“Worst Ever - Smelled Like a Dead Body!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465

Bookmark
You added Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9370 Waldemar Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #130 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Imperial, Pennsylvania
“Worst Ever - Smelled Like a Dead Body!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have never had a poor experience that I felt the need to review like this! We walked in and it smelled like something died. The room was dusty, so I asked that they "re-clean" it. They did, but the smell did not go away...it was all through the halls as well. The key cards would not work and took four trips to the desk to get fixed. "Free breakfast" was a joke. Since kids stay free, I expected at LEAST cereal, juice, toast, bagels. We got coffee on ONE of TWO days, oatmeal, and pre-packaged muffins. NOTHING FOR THE KIDS TO DRINK! There were people banging on the walls at 4AM on night and kids screaming another. The temp in the room was icebox or sauna. The bathtub had tape on it. The sink leaked. If I had not pre-paid an known I could call on a weekend, I would have run for the nearest whatever hotel! DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very nice motel for the price. It came with a full kitchen: full size refrigerator, stove, microwave and double kitchen sink. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. It also had a nice continental breakfast included.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor,but it was easily accessible. Any floor will work for everyone.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It was ok for the price, stayed there a week and that was the most I could take anyways, anything longer would have been too much. Breakfast was included and it was non-existant. Even though all I really get is coffee in the morning, they were usually out and not much else there too to eat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I knew coming in that this was a budget hotel so my expectations were not high. However, I did not expect to feel so unsafe. After checking in I had a guy try to stop the elevator door from closing but was not able to. Because he was not able to get into the elevator he ran up the stairs and was waiting for me when the elevator doors opened. He then proceeded to follow me to my room. When I got to my room he asked if I was staying there alone. I immediately turned around and ran out of the hotel and did not come back until the next morning. When I came back he again was there. I ran into my room and packed up all of my things to leave. There was no way I was going to stay in a place that I felt so unsafe in. Just before I left he slid notes under the door with creepy messages on them. Now I know that this could happen at any place so I am in no way saying it is the hotels fault, but when I tried to talk to management and get someone to help me, no one would. From my experience there was rarely anyone at the front desk. Which also did not make me feel safe or helped. Also, when you try to walk in through the main entrance it is nearly impossible and you have to hold your breath because to area around the entrance was surrounded by people smoking. I literally had to ask them to move.

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Northeast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Each night there was a crowd that would "hang out" in the parking lot. Did not feel safe.

They apparently had only one luggage cart that seemed to entirely disappear from time to time. Had to carry my luggage, cooler, etc, by hand to my car at checkout. (Seems locals may "borrow" the cart from time to time?) They should buy two more carts. Maybe put a wireless beeper on the cart that the front desk can trigger when the cart is "lost."

No oven for baking. Carpet needed to be cleaned, not just vacuumed.

Will stay at one of the other ESA properties next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This property is average at best. The interior is dated (green carpet, etc.) and the rooms are really showing their age. When we arrived, we had to ask for shampoo, one of the beds was off it's base, and the kitchen was barely stocked with utensils (not to mention there was no soap to wash up any dishes). In the morning, their "breakfast" amounted to coffee, instant oatmeal, and pre-packaged muffins (probably from the nearby Costco) and one morning, there was only coffee and the oatmeal. The location is great so next time, we will select one of the other hotels in that area to stay and wave as we pass by this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We normally stay at extended stay, and this was by far the best experience ever! The room was great. Very clean, double sinks and a huge oval tub. The staff friendly and the room was a huge value. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465? Share your experiences!