“Inn Needs Upgrades - Book Direct and Not on a Travel Site” 3 of 5 stars

The Villa Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   1456 N Delaware St, Indianapolis, IN 46202   |
Ranked #11 of 21 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
Fort Wayne
“Inn Needs Upgrades - Book Direct and Not on a Travel Site”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed at the Villa after it showed up on my Travelocity search for Downtown Indianapolis. Location is great if you want to be in a beautiful residential area but still a quick drive or a long walk from Downtown. When I booked the room, I wasn't given any options regarding type of room etc, just the standard how many people and how many nights. The problem is the room that I received was in the carriage house, one of four with a single shared bath. I don't really understand the single shared bath. Our room was large and well appointed but rather than a bath, it had a full galley kitchen and small dining area - I would have preferred a private bath. With limited towels and no place to hang the wet ones in the bath, we had to carry the towels up to our room and drape them over dining chairs. The other complaint would be the off-white carpeting was heavily stained and badly needed cleaning.

The main Inn is a beautiful old home. The staff was pleasant. Complimentary breakfast was supposed to be Continental, but ended up being much more with a delicious quiche and sausage as well as cereals, breads, fruit, coffee, and juice.

Nice place, just book direct and know what room you are getting in advance.

Room Tip: Book directly with the Inn and make sure you are in the Main House if you want a private bath.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The room was cute but not clean. Finger nails on the sofa and the bathroom floor had not been cleaned. Also when I went to get ready in the morning I turned on the light and had a light fixture blow up and catch on fire 2 feet from my face. The staff didn't seem very apologetic for what had happened. The restaurant isn't one at all. Holiday Inn has more of a continental breakfast then this place did. And when try to book a massage they are not able to work with your schedule because of booked appointments so make sure you book that before you go. Oh and I must not forget the bed was so hard I did not sleep at all.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were in town for a convention and hadn't planned ahead for where we were going to stay. Everything in the area was way more expensive than what we wanted and then I came across this place. They offered a $99 room that had a shared bathroom. We decided to take a chance and rented it. The Inn was beautiful and the front desk clerk was very helpful. When we got there we were exhausted and hungry. She helped us come up with a place that delivered food to the hotel so we could just lounge until it arrived. Her recommendation wasn't great, but I can't really fault her for having a different taste in food than we do. The room was clean and comfortable, and we were the only people in the Carriage House, so we didn't have to share the bathroom with anyone. The thermostat for our room was in another room, and we had to call twice to have the temperature adjusted because it was too hot. If people had been in the other room, I don't know whether they would have been as accommodating of our temperature needs. Additionally, the bathroom had no towel rack, so I can imagine the bathroom being a mess after someone else used it. The bed was comfortable but we could hear various ambulances, helicopters and trains throughout the night. We also realized that we forgot our toothbrushes and when I called the front desk, I was told that they do not stock them - even though the informational binder says that they would be provided upon request. There were free snacks and drinks in the room, which was nice.

When we got up for breakfast the next morning we walked into a beautiful restaurant area and found a standard continental breakfast. Moments later a woman popped out of a back area and asked if we would something I could not understand the name of and sausage. She brought us a plate with sausage and something unlike anything I've ever seen before. When I tasted it, it seemed to be eggs with syrup and pecans on top. My fiance insisted that it was some kind of pastry and that she had said "streudel," but I'm not so sure. Maybe my piece was just particularly eggy. We also were given a late check out because no one had reserved the room yet for that evening, and we were able to relax a bit longer before getting back on the road. However, when we went to check out the next morning, the girl at the front desk, the same one that had helped us find a restaurant and adjusted the thermostat for us, had completely forgotten who we were and asked if we were checking in. That was very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Arrived to celebrate our anniversary. There was a letter in our room, but nothing else to acknowledge the occasion. The suite was poorly lit upon first entering and one of the pillow cases was noticeably wrinkled. The place was clean. The shower water never warmed. Breakfast was OK, with lots of offerings. The owner was the cook, was very friendly and wished us a happy anniversary. The breakfast room was quite charming. A big downer was that we were the only guests who spent the night - a little creepy.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a GREAT time! We stayed in Stanza #5 and it truly was fantastic! The guest services staff (especially Rachael & Amanda) were Wonderful! They made my Birthday an experience both special and memorable! And the Breakfast the next morning was YUMMY!!! Can't wait to book my next trip there!

• Stayed October 2013
Helsingoer, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a worn down, has been place. They claim luxery - truth: standard and a bit overprized. Old towls, not working jacuzzi, semi-dirty in rooms, dark. Breakfast; readymade, industrialized food. Staff; sweet young girls - not professionals.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Absolutely incredible stay! Totally felt like a Movie Star! They pamper you in such a way you don't expect it. I indulged in a WONDERFUL massage by the magic hands of David! One word.....WOW! Then treated myself to a Dermabrasion facial. Wow again!
Room was IMMACULATE and BEAUTIFUL with a Japanese theme, full kitchen, and Jacuzzi tub! The room was "Stanza 5". Breakfast was cooked to order by the owner and was Very very yummy! Actually staying again on my birthday next month and doing the day of beauty thing again! Loved it!!!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to The Villa Inn? Share your experiences!