“Watch Out for Fleas” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Watch Out for Fleas”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

First room was flea infested. Jumped all over me when I walked in. They moved me to a new room that was smoke infested. Next day moved to another room. My dog now has fleas even though I use flea medication. Now I am spending money to get her de-fleaed. Do not recommend this hotel. AC was very loud as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
kvanderipe, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to enter a review on Trip Advisor. I am deeply sorry that you had a negative experience at the Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North College Park. We are a company that does accept pets and unfortunately with this comes the possibility of fleas that come off the animals. We do take steps to deep clean and treat all guest rooms if we know that a pet has been present. If we do not have knowledge of a pet in the room, we do not always get this procedure done and it can lead to an unpleasant stay for other guests. Once again, I am very sorry about your experience and I really do hope that you will give us one more try next time you come to Indianapolis.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Gary, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I made reservations online after reading about almost every other hotel in the area. The Red Roof Inn website advertised recent renovations for the property. I decided to give them a try because it seemed to be a good deal. The property is less than a half-mile from where I usually stay when in Indy.We checked in after midnight, and the young lady who checked us in was very nice.The exterior and hallways/stairways were not freshly renovated. I was pleasantly surprised with the room. The decor was new and modern. The room was clean and comfortable. One wall had been patched but, they never came back to sand and paint-not a big deal for me. The beds seemed to be original to the room. They were a bit springy when I sat on them. Oddly enough, they made for a good nights sleep. I think you'll have a tough time finding a better room for the money. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
kvanderipe, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments on TripAdvisor! I am so pleased that you did give us a try and that you were pleased with your experience. The renovated rooms did include all new Serta mattress and box springs; this is probably why they felt “springy”. The staff tries to go out of their way to make sure all of our guests feel welcome and at home. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to the Indy area.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The lady at the front desk was very pleasant. I had made a reservation a few hours in advance online for $59.99 but later found later a coupon advertising the same room for $45.99 and the lady honored it. The room was clean, spacious and pleasant. You can hear tsome noise from the interstate, but with the A/C on, I could barely hear it. One of the best nights of my trip.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the opposite side of the interstate
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
kvanderipe, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thanks you so much for posting a comment about your recent trip to the Red Roof inn Indianapolis North College Park. I am so pleased to hear how pleasant your stay was and that it was the best night of your trip. We strive to make everyone’s stay the best we can. We hope that you come back to visit us again next time you are in the area.
Delphos, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Recently stayed at this property for 5 days while my son was in a basketball tournament. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel has easy access to the Interstate and several restaurants are in walking distance. Second time we have stayed at this hotel and we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
kvanderipe, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us at the Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North College Park. The staff works hard to make everyone feel at home in a clean comfortable room. We are fortunate enough to have several restaurants in our area, whether it is in walking distance or a few blocks away. I do hope the basketball tourney went well and we look forward to having you stay with us again during the next event.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel stay was designed to be nothing more than a place to get a night's rest, before driving home after a concert in Indy. I had low expectations, and the hotel met them! As budget-priced hotels go, this one is cleaner and a bit quieter than most. In the typical cheap-stay place, you invariably find dirty carpeting. Remarkably, the carpets looked practically new. The bed was comfortable, the furnishings were adequate, and the room was small, but good enough. The outside of the property was extremely well lit… and that's good since this didn't feel like a particularly good part of town. The only complaint was that the air-conditioning, while keeping the room cool, did not remove the moisture from the air. Overall, a good-enough stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Indianapolis North College Park Red Roof Inn. We do strive to provide the best quality and product for each and every guest. Our property was recently remodeled with new carpets and bedding and the staff works very hard to keep it looking like new. For security reasons, we do keep our parking lot well lite at night but this is not due to the area of town, the North side of Indianapolis is actually the best side of Indianapolis. We do hope that you stay with us again next time you travel through the Indianapolis area.
Welland Ont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have rated this location excellent because everything that Red Roof promised was delivered and then some. Our visit started out with a genial welcome from Daniel at the front desk. We had called in earlier in the evening to reconfirm that we were indeed going to "make it" to the Red Roof Indianapolis that evening, only much, much later. During our three night stay, we asked for a wake up call, our reservation changed and we had made a special service request (to someone other than Daniel) Every request was honored and tended too,. I am a frequent traveler and know from experience to double check important details and each time the backup inquiry was only to learn that everything had been tended to.Thank you. We were travelling with our family golden retriever to our daughter's sporting event and the "pet-friendly" aspect of this property was a major factor in our choice. The ground floor room at the rear of the hotel worked very well for us. We did not hear the highway. Part of the delights of a road trip is that it is easy to travel with your own "frills". I know exactly what to expect at a Red Roof Inn. I have my own eiderdown pillow, my favorite bedding, a big towel and my own amenities. The room was spotless., The property was well groomed. There was an attractive bit of grass for our dog to wander. We practice 'leave no trace' dog ownership. ;) A modest priced property that fulfills and exceeds expectations rates an "excellent" on tripadvisor. Enjoy the savings

Room Tip: Consider the upgraded rooms.. Review the Red Roof website to view the differences.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
kvanderipe, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor! Thank you for your wonderful comments about Daniel. I am very proud to have him at the property. He is only one of several staff members that will try hard to go that extra mile for our guests. Next time you come to town for any sporting events or any other visit, we hope we can take care your lodging needs.
Pontiac, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We, again, were very happy with our stay at a Red Roof property. This motel was CLEAN, quiet, very comfortable, and will definitely stay again, if ever in the area! The only "issue" I have is the low water pressure in the shower, and a better shower-head would be an improvement, but that is a personal preference and not really a complaint.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
kvanderipe, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful response on your recent stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North College Park property. It was such a pleasure taking care you upon arrival and at check out. I am very pleased that your enjoyed the concert and your stay. We value all of our guests at the property and we try to make personal connections if possible because we want everyone to feel right at home. We look forward to another stay with us next time you are in town.

Been to Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park? Share your experiences!