“I would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East

You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7035 Western Select Drive, at I-70 and Shadeland Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46219 (Formerly Hawthorn Indianapolis East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #53 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States
“I would stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very clean and the staff is great. We had sandwich trays for our softball team and they let us use their kitchen fridge for the leftovers. I would stay there again. The staff was really friendly and asked if we won our games upon returning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rachel W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
It's great to hear that the staff at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis East is continuing to impress our guests. Thank you for taking the time to place a review for us and we'll see you soon. Rachel W. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I look for Holiday Inn Express Hotels whenever I travel. There is a standard that most hotels seem to meet, and I have always enjoyed my stay... until I visited this East Indianapolis Holiday Inn Express. It was like staying at some cheap, scary, unclean, poorly staffed hotel.

Here was our stay timeline:
Checked in - front desk lady was very kind, made conversation, warm greeting. grade: A+

Initial Room investigation - bedding looked VERY used, like they hadn't bought a new comforter for 10 years. Pulled back comforter to uncover about a 6" dark brown stain (I hope it was a stain, not that they didn't wash bedding from last person in there). We called front desk, they dropped off new sheets, didn't offer to put them on the bed (understandable). The new sheets looked very used too, no stains, but patches where the sheet was extremely thin, almost holes. Wet bar had cabinets that were falling apart, you couldn't open the doors without them falling off. Bathroom was VERY small for a "suite" room. grade: F

Room stay: Once we got new sheets on and learned not to touch the wet bar, we enjoyed a night of rest. Pillows were far and away the nicest, newest thing in the whole room. I did find an old slim jim wrapper on the floor near a wall, pretty exposed. And when we moved the bed back there were two barbie dolls behind the bed. grade: D

Breakfast: I always look forward to the cinnamon rolls, and they did not disappoint. However, the rest of the breakfast and the staff putting out the breakfast were very disappointing. I had to ask for more cinnamon rolls, and was told by the staff member "Breakfast is almost over, I don't want to bring more out". This was at 9:03 am, breakfast went until 10am. I asked for more sausage, and was told "no, it's Turkey sausage" (this made no sense). He did bring out more cinnamon rolls, but did not bring out more sausage. Biscuits, no gravy, no sausage, eggs, green bananas, decent refrigerator selection, terrible juice (I don't know how you make a juice machine bad, but they did it, my near 2 year old wouldn't even drink the apple juice which is a juice he has never refused before). grade: D

In summary: great greeting, great pillows, great cinnamon rolls after asking for them, and terrible everything else. If you want to drop $100/night on this hotel, don't expect to receive that value of service. They are nickle and dimming what should be a great hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here, if you want the same experience in this location, save $50 and go to a c...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Trey,
Thank you for your comments. I will address the issues mentioned. Please give us another chance to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The security guard harasses the customers and thinks he is a cop. Your car can get broken into there. Security Guard takes care of criminals and the customer is not important. You can drive a brand new car and he will harass you. Dont smoke outside or drink at this hotel.... just hide in your room. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay at Holiday Inn Fishers instead. Better area close to Indy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Ed98762014,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that you were not able to fully enjoy your recent stay with us. We would like to assure you that we are looking into this and would like to follow up on your experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Had a great stay. Hotel was lovely rooms were great even managed to get a swim which was lovely and relaxing. Doug was very good a credit to the hotel he was friendly and always helpfull. All the staff were amazing and it was a nice stay before we left for the airport the next day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. See you next time!!!
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was VERY pleased with our stay! The man at the front desk was very friendly, check in was so smooth. The room was amazing! My kids felt like they were "rich" they said! The free breakfast in the morning was really really good! Not what I expected of a free breakfast! They kept it continuously clean and stocked the whole morning! If we are ever in the area again I won't go anywhere else! I was extremly pleased and you will be too!

• Stayed May 2014
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Mimilopez3, We are all so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn East. Thank you for all your kind comments. The staff is very proud of our hotel and they take great pride in the service they provide. Come and see us again soon.
Lake Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This Holiday Inn was awesome, we had a suite and it was like a condo!!! The bed was superb, we had a breakfast bar which faced the tv so if you didn't want to sit on the couch or chair you could sit a the breakfast bar. It was a quiet hotel, we were there for my daughters college bowling tournament and there were a lot of college kids there. We did not stay for the breakfast but it did smell great. The front desk was very helpful and nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Christina P, thank you for the perfect 5 review!!! Please come back and see us again!!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great room for a low price. Pool. Perfect for a family. Pool could have been cleaner & bigger. They were out of towels so we had to run up cold. Also ran out of pillows so a couple of my kids slept without pillows.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your great review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look foreward to seeing you again soon!!!

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East? Share your experiences!