“Are you kidding me?” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Are you kidding me?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were incredibly disappointed with Famous Dave's. The service was awful for us, which I definitely can forgive, but the food was bad too, which is unforgivable.

I am not kidding when I say that I ordered a 17 dollar meal and had two small quarter sized plops of meat on texas toast and a couple sides. I literally did a double take.

My husband had the same experience. We are both slim healthy people and we don t need a lot of food, but I expected a lot more for what we paid.

Plus as far as taste it was very blah typical barbeque. You are WAY better off going down the road to City Barbeque with consistent amazing food and service than ever going here.

Ugh, definitely time and money I will never get back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Dave's a winner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We have had lunch here twice a month for just about as long as they have been open. Very good service in the bar. Is it the best BBQ I've had? Probably the best you will get at a national chain. The ribs are awsome and the pulled chicken is hard to beat. The corn bread side is mouth watering. Salads are popular here. Great sides mostly on the spicy side. They don't do well with salmon. Stick to the turf here. I've never been disappointed here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northern California
“Our Texan Friend Says It's Good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

One member of our party was from Texas, and so we asked him for his opinion. He says it was pretty good, for Indianapolis. Meat cleanly came off the bones, sides were expected. His only complaint was that the cornbread was sweet.

Visited August 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The ribs were cooked to perfection. The staff was friendly and the service was quick. They have cornbread muffins that are very good...almost like eating a cake.

Visited July 2012
“Best of the three BBQ places in this area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Of the three nearby BBQ places, this is our favorite. The Wilbur beans is my favorite side. The two-meat combo is a great deal especially when you come for lunch or the early bird special (before 5:30p). Ribs are great. Probably the pulled pork is second favorite. Nothing great about the atmosphere to note. Convenient near the Greenwood Mall.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere