“WONDERFUL STAFF, building needs some upgrades” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465

You added Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9370 Waldemar Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #130 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“WONDERFUL STAFF, building needs some upgrades”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a wonderful staff they have at the ESA but their building rally needs some upgrades. Wilma was great at checkin taking care of a few little problems that we had with some silverware and needing some extra cups. The hallway carpet in the entire building needs to be replaced. It is wrinkled every where and could become a tripping hazard for guest that have a hard time getting around. The interior paint needs updated. When you walk in the colors are vey dull and outdated. All the common areas were very clean and well maintained. Overall this was a great experience and I look forward to traveling to Indy so that I can return to this property.

Room Tip: From listening to guest during breakfast it sounds like the 1st Floor is the place to be
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, March 19, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saginaw, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not the best but worth the money especially if you are only sleeping there. The room fit 6 adults fairly comfortably. Tiny double beds and sofa bed but acceptable. Not a huge breakfast but coffee, instant oatmeal, muffins and granola bars to go. Kitchen area not well equipped for actual eating. Microwave worked and we had the fridge so that was good.

• Stayed February 2013
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
It was very kind of you Ms. Sherry L. to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels (sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Apparently a recently acquired property by this company. Pay attention to driving directions, another property with the same name within a half mile, and street access to this location is a bit buried behind other commercial properties.

Be aware that as with many extended stay lodgings, day to day housekeeping is not what you would receive at a hotel/motel. Only bath amenity provided was bar soap. Towels in serious need of upgrading. Rooms/space on the small side, furnishings a bit worn. Flat screen tv's in living room and bedroom.

Helpful front desk staff. No on-site dining, but plenty of chain restaurants with a half mile. Overall lodging experience was in line with the room rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, February 4, 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Staff is great. Housekeeping Great. Price. Over the past ten years i have stopped in at one time or anther at this hotel. It is not perfect, but O'kay. Some of the hotel personel are from other hotels and provided great service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, November 7, 2012

Cayuga, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times over the past year. I rarely experienced any negatives issues. The only negative ones that I had were 1) someone either smoking in the hallway or in their room because the smell was in the hallway and 2) a shower curtain in one of my rooms reeked of a moldy smell and there were stains on the shower curtain. I wonder if they have any spare shower curtains because I requested a clean shower curtain and they said they didn't have any clean ones and that they could only move me to another room.

Room Tip: I always had a lower level room and close to an exit. I would say that the south side rooms would b...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your shower curtain wasn't replaced and that you weren't 100% satisfied with your stay. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again at the. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays at 317.471.0700 and ask for Joshua Eaton or Christine Striby and we can personally make your reservation for you here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Check-in went smoothly, room was plenty big for myself and two daughters, everything was clean, but... every afternoon when we returned from our activities, the keys didn't work. We were on the third floor so always had to trek back down to get them re-charged (until I finally got smart enough to have them charge them on our way past the front desk!).
The website boasts a fully equipped kitchen. Well, our room slept four, but there were only place settings for two. Only two skillets, so we couldn't fix pasta or something similar. No sharp knife to cut fruit. No napkins or paper towels.
Coffee bar only had coffee, muffins, and a bit of fruit - not even hot water for hot tea or hot chocolate.
Biggest complaint, however, is all the smoking in and around the hotel. Apparently, it is now law for hotels in that area to be completely non-smoking in the building, as well as within 8 feet of the front door. Nearly every time we walked through the door, people were smoking. When I mentioned it to the front desk lady, she reluctantly said she would go talk to them. Walking through the halls, you could tell that people were smoking in their rooms. One fellow was even standing right by the elevator with a lit cigarette in his mouth. I am all for smokers being allowed to smoke in certain areas, but when you're as allergic as I am to cigarette smoke, it's very frustrating to be hit by it nearly everywhere in the building.
Pool was ok but was closed the last day for an indefinite period of time for a painting project. Exercise room and laundry room available but I never used them in the week I was there.

Room Tip: If you have more than two people in your group, ask for a room larger than a studio. If you can affo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Outstanding service and outstanding cleanness of my room. Staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi was excellent. I would recommend anyone staying here. I'm happy and pleased.

Room Tip: Full size refrigerator love it. The flat screen TV was very nice. My A/C stayed cool all 10 days nic...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465? Share your experiences!