“best western indy south” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South

You added BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4450 Southport Crossing Dr., Indianapolis, IN 46237-3697   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #95 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
aurora, United States
“best western indy south”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

rooms dirty, pool dirty, had a free night, would not pay for this hotel. would not stay there again. the reason I had a free night best western sent me a $100.oo gift card, since the florida best western, tried to use our credit card info, an employee wrote the info down & tried to order stuff.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

I can understand how a very disturbing and unsavory experience may have left you with a poor impression of Best Western as a brand. I have discussed the cleanliness issues with our Director of Housekeeping and I do hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 317-888-5588.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chesterton, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Hotel was clean, service was good. Breakfast wasn't bad. Cover on foot of bed was dirty, but clean sheets and comfortable beds. The room was average & supplied your basic iron, blow drier, fridge and microwave. I would consider staying there again.

Dear Carrie D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

I have discussed the cleanliness issue you spoke of with our Director of Housekeeping and we have corrected this issue.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 317-888-5588.

Sylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very moldy in bathroom and dusty in guest room, just overall rundown and neglected. We will definitely not stay there again. That is the chance one has to take with Best Western.....some of the hotels are good and some very bad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ronald C,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are currently in a multistage renovation plan.
Updates this year have included:
New in room furniture, new draperies, new granite vanities and mirrors in the bathroom.
Updates to come this year:
New lighting in all the rooms and repainting of the entire exterior.
Updates coming in 2015:
New carpeting and new tile in the bathrooms.

Flat Lick, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had a death in the family almost all of the hotels were sold out in the area. Best Western is generally a decent hotel, decent prices. It could have been worse I guess, sewage smell from the pool was strong. Breakfast was a little below average of other Best Western's I've visited. I probably wouldn't stay there again.

Dear Elizabeth S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

I have spoken to our Director of Engineering concerning the odor you experienced, unfortunately we have not had such an occurrence happen again so it has been very difficult to ascertain the cause, but we have performed our regular maintenance and found no problems.

We are currently exploring some new and exciting options to improve our breakfast.

Denver, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Room dirty, bed cover dirty and stained, sheets thin, towels thin. Used shampoo and conditioner left in bathroom. Plastic drinking glass open and left on counter. Air conditioner didn't work. Breakfast skimpy and not good, danish had hair in it. Women and children STAY AWAY.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Christopher H,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

On behalf of the entire Best Western Indianapolis South team I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
I have spoken to our Director of Housekeeping regarding the issues with your room.

I would like to discus this with you further, please contact me either via email or calling the hotel directly.
Michigan City, Indiana, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We normally stay at a different Best Western in Indy, but they were booked, so we chose this one. We found friendly staff, a clean/comfortable room, quick internet access, easy to find/great location....... we just weren't crazy about the breakfast. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Glidergal,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

If you would like to share any improvements we could make to our breakfast please contact me via email bestwesternindysouth@gmail.com as we are always happy to accept guest input.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy!
Crystal Lake, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Upon our arrival, after check-in, we entered our room and turned on the air conditioner. It took approximately an hour before it started to cool, and didn't really cool at all. We had the janitor in our room to help who said the A/C wasn' tworking and would have to switch it out with another. In the meantime, the toilet wouldn't flush. When all was said and done, we were finally able to get to bed after 11 pm just to get up at 4 am. The toilet issue was not completely resolved; however, and we, the guests, had to use a plunger all next day in order to use the toilet because their wasn't an avaialble maintenance person until evening! Are you kidding me?

I then called Best Western after we left (no manager onsite the entire weekend), and it took almost a month for the front desk manager to tell me he couldn't do anything because I booked through Travelocity. Now I have to be compensated through Travelocity....good luck there. I wil never stay at this location again! The service is HORRIBLE.

And, to top it off, the headboard on the bed was dirty! Full of dust!

Room Tip: Do not book this location; look elsewhere!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
agilityk9z,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

Our goal is to provide our guests with superior customer care, we have fallen well short of this goal. The issues you experienced would be incredibly frustrating and I do understand your dissatisfaction with our service. Equipment does fail, however that is no excuse for promptly handling this situation. I have discussed this issue with our Director of Engineering and our entire maintenance team. We have reenforced our training on dealing with these issues.

Unfortunately at the property level we are very limited on compensating a guest who books through Travelocity or any other "third party" booking company. I would like to discuss with you some of the few options we do have. Please contact me either via email bestwesternindysouth@gmail.com or by calling the hotel directly.

Been to BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!