“Room size” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Granby
“Room size”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We found the room well furnished but small. Using a chair at the computer table, we were not able to walk between the chair and bed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

sly1234_12, General Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
We thank you for the ratings and comments on our hotel. We do apologize for the tight area in your room. When your to visit us again, remind us at checkin that you need a room with more floor space. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Ive stayed here before and it is convienent to the dogshow i attend up the street.. Location is good to get to several place to eat and shop. I only wish they didnbt charge 10 per dog and just 10 period, They would get more dogshow buisness. There are many trials up the street but people stay other places that offer dogs free or a lesser fee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

sly1234_12, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for the outstanding ratings and your comments. We look forward to your next visit to our city and our hotel.
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean, the woman at the desk polite and professional, the bed was comfortable, and the price was right for a one night stay on my road trip.

Other pros:I was happy that there was a coffee maker and a hair dryer in the room. Little conveniences are nice. Appreciated the juice and fruit available with the free breakfast.

Cons: my room was close to the lobby and I could hear doors opening and closing a lot. I was able to drown out the sound of the front desk phone by turning on the air conditioner.

Someone had posted about the parrots. They're still there but were very quiet the night I stayed at the hotel. I briefly heard one (I think it was imitating the phone), but once I turned on the air conditioner I couldn't hear anything (except the doors).

I would stay here again, but I would ask to be away from the lobby.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
sly1234_12, Owner at Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your views on our hotel. We appreciate the comments and look forward to seeing you again soon. When you come in the next time ask for a room away from the lobby we will ensure that you are placed in a room away from the lobby.
Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was in town for Gen Con and the Indy Fringe Fest, a good week and a half, and wanted some place comfortable and convenient to stay. This Super 8 fit the bill to a "T." The price was just right, especially considering just how much the other hotels in the area jacked up their prices for the MotoGP that same weekend. The location was good, too, what with the number of restaurants within a five-minute drive, as well as a Wal-Mart next door and quick access to 65 and 465. The free breakfast was pretty good, especially the waffles. (What can I say? I like waffles!) The hotel is very clean and well maintained by a staff that's friendly and very conscientious. When I called them months before, I asked how often they cleaned the rooms of longer-term guests. The lady told me every other day, but from the looks of my room, I'm guessing they cleaned it every day. This was very cool and very impressive, considering that the year before I had stayed at the nearby Motel 6 for about the same length of time and all they did was toss in some clean towels -- once. One thing that really surprised me was the mini-fridge in the room, a nice, clean, quiet fridge. I asked them about it and they said that, given just how long I was going to be staying with them, they put it in there at no extra charge. It was just too cool of them. I think my only ding on the place was the one day I had planned on sleeping in late, they called about 10am, asking if I wanted my room serviced that day; never mind that I had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Next time, I'll just mention it to the front desk.

I have every intention of staying with them again next year. Thanks again, Super 8 -- South Emerson! You're one of the best!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments and the outstanding ratings, you gave our hotel. We apologize for your being disturbed by the phone call. We look forward to seeing you next year during Gen Con.
Decatur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our non-smoking room was clean, although it smelled slightly of smoke. The staff was polite. The breakfast was decent, with waffles, two cereal choices, and fresh fruit. The hotel is located in a convenient location right off of the interstate. We had no complaints, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We appreciate customers that use our hotel, as normal stop when they are in Indianapolis. Thank you again for your business, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
dekalb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This place is handy--right off the interstate. There's a 24-hour Walmart next door and plenty of places to eat. There is nothing fancy here. There's no swimming pool, no exercise room, no restaurant, no elaborate breakfast. But it is clean and quiet and doesn't cost a fortune. I've stayed here many times and have never had a problem. The owners/managers are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for you views on our hotel. The staff appreciates your comments the performance of their duties. Hope you to see you here again in the future. Thank you again for taking time to lets us know you feelings about our hotel and our staff.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at this property over Indy 500 weekend- paid almost $120 for a room (to be expected) but still a rip off. The interior of the hotel was painted in the most hideous shades of school bus yellow and banana yellow with green grass carpeting. The family that owns this franchise property obviously live in it. It was clean but a dump to say the least. The grandfather of the family that own/live in the property was refilling breakfast items-he dropped toast on the ground and picked it up and placed it into the basket of bread for the guests to eat from- we were horrified! HOW DISGUSTING! The breakfast offered cereal, toast, or waffles. The photos on both trip advisor and Super 8 DO NOT look anything like the hotel really does...do not be fooled! We had 2 rooms booked and neither the furniture nor the bedspreads were the same in either room- where did they buy this stuff? There was NO air conditioning in the "common" areas of the hotel just fans moving hot air around- the window unit in our room was barely working the lady owner came up and wiggeled the unit around until the air came on it seemed to work OK after that point. The ice machines were hardly working (again Indy weekend Im sure they were tapped out???). Given the price, the condition and the overall experience at this hotel I can say that we WONT EVER be staying here again- our complaints have been voiced to Super 8 customer service already.

Room Tip: dont stay here-
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
sly1234_12, Owner at Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
. You visited our hotel on the weekend of the 500 mile race. Every hotel in the city had high rates due to the special event (the Indianapolis 500) being ran on May 27th. In reference to the slice of bread, it was set aside and thrown away, not served to the customers. The breakfast which is served at our hotel, is a standard Super 8 breakfast, as listed from Super 8 Corporate. Our rooms are set up with matching bedspreads in each room, however each room does not match another room. Concerning the ice machine it was overly used that weekend by guests filling ice chests to take to the race. Once again we apologize and thank you for your concerns.

Been to Super 8 Indianapolis/Emerson? Share your experiences!