“Familiar atmosphere and a yummy breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Harney House Inn

You added The Harney House Inn to your Saves list
The Harney House Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   345 North East Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202   |
Ranked #3 of 21 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bochum, Germany
“Familiar atmosphere and a yummy breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Thanks Deborah (the owner of The Harney House Inn) it is much more comfortable than a "normal" Hotel. The self-made breakfast (e.g. scrambled eggs and cupcakes) is very delicious and every day with fresh fruits. The rooms/appartments are clean and functional with an "old school" style. 3 min

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Debra H, Owner at The Harney House Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and my daughter will be happy you enjoyed the breakfast every morning! It was nice talking to you and getting to know a little about were you are from. I am glad the weather was a little cooler so you could enjoy your stay while you were here....I hope your weather cooled down when you returned home! I really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! We hope you can visit again soon! Thanks again, Deb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Annandale, Virginia, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at Harney House fall of 2012 and hope to do the same this year. The location is perfect with shopping and dining just a short walk away. The rooms are very nice and comfortable and the host and service were great. Home away from home!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you come back this fall! We now serve full breakfast all week! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I truly appreciate it! Deb
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our stay last week at The Harney House Inn exceeded our expectations. What a lovely home and what a lovely host. The house is beautiful and supremely clean. The rooms spacious with lots of amenities. Deb took great care to make sure her guests' stay is enjoyable. She serves a full breakfast and for the price we pay, it is superb value. And the location is excellent; not only is it near Mass Street and lots of downtown attractions, it also sits on a quaint street that is great for a stroll.

Room Tip: The top-floor room has a well-equipped kitchen for those who want to make a meal while on the road...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank You! I really enjoyed talking to you two and getting to know you. I loved hearing about your families and the places you were visiting and I am glad you enjoyed downtown and our neighborhood. We hope to see you again next year and Aster says "Hi" :) Thanks again!! Deb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed in the Riley room for 5 days for a convention in the Indiana convention. The convention center is a 20- minute walk away. The B&B is located near downtown and within walking distance of a grocery store. The room also included a small kitchen.

We enjoyed our stay in the room. It was very clean, nice and big enough for two people to live in. Big plus is the breakfast, Deb (the owner) was very flexible in breakfast times and everyday we enjoyed fresh fruit, freshly baked pastry and great coffea/thea. This place is the ideal spot for a short vacation or business trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in the Riley Room and "Thank You" for taking the time to write a review! I can't thank you two enough for your generosity! It will be forever appreciated!! We hope you come back again soon! God Bless, Deb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated our anniversary here. The Garden Room is spacious and comfortable, although the window air conditioner had trouble keeping the suite cool enough. It is only a 15- minute walk to the center of downtown, so it is very conveniently located. We had a nice chat with a friendly neighbor when we took a walk around the area. We would recommend this B&B to our friends.

• Stayed June 2013
Debra H, Owner at The Harney House Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! It was nice talking with you and I am glad you enjoyed celebrating your anniversary here at the Harney House Inn and walking around our neighborhood. I am sorry you had trouble with the room not being cool enough. We found out the air conditioner was on energy saver mode. I am glad you brought this to our attention and now with the summer season upon us we are installing the air conditioner that goes in the living room window as well. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon!

Thanks again,
Deb Harney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had the third floor suite and loved it! Everything was very homey and comfortable. The added plus was being so close to downtown and walking to our destinations. I will definitely return in the future. Thanks so much for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Debra H, Owner at The Harney House Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the 3rd floor Louis Penthouse. I enjoyed having you as a guest and I want to Thank You so much for your feedback....I really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and I hope you can come back and see us again soon!!

Thanks so much,
Deb
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Harney House is beautifully decorated. We had a beautiful room called the Garden Room. Its most striking feature is a mirrored spa tub, which was especially nice as we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. The House is located in a pleasant historical neighborhood a pleasant walk away from downtown, and only 2 or 3 blocks from the Rathskeller where we were having dinner (German food on our anniversary is a tradition). The host was practically invisible, and, frankly, I would have liked a bit more attention, especially at breakfast. But overall, I would recommend Harney House to everyone as an alternative to the downtown chain hotels.

Room Tip: The Garden Room is the way to go.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Debra H, Owner at The Harney House Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello,
Thank You for taking the time to write us a review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in the Garden Room and our neighborhood. I am sorry you felt I was invisible and that I missed seeing you at breakfast.. I always tell my guests to not be afraid to knock on my door if they have questions or just want to talk. I do try to respect their privacy if they seem to want to be left alone and enjoy each others company. I do go out in the morning to said hello and make sure everyone has what they need. Mornings are very busy and I do go back to the dining room if I missed seeing someone the first time I check...but sometimes they are already finished and gone back up to their rooms. I really appreciate your feedback and I hope you will come visit us again!
Thank,
Deb

Been to The Harney House Inn? Share your experiences!