“Nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

8850 East 21st Street, Indianapolis, IN 46219   |
Ranked #167 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Is upsetting that the company I work for uses this place. The girl that set me up did say is a last choice when the other places are booked! The hotel needs lots of work the pictures they use are not up to date. The walls are all stain the room has actual spider webs with spiders on them towels are stained carpet is ruined. The door has a big space on the bottom that anything can crawl through it. Been very paranoid. They need to get rated by the state.I have my own towels and so glad I do. The shower curtain has not been clean or changed. Spiders in there too. I did not sleep bc worried something will get on me. They need to start remodeling one room at a time and take cleaning classes and the older rooms don't give them to people.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

First of I must say that the staff and owner are very pleasant and try to make your stay a good one, but the bed bugs just ruin the atmosphere. I have not seen a bed bug yet how ever my body is their canvas. I wake up everyday with more bites. Our prepaid MONTH is up today and we are outta here. They have done alot to make our stay comfortable, but with this constant issue we have to leave.

Room Tip: My advice is to keep going down the road. Bed bugs are through out the whole property.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Please read carefully...when checking in.....1) No refunds after 10 minutes....means wham bam you know what. 2) Pets welcome.....means we have bedbugs no extra charge.....relax they add to the coziness of your room 3) DO NOT complain because WE wont listen !!! Enough said DONT Stay....pitch in to demolish this eyesore !!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have bedbugs...........your choice !!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

You'd be better off sleeping in your car. There's nothing nice I can say about this place - I'm disgusted that the city would allow a place like this to stay open. In all of my traveling I have seen a lot but to actually pay over $100 to stay at a place like this is a crime - to which anyone working there does not seem to care. Forget getting your money back - all of the reviews were spot on plus I could add so much more. If you must stay here insist on seeing the room first.

Room Tip: If you must stay here insist on seeing the room first. But I suggest sleeping in your car
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Rooms nasty, they don't clean up, dirty sheets, doors do not close rite. And it's so easy to open your room door. There is no breakfast. And the staff are just as nasty. I got ate up by the Bed Bugs!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
North Newton, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I feel that the city of Indianapolis needs to condemn and raze the building. Dirty walls, carpet nasty, trim falling, holes in the wall, bed broken, bathroom floor tile uneven due to possible water leaks. T.V cable reception reminded me back in the day when we had antenna and analog reception there was more snow on the screen than a Maine winter. Garbage overflowing in parking lot probably from not paying the garbage bill. I spent an entire 5min. in the room and left and told office that I refuse to stay there. The manager did'nt look surprised.

Room Tip: invest the time and travel the extra twelve miles east. better neighborhood and hotels
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

for starters, the front desk staff was pleasant. we inspected for bed bugs and it passed. after that, things went down hill... the major concern was the criminal activity that appeared to be going on by the tennants of the motel. men walked around with no shirts on and appeared high on narcotics - they were eyeballing us and our vehicle, which made us feel very uncomfortable. there was
repeated entering and exiting of the rooms next door which I suspect to have been drug or prostitution activity that went on until 4 or 5 am. I stayed up half the night because of the shouting which appeared to be a fight outside. it's clear that some of these people live here. there was no phone in the room to call the front desk. the shower was the worst I've ever seen - the water pressure was horrible and the shower head was way too short. there were only two small towels. if you're looking for drugs or prostitutes this is a great place to stay. for any other reason, I would choose somewhere else because it's clearly not safe. the only reason we stayed here is because of it's close proximity to the interstate. really wish we would have read the reviews beforehand. don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Country Hearth Inn Indianapolis? Share your experiences!