“The room was super nice and I loved the jetted tub for...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd.

You added Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd. to your Saves list
Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5797 Rockville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #67 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

TWO THUMBS DOWN –
TO TRAVELOCITY, WINGATE BY WYNDHAM AND AMERICAN EXPRESS

Please heed my warning. I am 69 years of age and NOT a seasoned traveler.
On Sept. 28 I was looking for one nights lodging for Oct. 19 through Travelocity.
The site showed 5 rooms available at Wingate by Wyndham, Indianapolis.
On the first three, in bright green letters, “free cancellation” appeared.
I assumed all 5 were the same. Not so, the two rooms I picked were
non-refundable and I did not realize my mistake till I called Travelocity to
cancel because of serious family issues on Oct. 1, 18 days in advance of the
reservation date (Ref. #X901384). Sorry they said, WINDGATE by WYNDHAM
will be keeping the full $342.62. They said I should have known, after all it was
there in small black letters. Well, I made a mistake. I did not know, and I would
never book a non-refundable room. Who does? So, I disputed the charge with
AMERICAN EXPRESS. After all I have been with AMEX for 27 years and surely
they will help me. Of course AMERICAN EXPRESS contacted Travelocity, but sorry,
there is nothing AMEX can do as they are not in position to influence hotel policy.
So take care out there friends, do not expect hotels, travel sites or credit card
companies to have your back – it is all about the money. FYI, I did not use the rooms
and they got the money. I will never use nor will I recommend TRAVELOCITY or
any WYNDHAM properties and I am reconsidering my association with American Express.

A naive traveler

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
wingateindyairport, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and to let us know how unhappy you are. If you would have called the hotel and talked to our General Manager, we could have worked something out. We held those rooms for you until 7am the next day. The rooms went out as "no show rooms". We were sold out that weekend and could have sold those rooms. Travelocity never contacted us about you wanting to cancel the reservations. We take pride in our customer service and wished we could have helped you.
Dubuque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We've stayed here several times and plan to stay again. We enjoy the hotel and staff - good hot breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

wingateindyairport, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We take pride in our customer service we provide. Hope you will stay with us again.
Hudson, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am in the area on business about once each year, and have stayed at the Wingate a few times. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is pretty much the standard mid-level hotel breakfast, although I thought the quality of the items at this hotel was just slightly better than average. I think Wingate is a bargain for the price, comparing favorably with other mid-range chains. This particular property seems to be showing just a little wear and tear, particularly in the bathroom of the room I had this time. There were some rust stains around the bathtub drain, a little wrinkling and pulling away of the wallpaper, etc. It was nothing that detracted from the comfort and convenience of my stay, it just looks like it could use some refreshing. Otherwise, I really like this property and think it is a good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
wingateindyairport, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., responded to this review, October 28, 2013

Been to Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd.

Address: 5797 Rockville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224
Location: United States > Indiana > Indianapolis
#36 Romantic Hotel in Indianapolis
#61 Business Hotel in Indianapolis
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate Inn - Indianapolis Airport Hotel Indianapolis
Wingate Hotel Indianapolis Airport

If you own or manage Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.