“Do not stay here!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #125 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Swedesburg, Iowa
“Do not stay here!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Booked stay using hotel points from frequent stays at other hotels in the chain. Told them up front that I would be writing a review. Room was disgusting. Someone had spit on the. Wall. The other wall had something else smeared on it. Floor had some kind of chunky stain at foot of bed. Every lamp shade was broken. Vent in bathroom was packed full of dirt. There is a difference between an old hotel and a dirty hotel. This however is both. I reported this and was told that a manger would call me today. I figured i would get a call crediting my points and offering up a free night elsewhere...That was 7 hours ago and no call... Stay away if you know what is good for you.

• Stayed September 2013
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear RoamingIowa,
We are very sorry to hear about your current experience at the hotel. We do not find these kind of conditions acceptable and will address them immediately. I would also like to apologize for the lack of communication from the hotel to you in regards to your experience. We have not been able to contact you via email or phone. Your Carlson account has been credited with your request and we hope to be able to communicate with you in regards to your stay. Please let us know the details of your contact information, so might be able to speak to you.

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Yakima
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed for two evenings in July and it fit our needs fine. The positive - my bed was comfortable, nice flat screen tv, internet worked well and there was enough desk space to work. In fact, I had to do about 3-4 hours of work one morning. My flight was quite late the first evening and I called and alerted them, the shuttle was there to pick me up with about a 15 minute wait at 3am which I thought was acceptable. Shuttle back to the airport left on time also. Front desk staff was helpful. Airport noise didn't disturb me at all. Hotel is on the side of the old airport so not much around at the current time. Easy access to the freeway.

The TLC - My room could have used a basic pick me up. Some caulking gaps in the sink, the curtains had been moved around so some holes near the top. Time for an update.

I ate breakfast at the restaurant one morning. My food was good and I ate the entire breakfast, waitress was pleasant and fun. Atmosphere a bit dark feeling, needs some windows! Lobby and bar was clean though, and the second evening I was there there were several people at the bar.

Room Tip: My business associate had some troubles getting there from airport with GPS. Confirm which address y...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chrissy B, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you ExpiditionMan for taking the time to review the hotel. Your feedback and comments continue to help us improve in areas that impact guest satisfaction. We hope that in your travels you will visit us again to see the improvements we have made.
Farmington Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I used Priceline to stay at this hotel at about a 60 percent savings and I still thought this hotel was terrible.

The elevator could not be any worse - the floor was cracked in fourteen different places and I think the other one was broken.

It's not really by anything and I wasn't impressed with any of the "amenities". This is allegedly a 3 star hotel but seriously, I've had a nicer room at Motel 6. My room smelled like old smoke and had water damage on the ceiling - classy. The planes flying over can also be slightly annoying. My bed was broken with one side super soft and the other side super hard.

The only reason I stayed at this hotel was because I used Priceline. If I had paid full price, I would have left within 15 minutes. There are a lot of hotels in the area, don't be fooled by the Radisson name - stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1GENMGR, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Radisson Indianapolis, Airport. Thank You for sharing your concerns with us. Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. Please contact me direct at 317-244-3361 to further discuss the concerns you had to encounter during your stay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay for seminar held in hotel so no need for rental I thought. First off had to wait over 40 min for shuttle service ,bad communication. The restaurant was not up too par for sure. This hotel is right behind old airport site, which they need to tear down the old parking decks and old hertz station. If you want to lose weight stay here because there is no where to eat around. Hotel ok but the restaurant need to be redone.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for choosing The Radisson Hotel Indianapolis Airport during your recent visit.
Please accept our sincere apology for not having any dining places around hotel besided the hotel restaurant.
Should you be in the area agin, please contact me directly as my goal is not to just meet but exceed the expectations.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here for the Dolphns/Colts game in November 2012. I decided to stay at the Radisson the whole weekend, to explore Indy,rather than just the day of the game.

I was pleasantly surprised by the bed quality. Very comfortable and good sheets. The room was nice, nothing too fancy, but still with newer furniture and a flat screen tv. The staff were nice, and were helpful with instructions/places to go. I'll be attending the next dolphins game in Indy in november, and most likely this is the hotel where I will stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1GENMGR, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your review regarding your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your experience with our team and looking forward to your next visit.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked a "suite" at the Radisson Indy Airport (341) - nothing more than a larger room with a wall, an extra TV, a small fridge in need of repair, and NO POOL on the property (desk clerk blamed it on the new management)! Restaurant staff very indifferent to our presence. Desk clerk offered to change our "suite" for a standard room, but for the same rate (we COULD have had a standard room for $40.00/night less if we chose it first). In the middle of nowhere - no restaurants/stores nearby. This is not your father's Radisson!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your suite. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. Also, we are sorry for the disappointing service you received from our restaurant staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service.
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed only one night and I am not really a picky person, but when the air conditioner powers
on and off every 5 min. or so all night long,I have a problem. The bed was uncomfortable and they really need to update their pillows as well. The shower head was huge but the water pressure was minimal, at best. I thought we were far enough away from the ice machine, but no - the noise kept us awake well into the morning hours. I would not stay here again and would not
recommend it either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. In addition, we are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for GM Nitin Talati.

Been to Radisson Hotel Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!