“Great rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East

Bookmark
You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7035 Western Select Drive, at I-70 and Shadeland Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46219 (Formerly Hawthorn Indianapolis East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #60 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Great rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Great room for a low price. Pool. Perfect for a family. Pool could have been cleaner & bigger. They were out of towels so we had to run up cold. Also ran out of pillows so a couple of my kids slept without pillows.

• Stayed March 2014
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your great review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look foreward to seeing you again soon!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Owosso, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed here while in Indianapolis for a convention. While we had a short drive into downtown each morning, this hotel provided us with good cost savings over the hotels near the convention center. The rooms were large and clean, although they could use a new coat of paint. I enjoyed the indoor pool--nice and warm and a good way to relax after sitting all day. The hot breakfast was very good. There were plenty of choices, and the hot entree changed each morning. We also took advantage of Wednesday night's chili and beverages. Our only complaint was that there were not a lot of restaurants nearby, but this is not the Holiday Inn Express's fault; there is a Bob Evans within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Brenda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Margaret,
Thank you for making our home your while in Indianapolis. We are excited you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us again.
North Oaks, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Was in the city for the basketball tournament over the weekend and the hotel was perfect. Friendly staff and as always at Holiday Inn Express, I started my day off with a delicious cinnamon roll. I wish they would sell a tray to me when I leave the hotel. Will be back at this hotel if I am in Indianapolis again for a sports event. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jim,

Thank you for satying with us while in Indianapolis. Please let me know the next time you are in Indianapolis and I will hook you up with some cinnamon rolls.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is a newer hotel in very good condition. It is located near the expressway, but not too close. It's located in a safer looking area. Was there in the winter. The parking is set away from the front door by landscaping island adjoining the drive-under entry way. So, you'll want to unload at the door or carry your stuff across a possibly snowy/icy parking lot. No problem in summer of course.

Single clerk on duty in early evening. She seemed engaged w/ some TV program in the visitor/breakfast area. She was there when we arrived and later when we came back down. She had trouble checking us in. There was no discussion of room options; without our asking. She gave us some info about hotel features, but also left out some basics (breakfast hrs & check-out time) (check-out is 11am, not 12pm as shown on website). She seemed a bit disengaged from her duties.

Indoor pool was big enough to splash around; not long enough to swim. The adjacent exercise room had older equipment. One each: treadmill, elliptical, & bike; no weights.

The king room was clean, with newer furniture; included frig & microwave. Thermostat controls were on the wall for finer settings. Bed was more comfortable than many; with softer surface & firmer support below. King size pillows for a king bed. Enough bathroom space for 2 people; adjustable shower head … very nice.

Standard free breakfast was well attended by pleasant worker who kept everything running smoothly.

All in all, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Road construction in area. We were headed North on I-69. Had to follow I-70 West OR South, to catch...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Spartan,

We enjoyed having you as our guest, please visit us again. I am glad you enjoyed the pool!!!
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

• Very clean hotel with friendly staff.
• Located close to interstates for a convenient drive to downtown Indy.
• The room was quiet and extremely large for a chain hotel. Instead of a table it had a counter with bar stools that overlooked the room. For convenience there was a microwave and mini fridge. I like that they provided a roll of paper towel instead of nothing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear ZuziSt_Louis

We are glad you enjoyed you stay with us. Thank you for the great review!!! Please visit us again.
SPRING LAKE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

There was a small pool. The air in the pool area was pretty cold ... but the pool water was nice and warm. The pool was a good diversion for our entire family.

The room was a double queen with a sofa bed. Most of the springs holding up the mattress on the foot end of the sofa bed were broke. The two or three that were left had to be replace by us two or three times to keep the mattress from falling to the ground on the foot end.

Our room configuration was ok, but there was no division between the two queens and the sofa / living area. While it may be a suite by some definitions, it certainly did not meet my overall expectation of a suite.

On the morning of our check out we received a call saying they had to turn the water off in 10 minutes to repair a water leak. While I understand the need to take care of an emergency leak, it does seem like they could have considered some compensation for not having water as we wrapped up our morning routine.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the two queen / sofa sleeper "suite" has no real division between the va...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Christopher V,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the majority of features provided. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is a like new property with great noise control. I stayed here on a very full night and I was not disturbed at all by the comings and goings of other guests.

The included breakfast at this hotel was not as good as some Holiday Inn Express locations where I have stayed. The attendant kept moving, but I'm not sure if the facilities and staff are large enough to accommodate a full house.

The only disappointment I experienced with this HIE was that as an IHG property their online rates are supposed to be the best. They were not and the desk staff would not honor the better rate I found so I went through the travel site and booked online in the hotel lobby. It saved me 25% so it wasn't an insignificant amount of money.

I would happily stay here again as it is a very quick trip into downtown Indy and the experience was generally very good.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East? Share your experiences!