“I've Been Banned For No Reason” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Indianapolis - East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2851 N Shadeland Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46219   |
Ranked #164 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“I've Been Banned For No Reason”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Yes its pet friendly and all,my husband furbaby and I stayed from July 7th until July 20th,the first rm we stayed in the cable came out of the TV and we were put in another rm that was clean,nice sized bathrm but the bed was small as well as the room the housekeeping staff were cool,the last night we stayed I asked for another room because the TV wouldn't reprogram the channels in we were first given the sink was stopped up and the toilet was one flush away from overflowing and the bathrm door was practically off the hinges as well as the door knob, underneath the bed hadnt been vacuumed my husband called the front desk and asked for a plunger and he ended up having to go get 1 after waiting for an hour and no one appeared with a plunger,after my husband proceed to plunge the sink he ran out of the rm and went to request another rm there were some minor issues but we stayed we checked out that morning when we returned that afternoon I ended up on a no trespass list and was banned for an alleged disturbance from the night before which isn't true in any shape form or fashion. I attempted to try to clear up the situation and I was told they were not removing me from the ban list even though they were unable to find a report from the security with my name on it anywhere they were even rude about it there is way too much going on at this motel 6 not to mention having to pay 3.20 for internet that should be free pet friendly and all even if I were to be removed from the ban list I would probably never stay here again unless I have nowhere else to go.......I will make every attempt possible to get my name off a ban list I have absolutely no business being on to begin with

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This place is bad. We've stayed at lots of Motel6's across the US over the years and generally been satisfied. This place was disgusting, nasty, and not clean. Don't make the mistake of staying here. We checked in late at night and were tired from being on the road so once we unloaded all our gear we were too tired to go anywhere else. There was all sorts of coming and going on the floors above us as other postings have noted. We didn't really feel that safe and just got out of there as fast as we could in the morning

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This motel was ultra-cheap (I paid $29.00 a night), so for the money, it was a good deal. The rooms were a bit worn out but clean. The area was decent - some motels and restaurants close by. It was a good pet-friendly motel. I stayed in the handicapped room on the first floor, it was on a corner and was easy to get to with good parking and fairly private. Luxury this ain't, but for $29 you aren't going to get fancy...I just wanted CLEAN and this motel qualified.

Wi-Fi was $2.99 a day. It seems this is becoming a Motel 6 policy everywhere, which I dislike. I had terrible wi-fi at the last Motel 6 I stayed at (and paid for) so I opted not to pay for it on this trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here much of January, because I live out of town and work in Indianapolis. As of this morning, however, I will NEVER make that mistake again!

There has always been problems everytime I stayed. These problems, to name a few, include:

1. Burn holes in the comforters (although I never slept underneath the covers).
2. Bathroom fan/one of the lights out.
3. Remote control broke.
4. Stains on the carpet.
5. Hairs in the shower.
6. Dried urine on the bathroom floor.
7. Repulsive smell in the room.
8. Burn holes in the curtains.
9. Housekeeping had been in my room while I was at work (I know this because the curtain was half open and I never open it); however, my trash was full and my used towels were still in the bathroom. I believe the housekeeper was looking to see if I had anything of value that I left in the room and forgot to close the curtain when she left (note: if you stay here, I suggest you bringing your items with you until you return....I did this every morning.
10. One room they gave me had an abnormally large stain in front of the bathroom door and the carpet was pulled up quite a bit (looked as if they had used a carpet cleaner on this old carpet, which caused the dry-rotted carpet to stick up.) These people don't. Use carpet cleaners there, that's obvious, and I had a horrible feeling someone died there. So, the next morning, I looked on my phone for something about a murder at this Motel 6....and sure enough.....found several articles on a murder that happened there in late 2011, and although I couldn't find the room # associated with this, there was a police photo, and one of the cops was actually parked in the same spot I was....I, without a doubt, think I was in the room where this happened (f.y.i..this night, I was in room 148.) Disgusting! They did not even bother to change the blood soaked/stained carpet! I was appauled!
11. One night, the people next door, had brought a radio and had it blaring, and were singing, yelling, arguing, fighting, and smoking weed (all of this stuff was clear, because they had my room and their room conjoined; of course, the conjoined door was locked, but I could still hear and smell all of his even better through that door. The motel was almost empty and a staff member put them right by me? In a conjoined room?? Ridiculous! So, at midnight, (having to be up by 630 am for work), I go to the front desk to switch rooms and there's a local cop sitting there and he actually has the nerve to stare at me and follow me to where I park my car...making me feel like the criminal! I couldn't believe it...here was a party, with I'm sure people who actually are convicted criminals, and he was harassing me?? A white girl that has to get up at 630 am and get ready for work and be there by 8 am?? Unbelievable....it made me feel so gross.
12. Okay, here's the thing that made me pack up my bags this am @ 3am and say give me a refund now (which they did not argue with.) I was sleeping and awoke and needed to use the bathroom real quick..I got up turned on the bathroom light and sleepily walked in....I see something move and open my eyes better and seen a cockroach running across the bathroom floor! I was soooooo DISGUSTED! I had some spray cleaner with me (I always spray clean and put alcohol sanitizer on everything iin these rooms!) I killed it with the spray and wanted to leave soooo bad (this was around 1130 pm, but i live two hours away and didn't want to spend money on another room for just a few hours....so, I turned on all the lights, spray cleaned everything again, and made shook out all my clothes and rebagged them once again. Exhausted, but can't sleep, I lay on the first of the beds, very uncomfortably (I had just sanitized the top blanket I was sitting on top of.) I was basically sitting there with one eye open! Still awake, because I'm scared cockroaches will crawl on me at this point, I seen a cockroach crawling up the wall on the side of the tv! I smashed it with a laminated menu they had. Moments later, I see another cockroach crawling up the wall, this time by the bed I had slept in the previous night! I sprayed cleaner on it and killed it (all 3 of the cockroaches were left dead in the room-one of which being on the bathroom floor, and the other two, dead on the wall. I immediatly got my stuff and got out! Told the girl @ the front desk that I wanted a refund, and told her I seen 3 cockroaches and if she didnlt believe me, ill gladly go show her the dead ones...she laughed and gave me a refund....I don't think its funny though!

Bottom line: This motel is in a horrible neighborhood, very unsafe, filthy beyond words, lazy staff, extremely unclean, unsanitary, and attracts dangerous people! I understand this isn't a Hilton, I toally get that; however, these are problems that are not worth a penny of your hard earned money! My advice?? Spend a little more and get something in a better part of town...worth it!

• Stayed January 2013
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at this motel one night on my way west, it was a very nice, spacey and comfortable room, desk person was friendly. Bed was good, supplies and comforts were good. Very clean room. Price was good would stay here again. One note was there was road construction going on Sept. 2012 and mapquest directions were a little off, the road was right off the exit to the left, seeing the Motel six sign helped find it.

Room Tip: It seemd to be a quiet area to stay, some apartments behind the motel, there were other conveinces n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

In this economy when we're all trying to save a penny, this motel would be a great choice. Now unless you want to be under FBI investigation and have everyone in your party be identified then help yourself. My personal opinion with my visitor having to report to the office just to take me to the store, is a bit ridiculous. If someone wants to come visit you while at this motel, they must first show ID. Who do they think they are, "The Conrads" please. Stop all the drama Motel 6 East, and if you happen to hear disturbance in a room, then address it! Otherwise let people have their privacy...Personally I'll get over saving pennies and book a room at a better motel/hotel without all the drama. Don't you have cameras if anything illegal is going on. Must you be in people's personal business. Most go to motels to get away, get some privacy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
CARLISLE, OHIO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dont waste your time or hard earned money here. We had two adjoining rooms. One room wasnt cleaned from the last guest. The other had black mold on the pillow.Talked with manager
and she told us nothing was wrong with it. Also, we were told twice if we didnt like it, we could go stay somewhere else. Unfortunatly all hotels around were booked up. There was so much illegal drugs and prostitution going outside that it was hard to sleep at nite from all the traffic. In fact there was an Indianapolis policeman on patrol in the parking lot 24/7. We were informed by the girl at the desk, that there was a K-9 unit taken through all the rooms the nite before our stay. Decide for yourself. This place is absolutely run down and nasty !

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Inn just south of this place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Indianapolis - East? Share your experiences!