“Nice Property but Crowd in Parking Lot and Luggage Cart Missing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9370 Waldemar Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #128 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Northeast
“Nice Property but Crowd in Parking Lot and Luggage Cart Missing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Each night there was a crowd that would "hang out" in the parking lot. Did not feel safe.

They apparently had only one luggage cart that seemed to entirely disappear from time to time. Had to carry my luggage, cooler, etc, by hand to my car at checkout. (Seems locals may "borrow" the cart from time to time?) They should buy two more carts. Maybe put a wireless beeper on the cart that the front desk can trigger when the cart is "lost."

No oven for baking. Carpet needed to be cleaned, not just vacuumed.

Will stay at one of the other ESA properties next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This property is average at best. The interior is dated (green carpet, etc.) and the rooms are really showing their age. When we arrived, we had to ask for shampoo, one of the beds was off it's base, and the kitchen was barely stocked with utensils (not to mention there was no soap to wash up any dishes). In the morning, their "breakfast" amounted to coffee, instant oatmeal, and pre-packaged muffins (probably from the nearby Costco) and one morning, there was only coffee and the oatmeal. The location is great so next time, we will select one of the other hotels in that area to stay and wave as we pass by this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We normally stay at extended stay, and this was by far the best experience ever! The room was great. Very clean, double sinks and a huge oval tub. The staff friendly and the room was a huge value. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was very disappointed to be moved here from a related hotel (Homestead Suites, which was highly recommended by a friend) two days before my trip. Calls to the staff and requests to speak to a manager went nowhere. They promised to have manager call back which never happened.

Though I don't mind a budget hotel, the quality level here was below the lowest expectations. The lobby looks nice and deceiving. The hallways smelled funny. Our room had dents in the walls, and couch was stained. I noticed a few ants on the wall. In the morning when we were leaving I found the ants had gotten into my messenger bag and were crawling onto my laptop. This could have fried something had they go inside. The front desk gave the impression they'd had this problem before and sent someone to have them vacuumed, but this didn't take care of all of them (consider some taro traps in the future!). When leaving I told the staff I was unhappy with my stay, but they seemed to have the attitude that they couldn't do anything.

I would not ever stay here again, or book at Homestead Suites, because they might send me here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, March 19, 2013

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a wonderful staff they have at the ESA but their building rally needs some upgrades. Wilma was great at checkin taking care of a few little problems that we had with some silverware and needing some extra cups. The hallway carpet in the entire building needs to be replaced. It is wrinkled every where and could become a tripping hazard for guest that have a hard time getting around. The interior paint needs updated. When you walk in the colors are vey dull and outdated. All the common areas were very clean and well maintained. Overall this was a great experience and I look forward to traveling to Indy so that I can return to this property.

Room Tip: From listening to guest during breakfast it sounds like the 1st Floor is the place to be
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Saginaw, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not the best but worth the money especially if you are only sleeping there. The room fit 6 adults fairly comfortably. Tiny double beds and sofa bed but acceptable. Not a huge breakfast but coffee, instant oatmeal, muffins and granola bars to go. Kitchen area not well equipped for actual eating. Microwave worked and we had the fridge so that was good.

• Stayed February 2013
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
It was very kind of you Ms. Sherry L. to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels (sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Apparently a recently acquired property by this company. Pay attention to driving directions, another property with the same name within a half mile, and street access to this location is a bit buried behind other commercial properties.

Be aware that as with many extended stay lodgings, day to day housekeeping is not what you would receive at a hotel/motel. Only bath amenity provided was bar soap. Towels in serious need of upgrading. Rooms/space on the small side, furnishings a bit worn. Flat screen tv's in living room and bedroom.

Helpful front desk staff. No on-site dining, but plenty of chain restaurants with a half mile. Overall lodging experience was in line with the room rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, February 4, 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465? Share your experiences!