“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South

You added BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4450 Southport Crossing Dr., Indianapolis, IN 46237-3697   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #89 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
St. Louis, United States
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

It's a place to sleep, but if you're looking for anything else, you should look elsewhere. I stayed here for a tournament with a group and they didn't clean the rooms daily. It was very close to the venue and we needed 10 rooms, so it was virtually impossible for us to move - that's the only reason we stayed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
West Lafayette, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed here on a particularly busy week, and the rate was lower than other options. Front desk staff were friendly, check-in was pretty quick. Room was decent, if unremarkable. Carpet a little worn, and the clock was unplugged (I guess to save electricity?), but otherwise the furnishings were good, bedding was clean and comfortable, and bathroom was clean. Thermostat on AC unit wasn't working well, so the room was never as cool as I'd have liked.

The main drawback was that the internet signal was dreadful. Our room was fairly close to the front desk area, though on the second floor. A few devices couldn't receive the signal, and those that did got a really slow signal. Maybe it was because the hotel was full, but I wouldn't plan on using Skype or streaming video here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear abeagler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

I have discussed the issues with the AC and the internet with our Director of Engineering and we have resolved them.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 317-888-5588.

aurora, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

rooms dirty, pool dirty, had a free night, would not pay for this hotel. would not stay there again. the reason I had a free night best western sent me a $100.oo gift card, since the florida best western, tried to use our credit card info, an employee wrote the info down & tried to order stuff.

Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

I can understand how a very disturbing and unsavory experience may have left you with a poor impression of Best Western as a brand. I have discussed the cleanliness issues with our Director of Housekeeping and I do hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 317-888-5588.
Chesterton, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Hotel was clean, service was good. Breakfast wasn't bad. Cover on foot of bed was dirty, but clean sheets and comfortable beds. The room was average & supplied your basic iron, blow drier, fridge and microwave. I would consider staying there again.

Dear Carrie D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

I have discussed the cleanliness issue you spoke of with our Director of Housekeeping and we have corrected this issue.

Sylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very moldy in bathroom and dusty in guest room, just overall rundown and neglected. We will definitely not stay there again. That is the chance one has to take with Best Western.....some of the hotels are good and some very bad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ronald C,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are currently in a multistage renovation plan.
Updates this year have included:
New in room furniture, new draperies, new granite vanities and mirrors in the bathroom.
Updates to come this year:
New lighting in all the rooms and repainting of the entire exterior.
Updates coming in 2015:
New carpeting and new tile in the bathrooms.

Flat Lick, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had a death in the family almost all of the hotels were sold out in the area. Best Western is generally a decent hotel, decent prices. It could have been worse I guess, sewage smell from the pool was strong. Breakfast was a little below average of other Best Western's I've visited. I probably wouldn't stay there again.

Dear Elizabeth S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

I have spoken to our Director of Engineering concerning the odor you experienced, unfortunately we have not had such an occurrence happen again so it has been very difficult to ascertain the cause, but we have performed our regular maintenance and found no problems.

We are currently exploring some new and exciting options to improve our breakfast.

Denver, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Room dirty, bed cover dirty and stained, sheets thin, towels thin. Used shampoo and conditioner left in bathroom. Plastic drinking glass open and left on counter. Air conditioner didn't work. Breakfast skimpy and not good, danish had hair in it. Women and children STAY AWAY.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Christopher H,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

On behalf of the entire Best Western Indianapolis South team I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
I have spoken to our Director of Housekeeping regarding the issues with your room.

I would like to discus this with you further, please contact me either via email or calling the hotel directly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#126 of 184 in Indianapolis
Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South
Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South
#64 of 184 in Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 stars 46 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!