“Typical hotel for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465

You added Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9370 Waldemar Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #130 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Goshen, Indiana
“Typical hotel for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

For a one night stay it was a fine place. The lobby was very nice, the staff were polite. Our rooms were on the first floor, appeared clean and I thought the toaster and microwave were very handy. It is not a new hotel by any means and is a bit worn down. But for the short time we were there it did it's job.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

For the people who give this hotel four or five stars and call this hotel "clean" either have seriously low standards for cleanliness or somehow there are a few rooms in the building they keep nice just to surprise people!

I would honestly give this a zero rating if I could. Here is why:

I arrive at the hotel at midnight and check in. The front desk staff is courteous and responsive. I will give this hotel credit for the one thing they have right. The lobby is very nice, so my expectations were at least a clean room.

I walk through the lobby with my family into a run down and carpet and wall stained hallway. I even have pictures to prove it, if anybody doubts.

I get to the room, the lock on the room is broken and hanging off the door a little bit. I walk in to find a initially nasty looking room. Upon closer inspection I find we have a single bed room, when I reserved a double bed room. We have five people in our party, so this was not conducive to good sleeping arrangements. I would have called to change to a double room but it was apparent to me after the first minute if being in there that we won't be staying there for the rest of our reservation.

Next, there were ants all over the floor. There were ants on the bed and couches. There were cockroaches scantering about in the kitchen.

The couch had stains on it. Gross.

The curtains has blue, green and white goo on them. Brown smears on the bedroom wall, maybe chocolate but I wasn't going to check.

The bathroom door would not close all of the way.

The bathtub was dirty and had hair and grime in it. The shower curtain was stained,

We had no toilet paper and no toilet paper holder in our room. We managed to call to get extra sheets and toilet paper, so you know, we could us the bathroom and sleep.

The bedding was disgusting, there were cigarette burns, stains and holes in it, mother pillows were down. After I requested polyester or cotton and was assured by the hotel staff when I made my reservation that they ABSOLUTELY had NO down pillows, I was pretty pissed. I have down allergies. I managed to call and have them bring me a regular pillow, thankfully.

The thermostat was hanging off the wall and was broken. It didn't work. Luckily it was a comfortable temperature.

The curtains wouldn't close all of the way, which was problematic due to the fact there was a floodlight directly right outside the bedroom shining in my face the whole night.

There was only one remote for the two TV's in the room.

The carpet was stained.

The room was smelly and there was smoke smell and tall tell signs of a smoker being in the room because of the yellowing on the walls. (I requested a non smoking room)

The sink was dirty.

There were only two mismatched forks and two mismatched plates. Not much to work with if you expected to have a usable kitchen.

Again, I have no idea how someone could consider this hotel clean. No idea. As for "you get what you pay for", I went to the Embassy Suites after this and paid only $10 more per night and the quality and experience was off the charts compared to this place.

Believe me, this is not worth the $100 bucks per night. Or $80. For that price, stay at a Super 8 and save yourself the pain.

Room Tip: Just don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were not ready,flloors were not cleaned, stench coming from the sofa and stains on the mattress. Then to top it off the place is Roach infested. State Board of Health needs to shut this hotel down. Not worth the value of what we paid.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have stayed in numerous hotels, around the US, quite a few in Indy. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my own worst enemy. Our first room was infested with ants, unclean fridge, stains all on the pull out couch, just dirty! Because of the ants we were switched to another room. Same problems,just no ants. Hair on walls and sheets, stains in countertops, the fridge and stove are nice to have in rooms, but never would eat anything from it (actually went to get something quick to eat and would NOT bring it back to the room), because it's so filthy, and major ROACH problem! When we went to the service desk, numerous people down there complaining (probably because their phones were broken in the rooms). No matter what the price of this hotel is, just DON'T do it! Because of a big conference, there was no other places to go. There is no way we could stay, called a friend and stayed with them for the night. Ridiculous that this place is up and running.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

After finding roaches, ants, dirty rooms( one guest didn't have a shower curtain) no sheets, bed bugs and being switched to a couple of rooms we left to go sleep in our van. The free WiFi didn't work even. By far the worst hotel stay in history.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Filthy sink (several shaving hairs from previous guest - gross). Leaky bathtub faucet that dripped all night long. No tissues (kleenex) or plastic cups to use while brushing teeth - two inexpensive items that make a big difference when you don't have them in your room. No shampoo/conditioner sample size bottles. The only provided toiletry was a circle of facial soap (the size of a half dollar). Filthy refridgerator with leftover food particles and sunflower seeds scattered inside. Handle on the fridge was extremely dirty and could have been sparkling white with the wipe of a Magic Eraser. For the price paid, we could have stayed somewhere nicer and more importantly, cleaner! The best thing about the hotel was the front desk staff. Very friendly! I can't comment about the free continental breakfast as we chose to not eat there after seeing our filthy room. I peeked at the lobby breakfast nook on our way out however, and didn't see much other than bananas and cereal, coffee and juice.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel down the street. We found plenty to choose from after we had already checked i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel fell well below our expectations. Walls were filthy, the was
carpet stained. Ants in room. Rude staff. The front desk person came to spray the ants and just left the dead ants on the counter and said "I guess you shouldn't use the kitchen now." Tv screen was all scratched up. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465? Share your experiences!