“YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Indianpolis West

You added Super 8 Indianpolis West to your Saves list
Super 8 Indianpolis West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5241 West Bradbury Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Econo Lodge Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #154 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

i just wanted to get away from the hub bub of the office so I sneaked away to this place. It isn't fancy at all: no breakfast or neat hallways: just the basics. I didn't pay much so I didn't expect much. The staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful. The room had a broken chair which I didn't mind. The TV was good. The room was clean and neat. You can park right outside your room. The bathroom was also nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

All vending and ice machines broken, no clock or remote control, terrible customer service, broken air conditioner, no lock on door, will not honor first floor request for handicap traveler, dont be fooled into paying for a queen bed as they do not have them (told me that it is the "old queen size, not the newer and larger queen bed"..and to top it off there was a fresh urine stain on the sheets!!! I made them come to the room and they tried to tell me that it was just a water stain until I requested that he smell it. After that he agreed and said the cleaning crew must have forgotten to change the sheets. Totally unacceptable under any circumstance. I would rather sleep in the bushes on the side of the road than stay in this establishment again.

• Stayed July 2012
troy s, General Manager at Super 8 Indianpolis West, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Hello,

As the General Manager of the Hotel I take each of my guest comments of their stay very serious and if its a negative comment I attempt to correct those issues as well as gain that trust back from my guest. While reading your comments I did see you mention your sheets in the room had not been changed on the bed. And I want to to again apologize on behalf of myself and the staff. This isnt something that happens at our facility and for it to have happened I want to sincerly let you know how sorry I am and I have addressed this issue as well as followed up. Our Single bed rooms do come with queen beds and we also have 2 double bed rooms. In our rooms we dont offer the clocks but if a wakeup call is needed we do have that service for you at the Front Desk. We also supply a nice complimentary breakfast in the morning for all of our guest staying with us. For the last 7 months we have been working hard at improving many things at the hotel as we took it over in late October 2011. I know my apologies will not correct the issue but Id love to gain that trust back from you and have you at our facility again in the near future. Thank-you for your, comments this shows that there's room for improvement. If you have any other questions or concerns that I hadnt addressed you can always contact me at the hotel.

Thanks
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

the first room we were in the lock broke the door was hard to shut and the toilet got plugged up and there was no none to fix it so they gave us another room and in that room the bath tub wouldn't drain both the ice machines were broke so there was no ice for our room there was a drunk at the pool that wouldn't leave us and the kids alone some how i left my camera behind and it took me 3 days to get a hold of someone that would actually help me and that was after i offered a reward!!! through out all this the 'manager' was of NO help at all the most helpful person there was the front desk girl that had been off all week!!! i would really only suggest going there if you are a crack head or a prostitute !!! there is a hotel right across the street GO THERE

Room Tip: don't come here!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
connersville indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

we stayed in room 222 at the econo off of lynhurst and there was urine behind the toilet, stains of a conspicuous nature EVERYWHERE! glad i didnt have a black light! gum behind the phone. cleaning staff should be fired! The front desk staff were very very nice and attentive. TV didnt work, well the remote didnt. fan in the bathroom kept stickin and squeeling, exposed light bulb, 60 watt, right above the bathtub, big holes in the curtains. what a pleasant stay for 56 bucks, should have stayed in my truck!!!
stay was on dec 17 to 18 2011

Room Tip: dont get room 222, its adjoining and i hated worrying about that! if any of the other rooms are as n...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dumfries, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Stay in your car, changed rooms, bugs... etc... etc... i blew off all these comments before i booked a room at this hell hold. I figured, since i was going to spend most of my time at the hospital, all i needed was a place to lay my head, and shower. So i check in, first room tv. didnt work. They gave me another room. Showered after my long trip and went to the Hospital. Came back well after midnight. to find the maid took all my towels and did not replace any of them. then i noticed i was missing a few things that i have left out. Of course i had to check my bag, and was missing a few things that were in my bag, plus my deoderent! Who Steals someone elses deoderent...Manager didnt seem to care.Luckly i didnt leave money or any valuables there...Yes i Notified the Manager, he didnt seem to care. I should have called the police. but i wanted away from that place.

Room Tip: Close it down !
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Munich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Stayed there in April for one night to be on a cheap place "close" to the airport. Had an early flight to catch on Monday morning, so I pre-ordered a shuttle-service. Not very cheap that. The room itself was like thousands of other Motels throughout the country. Simple with 2 beds, TV, bathroom (clean) and a very bad WiFi - nearly no connection. After all, it was ok for a few hours, but sure you shouldn´t spend there more than one night because there is nothing to see and do around except the highway and the airport, which is still 10-15 min away. Maybe again, maybe not .... don´t really know.

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Waco, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Staying here was a complete nightmare. I was in five rooms in two days, and in none of them did the wi-fi work properly. Keys repeatedly failed to function. Receptionist was rude, intransigent, and obviously not bright enough for her job. Manager was far worse: belligerent and attempted to brow-beat me into admitting that I didn't know how to use wi-fi or that my computer wasn't up to the task.
Rooms smelled of other people's sweat (bad) or feet (worse).
Certainly the worst customer service I have ever experienced outside of Europe. Manager really needs to go back to hotel school.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Indianpolis West? Share your experiences!