“A nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Winamac In
“A nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed Saturday and Sunday night. Even though they were Sold Out we never were out of clean towels and sheets. We had a mini fridge and microwave in our room. They do not have a coffee maker or iron, which would have been nice. They do not have any type of breakfast but they did have room service that could purchase. Not sure where that is prepared. There is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance which worked for us. They do have a coffee dispenser in the lobby which is free. Also, free WiFi. We will stay here again. No pool, if that is something that you like.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor and we could hear people walking above us. Never any loud noises.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hiral P, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and others know about your stay! We are extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to contact us at 1-317-870-7765 with any questions you may have.

Motel 6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

First off, no one speaks fluent English and gets insulted when you address that you cannot understand anything that are saying. Then I received my key, went to my room and found that someone was already occupying my room. If I had been a thief or a rapist the people in that room would not have been safe. I addressed the issue and the front clerk did not care. I got a new room and found it to be very spartan and bare, just enough room to navigate to the bed. That night I heard stomping above me and my girlfriend and I proceeded to listen to the possible rape above us which included the HD sounds of groins slapping together, the bed pounding the wall, and a woman screaming at the top of her lungs. Despite all this I made another reservation online because I am on a budget, but when I went to the front desk to pay they did not want to honor the online price, so I told them to cancel, and now I come to find out that they charged my credit card for the night regardless. Yes it is a budget hotel but for $15 more you can get a giant comfortable room across the street at the LA Quinta, which is what I did to next day.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel was rather bland, forgettable and not really worthy of comment. What I really need to know is how easy it is easy to misrepresent a stay at a really crappy place. I would like to know that TripAdvisor would honestly give me a heads up about the dismal Elk City Sleep Inn or the abysmal Microtel motel in Pueblo, Colorado. They both receive positive reviews and both would be nightmares for any unsuspecting guest. Please print this, Tripadvisor. I no longer have faith in you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Montgomery, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The room was very clean and seemed newly remodeled. Had refidgerator and microwaveStaff was friendly. The whole area seemed very quiet. Plenty of restaurants nearby. I would stay here again without thinking about it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I have never stayed in a Motel 6 and I was overly surprised. Modern furniture, tv and bathroom. Very upgraded and comfortable. Great rate and a lot of shopping in area. Great value for money! Only thing would change hotel staff was somewhat rude on phone telling us to "sh" when we came in to check in. Customers should never be kept waiting to check in.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Oxford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Checked in at 2 am and that was an easy process and check out was easy since they charge you right away for the room, that is where the good part of the story ends. Figured it was just going to be an overnight place and with getting in late, I would just find a reasonable place and from the reviews and pictures, thought it would be good. Got to the room and everything seemed fine but small, not that mattered. Wish they would have showed it in the pictures better but the mattress since it just sits on a wooden board, no box spring. If you do not have back issues you will be fine. The next morning I wake up and find there are stains on the pillow cases on the back side, if you plan to stay here bring your own bedding. The cushion at the window was stained and was old where I didn't want to touch or sit on it, but it went great with the oil and grime on the windows that I found once I opened up the curtains along with previous guests initials smeared in the windows. Windex goes a long way. The shower mat was a treat as when I unfolded it, long black hair was hidden like a morning present, really started the day off great. If I had inspected the room when I got there and found all this I would have requested a different room or a refund but it was late and I just wanted to get to sleep. Wish I would have taken pictures so you could get the full effect. Just so you know, I am a very relaxed traveler and don't ask for much, but would definitely never stay at this location again. If you are staying here which I highly recommend against it, make sure it is not room 309. If it is just turn around a walkout and sleep in the car, it will be a better experience.

Room Tip: Do not stay here or if you do, bring your own bedding and make sure you wear socks or flip flops.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Frankton, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

It was a horrible experience , no alarm clock , bed was basically a cot , very thin blanket and the room was freezing cold ! Tiny little room that smelled , paid 90$ for 1 night in a area that is not a high demand destination , avoid this rip off and just sleep in your car !

• Stayed March 2014

Motel 6

Been to Motel 6 Indianapolis? Share your experiences!