“Perfect place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South

You added BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4450 Southport Crossing Dr., Indianapolis, IN 46237-3697   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #92 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Sao Paulo, SP
“Perfect place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Front desk helpful,Thanks Rosa.
Rooms large and everything work.
Local safe.
Location Excellent.
Parking safe.
Breakfast excellent.
Internet very very fast.
Many restaurants and fast food with walking distance.
Near Indianapolis .
I stay 6 nights and stay again next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 317-888-5588.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

In the things that matter this hotel provides: rooms & public areas were clean; the breakfast was varied and plentiful, the staff was friendly, and the price was definitely right!
The middle rating is entirely for aesthetics/decor: lobby is spartan, doorways behind counter look like they are covered by shower curtains, pool area is rather industrial, rooms are on the small side, and furniture and carpets have seen better days. There was, at some point, an attempt to update room decor, ie bedding and pictures. Although the furniture was a bit beat up is was all clean, no stains. The pool is small & there is no hot tub.
If you are used to luxury hotels this is not for you. If you are on a budget and looking for a decent place to stay, this is for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear MorwensCat,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We are currently in the early stages of property renovation and we hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Princeton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. There were xtra pillows and the check in was fast and courteous! The hotel was also located near plenty of family activities. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Jennifer B,

Wilmington, D
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We checked into a first floor room at this Best Western late on the night of August 8, 2012. The light over the entry was dim. When I turned on the lamps between the two beds I saw that the inside of the lampshade was badly cracked and split. When I turned the lampshade (thinking I was turning the bad side to the wall) more of the plastic liner sprinkled down onto the nightstand. We turned on the tv to watch the last 20 minutes of the Olympics. All was fine ... for 10 minutes. Then, all figures on the screen turned red ... and then the screen went black. This happened again and again in the morning when we tried to watch the news. The furniture seemed worn out, terribly marked up but clean. The rug looked like it needed a good cleaning. The bathroom appeared to be clean. While the two people checking us in and then out were friendly I would not stay here again. This hotel is in a convenient location for travelers but is surrounded by other places to stay that I would consider before returning here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Carol P,

We are currently in the opening stages of a major property improvement which our early projections show us being complete by mid 2013. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 317-888-5588.
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great location on the South Side of Indy. Easy access to all points of interest. Room was very clean, and smelled nice (a big thing for me-I hate walking into a stinky hotel room!). The bed was super comfy. We stayed in a room with a whirlpool tub-very nice! The front desk clerks were so nice and helpful! They went over and above to make sure we liked the room and that everything was up to par. Will stay again, and truly recommend to everyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aj S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Nora N,

Buffalo, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We booked this hotel for one of the final nights of our vacation and arrived after a long drive from North Carolina's coast. I had called two hours before to see that everything would be ready including a roll-away since we'd be arriving about midnight. The front desk person said the roll-aways were all checked out but he would see that we had extra comforters to make a bed on the floor for a few of the kids in our party. Expecting to see the comforters laying on the bed for me to put out, I was pleasantly surprised to see that he had prepared a very nice comfy area on the floor as well as set up and made the pull-out couch. The room was totally ready for 2 adults and 4 children to fall into bed when we arrived. The breakfast was good too and very clean, no sticky floors.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Errol H,

Jenison MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We spent 4 nights here Aug 8-12. We had been here before during the same time 2 years ago and the hotel was just fine. On this trip, we could not take our shoes off in the room (132) as the carpet was grossly filthy. When we showered in the morning, our feet were black from walking around the room barefoot for the few seconds it took to get out of bed and into the shower. The shower water looked like we'd been walking barefoot outside all day when it was less than a couple of minutes in the room. I'd suggest walking around with your shoes on unless you want to ruin socks or enjoy taking showers. If we had to spend significant time in the room, we'd have probably found another place, but we were only there to sleep.

Otherwise, the place was decently maintained. The outside remains very dated looking. Breakfast was cereal, pastry & breads, scrambled eggs, suasage gravy & biscuits, waffles and yogurt. Orange & apple juice as well as coffee were also available. There is a small dining area with a few tables.

There are plenty of restaurants/bars in the area and it's a quick and easy drive to get downtown.

This place is OK if you have a room with clean carpet. Otherwise, wear your shoes and enjoy your stay. For the extra couple of bucks, I think I'll stay next door at the Fairmont instead of staying here a 3rd time next August.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear eemis,

I have spoken with the Director of Housekeeping about the issues you encountered during your stay and we have corrected the problem.

Been to BEST WESTERN Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!