“Great music” 5 of 5 stars

Science Hill, KY
6 attraction reviews
“Great music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I believe this is the oldest bar in Indianapolis. Blues genre, which I really love. Great ambiance. Music is pretty good. Food pretty good. I'm a chicken wing fanatic. The SN wings are pretty good. Friendly place.

Visited December 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great atmosphere and blues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were in Indy for a cheer competition and friends told us to try this place. We were glad we did. Good food, great atmosphere, and really good live blues. We will stop back on our next trip through Indy. If you want a casual place to unwind and enjoy yourself, this is the place to do it.

Visited April 2013
Lake Zurich,IL ( Chicago burb )
4 attraction reviews
“Come sing or play the Indy Blues here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I came in from Chicago on business and planned to bring my guitar with me to check out the town. I was told to hit TSLI as Wed Nights were Blues Nights in back stage area ( no cover ) starting at 8:30 P.M. I signed up around 8:00 P.M and found a table by the stage where the House Band for the night W.T Feaster Band wailed with Blues/Rock covers which were killer! after about a 45 set The Host called up a mix of musicians ( not in sign-in order) and I was called up for an enjoyable 3- song set playing guitar. I was latter called up to play some Blues harp, which rounded up the evening! Some great musicians and singers- All about having fun with other musicians!.

Some great beers on tap ( IPA's at $4.50 ) with drink specials. The place was somewhat packed so if you go with a group of friend, try and arrive early. The Food- not so hot, I had a boring salad with grilled chicken on leaf lettuce? not romaine? BTW-Friendly staff

Conveniently located off 70 and they have a parking lot if your lucky to get in, otherwise street parking or paid parking lot across the street.

I will return and highly suggest to all musicians to check out the best Jam place in town!
For non-musicians- come watch the talent and enjoy.

Visited June 2013
Vincennes, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
“If you like the Blues....You MUST go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have been here several times on Friday or Saturday and always had a great time. We went here on a Thursday and had just as much fun. Normally there are 2 bands playing, one in the front and one on the back stage, but there was only the one back stage open Thursday. They have bands 7 days a week. They do have drink specials sometimes, this place has a lot of history to it. They do serve food (your normal bar food) but have never been disappointed with the service, food, drinks or entertainment any time I've been there.

Visited April 2013
Indy
4 attraction reviews
“Come here for the atmosphere, not the food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've been here a few times now and had about the same experience every time. The atmosphere, the history, the music, the fun...all that is completely and totally worth the trip. Nights with live music are so fun, and the place literally feels alive. The staff are very friendly. The food and drinks are good, but they are WAY overpriced. Eat elsewhere and come here for a good time afterwards!

Visited February 2013