Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9370 Waldemar Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #128 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Staff is great. Housekeeping Great. Price. Over the past ten years i have stopped in at one time or anther at this hotel. It is not perfect, but O'kay. Some of the hotel personel are from other hotels and provided great service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, November 7, 2012

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cayuga, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times over the past year. I rarely experienced any negatives issues. The only negative ones that I had were 1) someone either smoking in the hallway or in their room because the smell was in the hallway and 2) a shower curtain in one of my rooms reeked of a moldy smell and there were stains on the shower curtain. I wonder if they have any spare shower curtains because I requested a clean shower curtain and they said they didn't have any clean ones and that they could only move me to another room.

Room Tip: I always had a lower level room and close to an exit. I would say that the south side rooms would b...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your shower curtain wasn't replaced and that you weren't 100% satisfied with your stay. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again at the. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays at 317.471.0700 and ask for Joshua Eaton or Christine Striby and we can personally make your reservation for you here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Check-in went smoothly, room was plenty big for myself and two daughters, everything was clean, but... every afternoon when we returned from our activities, the keys didn't work. We were on the third floor so always had to trek back down to get them re-charged (until I finally got smart enough to have them charge them on our way past the front desk!).
The website boasts a fully equipped kitchen. Well, our room slept four, but there were only place settings for two. Only two skillets, so we couldn't fix pasta or something similar. No sharp knife to cut fruit. No napkins or paper towels.
Coffee bar only had coffee, muffins, and a bit of fruit - not even hot water for hot tea or hot chocolate.
Biggest complaint, however, is all the smoking in and around the hotel. Apparently, it is now law for hotels in that area to be completely non-smoking in the building, as well as within 8 feet of the front door. Nearly every time we walked through the door, people were smoking. When I mentioned it to the front desk lady, she reluctantly said she would go talk to them. Walking through the halls, you could tell that people were smoking in their rooms. One fellow was even standing right by the elevator with a lit cigarette in his mouth. I am all for smokers being allowed to smoke in certain areas, but when you're as allergic as I am to cigarette smoke, it's very frustrating to be hit by it nearly everywhere in the building.
Pool was ok but was closed the last day for an indefinite period of time for a painting project. Exercise room and laundry room available but I never used them in the week I was there.

Room Tip: If you have more than two people in your group, ask for a room larger than a studio. If you can affo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Outstanding service and outstanding cleanness of my room. Staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi was excellent. I would recommend anyone staying here. I'm happy and pleased.

Room Tip: Full size refrigerator love it. The flat screen TV was very nice. My A/C stayed cool all 10 days nic...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Southern Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

While this hotel was clean and the bed was comfy, everything else was bad enough to outweigh the good. We waited at the front desk to check in and ended up having to call the number on the booking to tell someone we were at the desk waiting to check in. A lady, looking completely disturbed by our presence, came out a door right next to the desk. Our first set of keys didn't work, so I went back to the desk and waited...and waited, until my husband called again. The same lady acted like it was our fault. once we finally got in the room we were highly disappointed. The bathroom is at the foot of the bed, basically. When my husband had to get up early the next morning, I had no choice but to wake up too since the bathroom light was shining right onto the bed. The walls were paper thin and there was noise from others, highway traffic, and sirens most of the night. Breakfast was virtually non existent. They had bagels and butter. No juice or coffee. We were looking for a cheap clean room just to spend the night so I guess we got what we paid for but I would not recommend payig $10 to stay there. I'm not a picky person and don't usually leave bad reviews like this. I try to be honest about these things.

• Stayed June 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our "Breakfast To Go" menu, because as it is our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our typical items include gourmet coffee, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked this hotel figuring that I only needed a clean, comfortable room before giving a speech in Indianapolis the following morning. I arrived at the hotel Saturday night to be welcomed by a strange man hanging out in the lobby and no desk staff. After about five minutes a pleasant woman arrived and promptly checked me in.

I went to my room, and along the way was greeted with dogs barking, and strange cooking smells emitting from the rooms. When I got to my room, the stench of smoke made it impossible to breathe (this was supposed to be a non-smoking room). I turned around and went back downstairs to the front desk to request another room.

The young woman quickly reassigned me without any issue.

Again, I made my way up to my room, again, smelling all sorts of smells and hearing all sorts of sounds. I debated staying there, but because I had already paid via Expedia, figured I should just stick it out. Big mistake.

While the second room I got was smoke-free, the dingy furnishings (a shredded mattress, and grungy carpet), moldy shower, and thin, scratchy sheets did not make me feel comfortable. Add to that the noisy refrigerator, and needless to say, I did not get a good night's sleep.

When I checked out, the young woman at the front desk was pleasant and asked how my stay was. I debated on unloading my list of things wrong, and figured it wasn't worth it. I just said it was "ok", and not very convincingly at that.

Next time, I will pay the extra money and ensure that I get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff.  Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals.  Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.  Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page).  I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

When we made arrangements to attend a function at the nearby Smart Center, the business manager suggested this hotel as convenient to their location (and all the other dealerships on 96th). It was also very reasonably priced. So I called to verify vacancies for the date we would need a room, and the room rate. I was disappointed to hear that there were no king sized beds- (so we booked a full/queen), and there was no room service available. I was pleased that the room rate was so low (I haven't stayed in a hotel for less than $40 since people were break dancing in parachute pants!) and I was happy to hear that there was a pizza place that delivered to the hotel and there were several nice restaurants nearby, so I made the reservation.

A few days later, I realized I had not received my confirmation email. So, to be "on the safe side" (read, because my other half insisted), I called to make sure we had a room reserved. It was a good thing I did (read, yes, she was right) because there was no record of my reservation in their computer, and we did not have a room reserved, despite my phone reservation. The hotel manager was apologetic, and quickly booked our room for the original quoted rate and sent me an email confirmation.

The night we checked in, the GPS eventually got us to the hotel, but using the GPS we had to drive through a residential subdivision. Ordinarily, this would not be a big deal, but this particular neighborhood has the largest speed bumps running across the road that I have ever seen. Seriously, who needs speed bumps nearly a foot high? Who needs speed bumps a foot high every 20 feet for a quarter of a mile? After slowly dragging the underside of our car over the third or fourth speed bump, and gritting our teeth to the sound of metal and plastic grinding against these asphalt speed humps from hell, I decided to turn back and find an alternate route. The GPS found one- by going only one block further, and it took us directly to the hotel parking lot- without any speed bumps...

We arrived at 10:30pm (we had changed time zones on the drive), and the clerk quickly got us checked in. We were disappointed to learn however, that all of the nearby restaurants, bar and grill places, even the fast food joints, cater specifically to the nearby businesses and as a result, all of them, and I mean all of them, closed at 9 or 10pm. Because it was a week night, even the pizza place closed early. In short, there are only 2 places within several miles to get any sort of food in this area after 10pm- Mc D's, or BurgerK. So, after hours of driving, we had to get back in the car and head out for a paper sack full of drive-thru, deep fried, greasy grub, and a couple of "cokes."

As for the room, the room itself was small, but not as small as some of the hotel rooms I've stayed in, our room was probably around 12 x 12. The kitchenette is open to the room and there is a small table separating the spaces. There is not enough room for a sofa, but there was a recliner parked in the corner. There was nothing in the room that wasn't functional or appeared to be heavily used or dirty. The ac appeared to be newer, and worked fine. The room was very clean, but appeared somewhat dated. We did not use the appliances, except for the refrigerator and the coffee maker- both of which worked fine (the coffee was awful however-bring your own if you can). The bathroom was very clean and it had a full size tub with a shower. The water pressure was good, and there were no problems with temp fluctuations during bathing. Oddly, there was no shampoo in the shower, and when we noticed this the next morning we remembered that a guest came down while we were checking in to get shampoo. Maybe shampoo is provided upon request or something like ketchup at the McD's drive thru?... The bed was very firm (I had no problem, but the wife didn't sleep well because it was too firm for her). The pillows were the typical synthetic, non-allergic spun polyester type (which should make all of the asthmatics in your party giggle with glee) but if you use just one pillow, your head will sink to the mattress, (which I suppose could also be an issue for stomach sleepers...)

The next morning, We looked out the window to find the parking lot nearly completely empty, and commented on the fact that we never heard any sounds from outside of our room. With the exception of the repeated, high pitched, angry screaming and squeals of someone's precious little darling outside our door "No!, I want the ...(something or other)" as we packed up to check out, we never heard anything from the adjoining rooms or the hallway. So noise was generally not a problem.

Checkout was easy, and took all of twenty seconds. We were not disappointed with the hotel for the amount it cost for us to stay there. We probably will not stay there again, because we honestly don't really have a reason to return to the area. I think for a business professional who doesn't have an expense account, and isn't reimbursed by his or her crooked employer for overnight stays in this area however, it would be a good, inexpensive option, as long as you are able to hit the nearby restaurants before 9pm, you double check your reservation, bring your own pillow, coffee and shampoo and you don't expect the four seasons or the fairmont for $40.

Room Tip: Confirm your reservation by phone and ask for the best rate.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - I-465? Share your experiences!