“Overall my stay here was acceptable. I probably would have...” 3 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Indianapolis South to your Saves list
Super 8 Indianapolis South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   450 Bixler Road, I-465 Exit 2B, Indianapolis, IN 46227   |
Ranked #131 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
River Falls
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this Super 8 and enjoyed courteous service. However, the rooms are terrible. They had a bad smell overall, the chairs were so stained we didn't even feel comfortable sitting in them, the shower's surround was falling apart (with literal holes in some places), and the bathroom felt so grody that I hesitated walking in it barefoot. Some serious upgrades need to take place to justify their $60 price point.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The staff is absolutely amazing! If you bring something to their attention, they mke sure to take care of it right away! This place is very clean! You can tell the housekeepers are doing their job well! Lobby was very clean and professional looking. The breakfast was very good also, biscuits and gravy, cereal, milk( real 2% milk), juice, and pastries. Overall I really enjoyed my stay, and would refer anyone to this location!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GEORGETOWN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Really nice staff, found out I was traveling as a single female and made sure I was in a room close by the front door so I didn't have to go to any of the back doors to get to my room. Easy check in and out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Wilmington, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This will be my first & last trip to this Super 8. I have NEVER experienced such unprofessional & immature staff.

How do you select your employees? The blonde, female behind the desk (when she wasn't smoking directly in front of the hotel doors- which seemed to be more often than working) was rude & spent more time talking to staff & other people than me (THE CUSTOMER). Also, is a dress code not required? I'm sorry but flip flops, an oversized jacket and hair that looked like she just got out of bed... really? I wasn't sure if she was a bad employee (which referred to herself as the general manager) or a gang member pretending to work there! Either way, the service was poor.

I also thought I checked in to a daycare instead of a hotel. I kept hearing children laughing & running up & down the hall. I am tolerate of children (as I am a mother) but this was quite disrupting. I opened the door to see what was causing all the excitement - to find the cleaning lady & what appeared to be several of her children. This is ridiculous! Is it the hotels policy to bring your kids to work to avoid paying for daycare? Perhaps, if the cleaning staff would 'clean' instead of looking after her children, I wouldn't have a smelly room with dirty floors and tub.

I travel quite often and have come to expect that there will never be a perfect stay. However, this was far beyond a bad experience. Staff & management should be evaluated & held accountable for this horrible hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!