“Pleasantly Surprised - excellent for the money” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4530 S Emerson Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46203   |
Ranked #99 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Nashville
“Pleasantly Surprised - excellent for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

All was clean, fresh, well furnished and everything worked perfectly. Bathroom was well appointed and comfortable. Bed was very comfortable with great pillows. Nothing was amiss, anywhere. I was very pleasantly surprised and will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

sly1234_12, General Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and ratings. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We look forward to being of service to you when you return to Indianapolis. Thank you again for you comments.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

For the most part, I've had some really good luck staying at this location. The staff is always friendly, my room always clean and comfortable, and the prices always reasonable. And it looked like they were doing some minor renovations to the place: the carpet seemed a bit brighter (I think one thing I smelled in the halls was some carpet glue) and the walls looked a bit more colorful (there were a couple of spots that they were still painting and, if it wasn't carpet glue I smelled, it might've been the paint...or maybe both).

My week-long stay this past August was really no exception -- it was still a very pleasant stay -- but there were a couple minor quibbles.

- On the ceiling over my bathtub, I noticed a couple of black splotches, which I suspect might've been mold. They just might not have gotten to the updates on that room yet, and I did forget to mention it when I checked out (sorry).

- One night -- really, really late -- I thought I heard the engine of a truck running throughout the night. I went outside to check on it but didn't see any trucks. I didn't even hear the noise out there, at least not until I got back to my room. I think it might've been the air-conditioning unit in a neighboring room.

- They didn't have fresh waffles this year. That was one thing I really enjoyed last year (at least when I could get out of bed with enough time to make breakfast), but this year what they offered were the frozen toaster waffles. Sure, they weren't bad, but doggone it, I was really looking forward to those fresh ones *g*

- I didn't get any Wyndham Reward points. I didn't get any last year either. One of the big reasons I stay at the Super 8 brand hotels is to earn those points and (hopefully) get enough for some free nights somewhere down the road. I paid full price for my room (even a little extra, thanks to both Gen Con and the MotoGP Rally taking place that weekend), but apparently my stay still wasn't considered a "qualifying" stay. Wyndham Rewards never satisfactorily explained exactly what a "qualifying" stay was, but they did contact the manager of this location and apparently he wasn't going to authorize the points. I don't know just how the Wyndham Rewards and the different franchises work out these deals (I suspect the franchises probably have to pay Wyndham extra to be part of the program and this Super 8 might be trying to stay competetive), but it would be nice to know this stuff up front.

Overall and despite those quibbles, I still liked my stay here. My plans for next year are still up in the air (as usual), and this Super 8 is still high on my list for places to stay. But what my schedule and my potential roommate have to say might call for a change of hotels though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
sly1234_12, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and ratings. When you were here we had just replaced all the carpets and freshly painted the hallways and lobby. All the construction is now complete. We look forward to being of service to you when you return next year.
Killbuck,Oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Clean, quiet rooms. Nothing fancy but great place to shower and sleep. Breakfast was no show at 6:30 one morning before I left. Second morning was adequate. This was my second stay here as I have family close by, I will stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
sly1234_12, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments and ratings. We do apologize for the breakfast being set out late on that morning, and we will endeavor to assure a situation of this time does not happen in the future. We looking forward to your next vist to Indianapolis and to our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and ratings.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

For the last two years I have went on a golf trip to play The Brickyard with seven of my buddy's we have stayed in this Super 8 both years. The manager Deena has gone out of her way to make sure we had great experience,the continental breakfast was very nice also.If your looking for a hotel in this area I would highly recommend this Super 8!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
sly1234_12, General Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and ratings concerning the service we provide our customers. We look forward to your next visit and we are always glad to be of service to you and your friends.

Been to Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson? Share your experiences!