or don't bring them. Hopefully, I will be able to feel good about the park again at some point, but as of right now, I can't get the sight of my shattered car window or the feeling of my bank account being wiped out at Walmart on Pendleton Pike out of my head.

Visited January 2013

Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
“Great Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in a large 1 bedroom apartment and it was quiet and wonderful. The food was great too. It was too cold to golf so I will have to go when the weather is better.

Indianaplis
14 attraction reviews
“Golf Course is very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Golf Course is very good.. Pete Dye redesign and beautiful setting... lots of elevation changes and trees.... you need to hit the ball straight, but if you do, this is a fun course to play.

Visited July 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
“A nice surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were driving back from a concert in Louisville when we decided to take a few detours, and Fort Harrison was one of them. We were glad we stopped! It wasn't hard to find off the Indy loop. More than anything, I was quite surprised at the size of the park, seeing as it is located directly in the middle of a busy suburb. There was plenty to do, judging by the amount of people in the park. Jogging, biking, hiking, birdwatching... you name it, we saw it. Being kids at heart, we stopped at a playground at the foot of what looked to be an incredibly sledding hill in the winter and was quite pleased with the small but fun playground. I don't care how old you are-- there's a slide there that I think you need to experience. The walk up to the top is gorgeous, full of flowers and shrubbery with a nice area to sit, and the ride down the slide is just downright fun. The historical elements of the park are quite fascinating; there are a lot of interesting boards to read by the visitor's center. If you need a break from traveling, take a small detour off the loop and check out the park! It's worth the small price to get in!

Visited August 2012
mason,ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful day in a great setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We loved our visit to this park. Where we live in Cincy you can't horseback ride for under $50 and Ft Harrison was $15. We loved the history and the scenery of this park. They are putting in a new slide and playground that was excellent and the trails were well shaded. Definitely recommend to a family that loves the outdoors!

Visited August 2012