“You pay for what you get.” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Indianapolis - East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2851 N Shadeland Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46219   |
Ranked #167 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“You pay for what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

In this economy when we're all trying to save a penny, this motel would be a great choice. Now unless you want to be under FBI investigation and have everyone in your party be identified then help yourself. My personal opinion with my visitor having to report to the office just to take me to the store, is a bit ridiculous. If someone wants to come visit you while at this motel, they must first show ID. Who do they think they are, "The Conrads" please. Stop all the drama Motel 6 East, and if you happen to hear disturbance in a room, then address it! Otherwise let people have their privacy...Personally I'll get over saving pennies and book a room at a better motel/hotel without all the drama. Don't you have cameras if anything illegal is going on. Must you be in people's personal business. Most go to motels to get away, get some privacy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
CARLISLE, OHIO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dont waste your time or hard earned money here. We had two adjoining rooms. One room wasnt cleaned from the last guest. The other had black mold on the pillow.Talked with manager
and she told us nothing was wrong with it. Also, we were told twice if we didnt like it, we could go stay somewhere else. Unfortunatly all hotels around were booked up. There was so much illegal drugs and prostitution going outside that it was hard to sleep at nite from all the traffic. In fact there was an Indianapolis policeman on patrol in the parking lot 24/7. We were informed by the girl at the desk, that there was a K-9 unit taken through all the rooms the nite before our stay. Decide for yourself. This place is absolutely run down and nasty !

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Inn just south of this place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Vincennes, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We booked this hotel last minute to be up in Indy for the Super Bowl. Compared to the other hotels who had raised their prices unbelievably, this hotel was still at normal price. We new it wasn't going to be a top notch hotel, but was pleasantly surprised with it. It was decently clean and the front desk was extremely helpful. We stayed two nights, however we were not in the hotel other than to sleep. For the price, you couldn't really beat this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Hebron, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

We pulled up in late afternoon and the place was pretty quiet and vacant. Once it got dark though, there were cars constantly cruising through the parking lot, women walking around on the upper levels that looked like hookers, cars parked together in the back corners of the parking lot with people hanging out in them possibly making drug deals (I can't really say for sure). I observed this while I was walking my dog several times during the evening. When I would walk toward the vehicles they would observe me and leave shortly afterwards. My dog needed to go out in the middle of the night and while I was walking toward a patch of grass, I was asked for money by a women and a man that walked up to me in the parking lot. I just did not feel safe staying there. The room was clean, but the buttons were missing off of the A/C and I could only turn it to high or off. Room was run down.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I was riding my bike from Richmond, and I got a flat tire late at night. Motel 6 was the most affordable place to stay. I found the bed dirty, and all night there were Baby momma's and Baby Daddy's running around the whole motel slamming doors and stomping threw the decks... I guess it is just might as well be known as a local homeless shelter. When I woke up the guests were very filthy looking and had work clothes on. The service people were very nice, but the hotel wasn't. All they have to eat and drink are from vending machines and you have to pay for shampoo through the vending machine. I tried to make phone calls from my room's phone, and it was very confusing. I would only recommend this hotel to someone in desperate need of one like I was, if your looking for a business trip to the Wonder Bread outlet right next door, than I would suggest Rammada Inn closer to I-70. Come to think about it though, Motel 6 had very good access to I-70 with very little traffic on Shadeland. That's about the best thing I could say about the place

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
minibull9
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

Even when we first showed up it just seemed filthy but we were so tired from driving we didn't care. We just wanted a bed to sleep in and get some rest but that was far from the deal we got for the place. The price was pretty cheep but that's no excuse for the nasty stains on the sheets, the stains on the bathroom floor, the smokey air with yellow walls, ashes from cigarettes being put out on the door frames and the bed bugs. We weren't laying on the top of the bed for more than 10 minutes before we started itching with noticeable bites. Very noisy guests playing loud music, slamming doors, yelling outside our window, etc. When we finally couldn't stay their any more we called down to the front desk and they were more than happy to refund out money. He was very courteous and apologized for everything. Its better to not deal with it and go somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
St. Louis, Mo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Our room was none too clean when we arrived but we made excuses and spent the night. The next morning found out the room was infested with bed bugs. The motel has apparently been battling them for at least a month. The management asked us if we wanted to be moved to another room, but when we said we just wanted to check out, they were very helpful, refunded all of our money and gave us quarters to wash everything in their washers. The hotel is in an industrial part of town, kind of remote with a shuttered office park next door. Better to find someplace else to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Indianapolis - East? Share your experiences!